It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constructions of the Nephilim.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
how cool, I copied all those pictures....here in Dallas , we have the biggest nephilem structure....3 miles by 5 miles....on a plateau, with structures in the wall like big azz pipes and portholes.....did you catch that....3 friggin miles by 5 got tamm miles.....rectangle

What's this structure called? I'm intrigued

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
how cool, I copied all those pictures....here in Dallas , we have the biggest nephilem structure....3 miles by 5 miles....on a plateau, with structures in the wall like big azz pipes and portholes.....did you catch that....3 friggin miles by 5 got tamm miles.....rectangle

What's this structure called? I'm intrigued

The Dallas Cowboys Stadium

Really though, some of those players are ginormous.
edit on 25-10-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
No major secret how to move big blocks without cranes, just because they didn't have our technology ie hydraulics and electronics doesn't make them stupid.

www.theforgottentechnology.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

A lot of meticulous research by Dr. Daniel Lohmann went into those papers in which the underlying pre-Roman podium was determined to be Herodian. You can review the papers themselves if you wish to pick apart his research.

Kropp and Lohmann: Construction Techniques at Heliopolis and Jerusalem
-- Kropp, Andreas J M; Lohmann, Daniel

Drafting and Design. Roman Architectural Drawings and their meanings for the Construction of Heliopolis/Baalbek, Lebanon (PDF FILE)
-- Dipl.-Ing. Daniel Lohmann

Giant Strides towards Monumentality - The architecture of the Jupiter Sanctuary in Baalbek/Heliopolis (PDF FILE)
-- Dipl.-Ing. Daniel Lohmann

'Herodian' masonry refers to a style of masonry (margin-cutting) used throughout the region during his reign, although the style began before he came to power. The style dates as early as the 3rd C. BC, but the Temple Mount and Baalbek podium are specific to Herod, between 20 BC to 70 AD. Herod was also capable of moving some big blocks of stone, the foundation in the Western Wall boasts a block weighing 660 tons.

The style of masonry you are posting about, 'margin-cutting', Herodian, etc., does not date back as far as the Canaanites.

The site of Ballbek was surely at one time a pagan Canaanite worship site, but all the masonry present dates from either Herod or the Romans. Whatever Canaanites built there was obliterated by their works. The only thing remaining of those earlier eras were the tel itself and the alter underneath, which excavations have dated back to 7200 BC.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I wonder if there are any indications in those texts, of a people that were, lets say, a Taboo to speak of or even write about at that time ? I have heard that this was the case from a few that have a more, "religious account" of these things. I'm sure you would know and could offer some truth be known to this controversial conclude.

SnF for bringing this forward OP

edit on 25-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
reply to post by Byrd

Do you understand you just justified a non technologically advanced civilization that was able to move 1,000 ton blocks?

Really?

Not a thousand ton block among them.

However, here's a linkto a 1200 ton stone that was moved several miles by human muscle power alone (not even horses or oxen were used.)

So, what's your point again?

Harte

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Blackmarketeer,
Star.
Nobody knows this stuff like you do. There's nothing like self-education, is there?

Harte

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

He considers it the work of Herod for reasons yet to be determined, which doesn't quite equal determined...

It's a good paper but i think he is lacking in knowledge regarding the extent of ashlars with margins associated with Temples around Mount Hermon, he mentions only this;

Later examples from Lebanon include the temples of Mejdel ‘Anjar and Sfireh (Krencker and Zschietzschmann 1938, 20–32 and 182–91), where the architects once again limited the use of isodomic drafted-margin masonry to the cella walls

This is Majdal'Anjar, not a good site to understand anything as it was turned into a little fortress by the Arabs;

A better example is the small Temple at Niha;

Or the big Temple at Niha were large megalithic margin cut stones are around the base;

The issue i have with these is that the Temples are first Century yet the margin cut stones in varying conditions show every sign of being scavenged and incorporated into these generally poorly built cost cutting Roman structures, in other words there was a lot of it lying around in the first century.

Here are some very worn examples from Dakoue, compared with the purpose cut Roman features;

The width to height proportions of those walls looks wrong, it's amazing it's still standing, the stones look from elsewhere.

So basically i would think these Temples and associated former sites need more investigation (as does Baalbek itself) before any determination could be made, it's a whole lot of evidence overloooked, a couple of examples from 1938 doesn't suffice for myself.

edit on 25-10-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
speaking of similarity's

what about

Puma Punku & Aksum , Church of St George of Ethiopia

have a lot os Smilaritys!! in Structure patterns and according to the Church of St George

Angels Help Built it !! as Legend says

Nephilim ?

Either Aliens or Angels

a somewhat Before Man had Critical Thinking

Those Stones are Hard to MOVE or Duplicate by Modern Machines

So How did they do it !!

is where we should Consider...

Sons of Anak ...... Anakin Sky Walker and His Desendants ( Nephilim ) Used The Force

to Move those Stones and with a Lightsaber too LOL

gotta think beyond reality right ...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Do you think that those odd rectangular holes could have been used for lifting?
With a tool such as Ice Tongs.
Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

I do understand what you are suggesting, but no, this has little to do with the "Sin" aspect of man.

It has more to do with the Fallen, and the immoral acts they indulged in with the Daughters of Man, for example.

Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

This is where I am in respects to these entities. They are here again today. There is nothing shocking about it. This is something we have been advised would occur for some 5000 +/- years through various means.

This along with a lineage of those whom relished those indulgences which still to this day, rule this planet, makes this premise a simple matter to consider.

I also understand the theory brought forth here, will be dismissed for various reasons some of which have been presented already. That just comes with having an original thought. People tend to dismiss things they don't comprehend, or in some cases, review scholastic materials of support of those ideas presented..

Anyhow, don't worry too much about my views on this. I don't seek approval or intend to change minds. I only hope seeds are sown.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
reply to post by Byrd

Do you understand you just justified a non technologically advanced civilization that was able to move 1,000 ton blocks?

Really?

Do you understand that you just called the Roman empire non technologically advanced? They took rudimentary technologies and built incredible things using engineering knowledge and advanced applications of those technologies. Roman engineers impress the everliving hell out of me with what they did with what they had. You undersell them, I think. The strength of the Romans was to find great ideas that others had and use them for themselves. For example, the Roman legionare's weapon and armor was patterned after Iberian-celtic wargear. The Tuscans are where they got their construction know how, and so on.

That said I have no idea who built the temples, but Baalbek is just so huge and mysterious that I don't think the Romans did it. Also I don't think they would build a temple dedicated to Baal.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Could it be the Nephilim possibly. I've always wondered why would normal humans build with such large stones and blocks when they didn't have too. But if you where a large being 10 feet or 15 feet in height and also the body mass that goes with that size, it would make more sense to build with larger stones and such so support your weight and also for ease of construction for the size of the being. You don't see humans like us trying to build our houses with 2 inch bricks. We use larger material that we can handle and so it works for a being 10 feet to 15 feet (possibly bigger).

If anyone could help me during the flood that happened on earth (It wasn't a reiligious flood it was something that happened during the last cataclysm with the end of the ice age possibly meteor strikes and whatnot). In the bible there was story that said the giants of the land was washed away from the flood. It said the number, do anybody know how many where washed away or assumed washed away?

Maybe the horrible secret on this planet is that a race of hominids from another planet where masters of this world and we overthrew them a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

You ask some question that really doesn't have an answer my Friend.

The problem is, there wasn't a Biblical figure affixed to the Spawn of the Fallen that I am aware of.

The Book of Enoch does suggest some of the activities these Nephilim partook in though.

CHAPTER VII.

1. And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. 2. And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: 3. Who consumed all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, 4. the giants turned against them and devoured mankind. 5. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. 6. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.

CHAPTER IX.

1. And then Michael, Uriel, Raphael, and Gabriel looked down from heaven and saw much blood being shed upon the earth, and all lawlessness being wrought upon the earth. 2. And they said one to another: 'The earth made †without inhabitant cries the voice of their crying† up to the gates of heaven. 3 ⌈⌈And now to you, the holy ones of heaven⌉⌉, the souls of men make their suit, saying, "Bring our cause before the Most High.".' 4. And they said to the Lord of the ages: 'Lord of lords, God of gods, King of kings, 〈and God of the ages〉, the throne of Thy glory (standeth) unto all the generations of the ages, and Thy name holy and glorious and blessed unto all the ages! 5. Thou hast made all things, and power over all things hast Thou: and all things are naked and open in Thy sight, and Thou seest all things, and nothing can hide itself from Thee. 6. Thou seest what Azâzêl hath done, who hath taught all unrighteousness on earth and revealed the eternal secrets which were (preserved) in heaven, which men were striving to learn: 7. And Semjâzâ, to whom Thou hast given authority to bear rule over his associates. 8. And they have gone to the daughters of men upon the earth, and have slept with the women, and have defiled themselves, and revealed to them all kinds of sins. 9. And the women have borne giants, and the whole earth has thereby been filled with blood and unrighteousness. 10. And now, behold, the souls of those who have died are crying and making their suit to the gates of heaven, and their lamentations have ascended: and cannot cease because of the lawless deeds which are wrought on the earth. 11. And Thou knowest all things before they come to pass, and Thou seest these things and Thou dost suffer them, and Thou dost not say to us what we are to do to them in regard to these.'

I am sure there are other examples that can be found in various texts outside of the Bible. Both the Koran and the Torah, may have further details in regards to this, but I have not studied these texts to date.

The Book of Enoch does suggest 200 entities made up the Fallen, and offers some names of the "Leaders". Outside of that, there isn't much, Biblically speaking.

As for the flood, in my own personal view, we are talking about a localized event. Certainly the terms we see in the Genesis Account, give us the impression of a horrific event.

But I think the implications where rather generalized in Locale. This event was specific and had a purpose. To eliminate the Spawn of the Fallen. As noted earlier, some did survive, but the majority where wiped out, along with other "creatures" of the Fallen.

There are many Threads about the Flood, and when and where in ATS and a search can take you to these for review. These points do not need to be rehashed here.

I just believe that everything known to the people involved in this event was washed away. The terms brought forth echo this clearly, but what happened in areas outside of the area in which Noah and his Family lived is very debatable. Africa has little record of Flood Events, and no evidence of such an occurrence. Elsewhere, around the globe, many cultures do express lore and tales of a great flood, and it is clear they seem to be expressing the same event. Whether this common theme was spread around the globe during the disbursement of mankind into separate groups based on Languages during the the Days of Nimrod, and his tower of Babel, is another subject.

Despite the views of some here, Atlantis, the Antediluvian World, by Ignatius Donnelly does offer a fine collection of the lore revolving around the flood from around the globe.See Deluge tales

(Note: Despite the outcries of many, Donnelly did not make up thes tales)

Ciao

Shane

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bluesman462002

Could have been, or for making minor lateral adjustments when laying into position.

reply to post by hoghead cheese

The general reasons people constructed with large stones are along the lines of to impress others to be remembered, for strong fortification, to stop later generations being able to easily remove them..with Baalbek it could well have been all those.

edit on 26-10-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Thy mystery to me is how could building techniques be so advanced in an era when human existence itself was an everyday struggle? These amazing structures still hide secrets as to who actually built them and how they were able to keep to such tight tolerances in an age of very rudimentary cutting and measuring devices. Somehow mankind seems to have suffered some form of amnesia regarding past hisorical events that happened a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
These 'Nephilim', what have archaeological excavations found in their habitations levels, ie what culture are you saying they are? What pottery types are associated with them? Etc.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Its really sad that we think we know our past, yet when we find something that doesn't fit into the "normal history" it tests us to find a way without breaking this concept.

What i see here is something that was bult by people long since forgotten, into myth and legend that its become absurd. We are denying something in our history. Why? Because we are happy with our "complete" incomplete history? Or is there something truly there that we must be afraid of, not to seek truth, and rewrite our history as it should be.

we can only go back as far in time as the crust lets us as it hasn't gone back into the mantel.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
That said I have no idea who built the temples, but Baalbek is just so huge and mysterious that I don't think the Romans did it. Also I don't think they would build a temple dedicated to Baal.

I generally agree with your post, but the above begs for comment.

There is absolutely no question that the Romans erected the temple there. No doubt. None.

The entire complex is thoroughly Roman, and was recorded so at the time. The three stones in question were certainly placed by the Romans in that process. However, many "feel" otherwise which is the point of the argument.

The temple was not dedicated to Baal. It was a temple for Jupiter.

Harte

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join