It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constructions of the Nephilim.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Some of those blocks weigh 2 million pounds, no way a normal sized team of men could move something like that much less lift it into place, especially with the type of technology they had back then.

Personal incredulity is not really that impressive as an argument. Again the 1000 ton stones were not moved, they were left in the quarry. The three 650-800 ton stones were moved, obviously. Ancient man only moved 8 stones heavier during the ancient period, why? It was damn hard. Did the Roman's have the technology to do it? Yep

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Wrong.

From the Septuagint:

I give command, and I bring them: giants are coming to fulfil my wrath, rejoicing at the same time and insulting.
A voice of many nations on the mountains, even like to that of many nations; a voice of kings and nations gathered together: the Lord of hosts has given command to [a] a war-like nation,
to come from a land afar off, from the utmost foundation of heaven; the Lord and his warriors are coming to destroy all the world.

From the Septuagint

He even goes on to say how his army will rape children. But mainly just destroy everyone and everything.

Howl ye, for the day of the Lord is near, and destruction from God shall arrive.
Therefore every hand shall become powerless, and every soul of man shall be dismayed.
The elders shall be troubled, and pangs shall seize them, as of a woman in travail: and they shall mourn one to another, and shall be amazed, and shall change their countenance as a flame.
For behold! the day of the Lord is coming which cannot be escaped, a day of wrath and anger, to make the world desolate, and to destroy sinners out of it.
For the stars of heaven, and Orion, and all the host of heaven, shall not give their light; and it shall be dark at sunrise, and the moon shall not give her light.
And I will command evils for the whole world, and will visit their sins on the ungodly: and I will destroy the pride of transgressors, and will bring low the pride of the haughty.
And they that are left shall be more precious than gold tried in the fire; and a man shall be more precious than the stone that is in Suphir.
For the heaven shall be enraged, and the earth shall be shaken from her foundation, because of the fierce anger of the Lord of hosts, in the day in which his wrath shall come on.
And they that are left shall be as a fleeing fawn, and as a stray sheep, and there shall be none to gather them: so that a man shall turn back to his people, and a man shall flee to his own land.
For whosoever shall be taken shall be overcome; and they that are gathered together shall fall by the sword.
And they shall dash their children before their eyes; and they shall spoil their houses, and shall take their wives.
Behold, I will stir up against you the Medes, who do not regard silver, neither have they need of gold.
They shall break the bows of the young men; and they shall have no mercy on your children; nor shall their eyes spare thy children.

edit on 24-10-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

You clearly miss allegory. Lot of allegorical stuff in the bible. Giant's are not necessarily giants and "all the world" is not necessarily "all the world". Case in point, Jesus praying for his believers who are still in the world, but not "of the world".
edit on 24-10-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

No, you claimed that the section was referring to him 'punishing evil men' but it is far more general, and broad, in reference.

This is not allegorical but I can understand why you would want to box it that way to conform it to your beliefs because it would be rather hard to digest a God willing to allow all the aforementioned to happen.

The 'Lord of Hosts' IMO is not the Ultimate God, and certainly has more possibility of being the leader of said nephilim who built these megalithic structures.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Yes for me a 'Caananite' re-identification of the 'Herodian Masonry' resolves a whole lot of issues, such as its usage upon the summit of Mount Hermon.

reply to post by LightAssassin

Thanks, it's always good to consider specifics, such as where and when did those considered the Nephilim actually live, what did they build and why...

edit on 24-10-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
ah thats why so many jews are praying to a wall of brick (9th pic)
make sense now

great thread with great pictures SNF
edit on 10/24/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Well, I'm all for fantasy so I'm leaning towards ancient landing/launching sites from over 10,000 years ago, if not longer.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

It may be the case as you say that it has latterly been reconstructed from scavenged stone, but my general point and you would probably agree is that it is what is considered as 'Herodian Masonry', in my opinion Caananite.

'Herodian masonry' and 'Canaanite masonry' are two opposites. Herod would have viewed Canaanites as heathens. Herod was Judean and his temples were built according to strict Jewish law, meaning only priests could engage in the work. For the Great Temple in Jerusalem he had 1,000 Jewish priests as masons. At the time of Herod's construction at Baalbek there weren't any Canaanites around, except as their descendents in the Phoenicians. Romans may have engaged local Phoenicians (Tyrians, Byblosians, etc.) as they were among some of the best masons of their day, but Herod would never have. The masonry at Baalbek is strictly Herodian, Roman, and Arab - MOST of it is Roman. The "pre-Roman" podium is Herodian - and a nearly identical match in masonry and technique as the Great Temple podium in Jerusalem. The Arab fortification of 600 AD obviously caused Roman and Herodian stonework to be dislocated/altered.

It would be interesting to delve further back into the history of the site - the etymology of the name, the similarity between 'bekka' and 'mecca', in which a fallen object (meteor, angels/satan cast down to earth, etc.), how worship at the site began (circa 7200 BC), but all archeological information from this age lays in the tel, and not in the architecture or temple foundations, which were built between 70 BC and 100 AD. Whatever had been there was destroyed and lost forever by Herod, then the Romans. You will NOT find any trace of that pre-history in the masonry at the site. It's simply bad archeology to attach the folklores and tales of one culture to another cultures temples. It would be like trying to find traces of Atlantean masonry in Disneyland.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I don't know if it was pointed out yet already but the Sons of Anak were not the nephilum.

According to the biblical account:

The two spies that were sent into the cities brought back reports of large men that were likened to the nephilum in order to discourage those in their own military camps from both fighting anymore (they were tired of fighting) and from having to travel around anymore (they no longer wanted to get to the 'promised land' but wanted strongly to just stop moving around and settle down right there).

But stopping before reaching their destination would have been in violation of God's commandments, thus it was decided to move forward and attack the city.

They (the scouts sent out to spy on the land ahead) called the sons of Anak this term to scare the other men. Those traveling groups did not fight and conquer supernatural beings. This would have noted, surely. The point of this group of verses is lost to many churches these days.

edit on 24-10-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Your observations in regards to the styling of the stonework of these various constructions is very interesting. I never realized the similarities where that obvious previously.

Due to the Thread Title, I would like to add the following for anyone who maybe new and would like to know more of what is being suggested.

A "friend" of mine, which I have spoken with on several occasions on Radio Shows, as well as on the Phone and Email, wrote a fine book, which I tended to have difficulties with simply due to the Item in Specific, the Great Pyramid. I have some beliefs that are likely as far out there as others may have but my thinking tend to lean towards Enoch, as the constructor or site foreman, so to speak.

Patrick Heron wrote the book Nephilim and the Pyramid of the Apocalypse. Anyone interested in hearing his views, can do so at the following Link.

Thats why I am here. Despite the assurances of Ms Byrd, who I have the utmost respect for, just because it isn't scribed down, doesn't make the it any less valid as any other form of speculation. As you note, many things have been lost.

The Biblical Account makes it quite clear, they, the Nephilim where here, and here being Baalbek and the area. The Region through to Jordan was, as noted previously, a homeland for many such beings. King David would never had gotten out of the pastures with the Sheep, if it wasn't for Goliath, (aka Nephilim), for an example.

And it is not as if David was a fairy tale. We know he existed.

I thank you for taking the time to offer your view on this subject. As I noted, I never considered such evidence previously, and all in all, this is why I love being part of this fine group of people. Ideas and thoughts provoke the Grey Matter and without that, this site wouldn't be worth logging onto..

Great Thread.

Ciao

Shane

edit on 24-10-2012 by Shane because: speling

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

Regarding David and his men, he also came across caucasian canaanites, as well as those with 6 fingers or toes on their hands and feet, respectively. Nowhere in the scriptures does it state that Goliath, though indeed a large man, was a nephilum himself.

In this line of thinking, whites would all be evil descendents. Even Andre the Giant would be a descendant as well. But his family .. not so much? It doesn't really make sense to base growth anomalies in humans as the handiwork of "the fallen." Medical science might argue that point.

Unless, you go into the whole sin argument, and human imperfections stemming from that. That's a whole other discussion, however.

Still, I suppose when a person believes so strongly in a theory, no amount of evidence may change their viewpoint on things such as this.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

how did these ancient civilizations move 1000 ton rocks....very slowly.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
Question.

When the nephilim eventually show themselves, return to power once more and reign over this world. Who is willing the obey orders from these once fallen demi-gods or angel/human hybrids ?

It has already been happening for the last 13 millennia
The control system we have here on earth today is the result
The fallen angles have taken responsibility for the matters on earth
Outside of this planet the universe is a very different place although there are many undergoing way worse or similar conditions to us.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I don't care who built it, its amazing work either way, man is way older than we are led to believe, t rex foot print and human next to each other, and how do we know those footprints weren't made after the fall of humans millions of years before that too. Face it, we are like ants or coach roaches, yah just can't kill us heh, there's probably tons of cities built under silt on bottom of the ocean floor that we will never find. Like the city/dock/temple off the coast of one of the Japanese islands, its under like 50-100 ft of water, who built that place!! Ice age was long time ago to where water levels would be below the site? Either way I love anything ancient, art , building, philosophies, reading, text, trade, science, astronomy. Its amazing to think some of the things we have just recently learned were know millions of years to hundreds of thousands of years before us and we thought we were smart. Like how come we can't build this crap today? Even with giant cranes.

My theory on this has always been that there may have been less clouds/atmosphere back in the day which allowed such things as dinosaurs, large trees, big insects, and possibly giant humans , not necessarily "nephlim" just bigger humans. If animals could grow big maybe the "sense" of gravity was less and just a few larger humans could lift large stones like they were in water because the gravity was less do to less atmosphere. And over time our bubble has filled up with more atmosphere from water being brought in by meteorites and such that over time evaporate that into out atmosphere when they enter adding more gas giving us a higher simulated gravity than was millions of years ago, and that's why everything is smaller now and heavier, kind like a goldfish, grow them in small tank, they stay small, throw them in your back yard pond they will grow to 1lbs or more. Now our bowl has less room, we are small goldfish .^^

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by JrDavis

how did these ancient civilizations move 1000 ton rocks....very slowly.

Levitation !

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Excellent Post, there is no doubt at least to me, that the construction of these temples and fortresses were done by people possessing superhuman strength or some unknown advanced tools, 600 ton stones being precisely placed and stacked amazing.

I think the great pyramid and it's location, the precise center in reference to it's base tell us that something much greater has been at work on the planet when it comes to ancient structures of these great proportions, and exact measurements.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
how cool, I copied all those pictures....here in Dallas , we have the biggest nephilem structure....3 miles by 5 miles....on a plateau, with structures in the wall like big azz pipes and portholes.....did you catch that....3 friggin miles by 5 got tamm miles.....rectangle

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
reply to post by Byrd

Do you understand you just justified a non technologically advanced civilization that was able to move 1,000 ton blocks?

Really?

Most likely anti gravity technology like the egyptians used...so yeah they were technologically advanced.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

It's still my opinion that whats termed 'Herodian Masonry' at Baalbek can't have anything to do with Herod for reasons previously stated.

Take a look at these large Basalt blocks from Caananite Tel Hazor, considered to date to the time of the Israelite conquest and the associated palace complex destroyed by Joshua, the wall above is restored;

The raised relief style can faintly be seen on those megalitihc blocks, which certainly aren't typical of the generally poor quality of Caananite construction, but someone had the capability.

If those were at Baalbek they'd be called 'Herodian Masonry'...

reply to post by SoulVisions

Numbers 13:33 is the verse that says they were of the Nephilim;

33 And there we saw the Nephilim, the sons of Anak, who come of the Nephilim; and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.'

edit on 25-10-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
Question.

When the nephilim eventually show themselves, return to power once more and reign over this world. Who is willing the obey orders from these once fallen demi-gods or angel/human hybrids ?

First we would need evidence that they exist and then that they are who we think they are

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join