It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 yr old girl killed for BMX bike

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

No one is de evolving.

People have always killed. Look at the roman coloseum, it was a sport.

In the wild west, if a mineworker was caught stealing gold, he was shot on site.

People were hung for stealing horses.

Things are progressing fine. You are always going to have murderers.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just imagine how gratified either of these young men would have been~ to have had work in a tool and die shop. Or perhaps as welding apprentices.

So exciting to possess knowledge and skill to fabricate your own BMX parts. Or car suspension components. The pride of craftsmanship, the gratification of building up the bike, part by part, from hi moly chrome, or S7.

Some people would kill for that sort of opportunity.

Well....let's move forward.
edit on 24-10-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Same tired news.... Nothing new...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Stefanie, 14, was stabbed to death outside their east-end Toronto home on New Year's Day 2008 in a shockingly senseless act that put two other teens behind bars for life.

Here's 1

Crayford, 54, died in May 2011 after he was assaulted during a holdup at the Pizza Hotline on Concordia Avenue. His killing sparked outrage over Manitoba's so-called "revolving-door justice system" and prompted Pizza Hotline CEO Jerry Cianflone to air radio ads decrying the "senseless murder."

Another

There are plenty more. Killed over play station, few dollar cash, shoes, whatever.

This is a very sad story, but it isn't unique to the US. It happens everywhere. In fact, it happens in less-developed nations with even less motivation. The worldwide instantaneous press just makes it look worse than what it is.

Sad for the girl's family, and I hope they don't waste too much time or money on jail for these monsters. Hopefully they don't last long on the inside. Personally, I hope they never even make it to sentencing.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Same tired news.... Nothing new...

It's a new low for the reason killing was done. Killed so they could get away with the booty? Couldn't they have just copped to the bike? Same reason rapists kill their victim, I suppose. I don't wanna wake up to that, here's a knife, ugh, see ya.

Thankfully the act was done with equal measures of moral transgression and stupidity.

2 guys. Neighborhood victim. Over a bike. No one's gonna wonder who did that....to me, it's a flag. You don't just pass it by like no one lost anything. It is noteworthy, in many ways.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

There has always been crime, and stupid crime. This is a horrific story no doubt. But would it be news if she wasn't white?

Nope.

All of the murder-for-bicycle-parts go unreported in the ghetto.

Sad, really.

So many bicycle chains stolen for life.

So many tires....

Oh, the humanity!!

You sir, are an idiot.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by SinMaker

No one is de evolving.

People have always killed. Look at the roman coloseum, it was a sport.

In the wild west, if a mineworker was caught stealing gold, he was shot on site.

People were hung for stealing horses.

Things are progressing fine. You are always going to have murderers.

You make a great defense for the white girl killing the two little black boys.

... you know..... people getting shot/killing for stealing.

Honestly, you seem to be an apologist. Has political correctness gotten to you to the point that you defend and reason the actions of criminals?

Seriously. You are backwards.

.... seriously.

:-(

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatAreThey

She's not backwards, she is just disputing the point that things are worse now than they used to be, or that things are worse in the US compared to anywhere else. Things are just the same as they have always been. It isn't being an apologist, nor is it justifying anyone's actions, it is just a splash of cold water in the face of the doommongers who think things are devolving.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

edit on 25-10-2012 by nixie_nox because: whoops

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Let me help you with your ignorance problem.

They even have a name for it, MMWS, or missing white woman syndrome.

MMWS

According to a study published in The Law and Society Association, aboriginal women who go missing in Canada receive twenty-seven times less news coverage than white women; they also receive "dispassionate and less-detailed, headlines, articles, and images."

In December 1995, American Journalism Review wrote about a year-old Chicago study documenting that white victims of crime received more television news time than their minority counterparts. Recent research indicates that the trend continues in mainstream media.

White victims in the United States frequently become household names. Decades after being raped and stabbed in 1964 within earshot of more than three dozen neighbors in the New York borough of Queens, Catherine “Kitty” Genovese remains one of the most memorable murder victims in the nation’s history.

In ensuing years, many other whites achieve notoriety as crime victims. These included Sharon Tate in 1969, Patty Hearst in 1974, Adam Walsh in 1981, JonBenet Ramsay in 1996, Laci Peterson in 2002 and Caylee Anthony in 2008. Although blacks, Latinos and other persons of color also suffer from violent and random crimes, they typically do not garner major media attention.

Maynard Institute

A 1994 Chicago study on violence in television news and "reality" programming (shows such as "COPS" and "Rescue 911") by Robert Entman, then an associate professor of communications at Northwestern University, found that, on average, stories about white victims of violent crimes lasted 74 percent longer than stories about black victims. The total time given to white victims was 2.8 times more than the total time devoted to both black and Hispanic victims.

American Journalism Review

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

No, I don't think TV has anything to do with this. I've been watching the most horrendous horror movies ever since I can remember. I love horror movies. Well, giving it a second thought, Commercials do push to be cool through material possessions. If those kids weren't told that this is hogwash them maybe this could of enticed them to do this. But I think that no matter how well a person is educated or how they were brought up, if they 're going to kill someone, they're going to do it. I hope they get punished to the fullest extent of the law. Or leave them with her dad for 15 minutes.
edit on 24-10-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

I vote, "leave them with her dad for 15 minutes".

Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth. Sweet Revenge....

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Poor baby, did I take away your reason to hate all of humanity? So you can scream that society is degrading when it has been there all along?

Those darn pesky facts taking away your tantrum.

Boy kicked to death in 1876

8 yo girl killed by 12 yo girl in 1910

Bed and Breafkast Serial Killings in 1871

Victorian baby tafficers

The Villsca Ax Murders 1912

Almost 97 years ago, long before serial killers and mass murders had become a way of life, two adults and 6 children were found brutally murdered in their beds in the small mid-western town of Villisca, Iowa. During the weeks that followed, life in this small town changed drastically.

Ernst Wagner murdered his wife and four children in the town of Degerloch, Germany. Then he went to Mühlhausen, where he feared the townsmen were mocking him for having sex with an animal. He opened fire and hit 20 people, killing at least nine.

When do you think that happened?

It happened in 1913.

NYtimes.com

1890 The Australian Baby murders

Here is a list of familicides starting in 1805:

Familicide

Grandmother killed and cremated infant grandson in 1904:

trove.nla.gov.au...

I will wait for your apology.

edit on 25-10-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider

Stefanie, 14, was stabbed to death outside their east-end Toronto home on New Year's Day 2008 in a shockingly senseless act that put two other teens behind bars for life.

Here's 1

Crayford, 54, died in May 2011 after he was assaulted during a holdup at the Pizza Hotline on Concordia Avenue. His killing sparked outrage over Manitoba's so-called "revolving-door justice system" and prompted Pizza Hotline CEO Jerry Cianflone to air radio ads decrying the "senseless murder."

Another

There are plenty more. Killed over play station, few dollar cash, shoes, whatever.

This is a very sad story, but it isn't unique to the US. It happens everywhere. In fact, it happens in less-developed nations with even less motivation. The worldwide instantaneous press just makes it look worse than what it is.

Sad for the girl's family, and I hope they don't waste too much time or money on jail for these monsters. Hopefully they don't last long on the inside. Personally, I hope they never even make it to sentencing.

Toronto isn't Canada. It's a sesspool of immigration and gang bangers.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

YOU ASKED
I'm stricken to know WHY this happens so often in America?

The answer is simple but the fall out from saying it isn't.

And we all know the elephant in the room but wont say why.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KentuckyMan

How so? What is the elephant? His premise was faulty from the beginning. It DOES happen in Canada, and when you break it down per capita, it happens in the US at the same rate that it happens elsewhere.

So, please enlighten us about the elephant in the room. We're curious.
edit on 25-10-2012 by darkhorserider because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

And this happened in Clayton, NJ, which is an inner city burrough, with a population of 1100 people per square mile! That is TOO MANY PEOPLE to live together peacefully.

Contrast that with the density of the overall United States at just 84 people per square mile. Within the United States, New Jersey has the most dense populatin of all 50 states.
edit on 25-10-2012 by darkhorserider because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinMaker
This blatant disregard for life is alarming beyond measure. What kind of household taught those two little monsters that it was OK to kill a young little girl, much less anyone? For a freaking bike?! Murder for nothing seems to becoming more and more pervasive.

I'm at a loss to attempt to understand this in any capacity. Its like humanity is devolving. I'm a product of the 60's and these last ten years have been the most outrageous period I've ever observed in human behavior.

These two miscreants were socialized by their peers, mindless drivel on TV and "music", poor or no real education, no positive adult influence, possibly violent video games and the counterculture.

They never had a chance for a productive life. And now that they have strangled a child to steal her bike parts, we should help them to become productive -- by turning them into fertilizer.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Really, speculating who is to blame is a waste of time. It's easy to point fingers at the media or their parents or any thing else. But really, at the end of the day, they are responsible for their own actions.

They made this choice on their own and this is why finger pointing is a waste of time. But if you insist on pointing fingers, how about you point it at the murderers? They may or may not have had bad parents and watched trash TV... But they are responsible for what they did. No one else. Period.

What they did was awful and sad and they will pay for their crime. This story makes me sad.

Peace and love
edit on 25-10-2012 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
You guessed it, in America.

I'm stricken to know WHY this happens so often in America? Before you get defensive, of course this happens in other parts on the world and arent reported as often because it's another country and things are sensactionalized in the States

The irony of that statement is so thick you could cut it with a knife. Good to see you doing your part.
Calgary is it?

Anyway those two should get the book thrown at them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join