It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Muslim filmmaker detained for almost a month...next court date three days after election

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Thanks for the info

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

I honestly was ignorant to the protocol. Thanks to boncho I am up to date

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

I am just wondering why people are supporting a man that supports hate?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I think many people think he is being used as a scapegoat. Just because we don't want to see a person take the fall for something he wasn't responsible for doesn't mean we support any of his unrelated acts.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

I think many people think he is being used as a scapegoat. Just because we don't want to see a person take the fall for something he wasn't responsible for doesn't mean we support any of his unrelated acts.

Thank you!! Blaming this video which existed on youtube for months prior to 9/11/12 was very convenient for those looking to skirt around accountability with the administration. Now, the wheels are falling off the bus and all those involved cannot run fast enough...

I certainly do not condone the message conveyed in the video and the video itself did not violate any laws. The group behind the video is a Coptic Christian organization (Media for Christ). There a quite a few prominent Anti Muslim agitators at the root of this video.

The California-based Press Telegram reports today that an organization called Media for Christ produced the Islamophobic film at the center of the controversy that has sparked widespread protests in the Middle East. The film, "Innocence of Muslims," portrays the Prophet Muhammad as a womanizer, a gay man and a child abuser. Depictions of the Prophet are considered blasphemous to Muslims.

The head of Media for Christ is Joseph Abdelmasih, the Press Telegram reports. On California's Secretary of State page, Media for Christ is registered as a business entity with Joseph Nasralla Abdelmasih listed as the "agent for service of process." Here's a screenshot of the Secretary of State page:

Remember the anti mosque rallies in NYC?

Abdelmasih spoke at Geller's and Spencer's anti-mosque rally in Manhattan in 2010. The rally was organized to oppose the construction of the Park 51 Islamic center in lower Manhattan, a cause that attracted widespread media attention and led to other high-profile battles against the construction of mosques in the U.S.

"Wake up America!" said Abdelmasih, to a crowd of flag-waving Americans. He said the mosque will be built "over my dead body."

Is this a greater move to silence agitators?

Nasralla Abdelmasih has also worked with Steve Klein, the right-wing Christian extremist who was a consultant on the film. Yesterday, Max Blumenthal reported that "in July 2011, Spencer’s website, Jihad Watch, promoted a rally Klein organized alongside the anti-Muslim Coptic extremist Joseph Nasrallah to demand the firing of LA County Sheriff Lee Baca, whom they painted as a dupe for Hamas."

Pictured above with Nasralla Abdelmasih is Morris Sadek. Sadek, as Chris Toensing of Middle East Report notes, is "well known for risible exaggeration about the proportion of Copts in the Egyptian population and clumsy attempts to exploit Islamophobia in the West to 'help' his co-religionists in Egypt."

This issue pissed off plenty of people even though Huma is directly linked via her mother and brother

Sadek is a supporter of ACT! for America, which believes that President Obama has embraced the Muslim Brotherhood. The group rallied its supporters last month behind Michelle Bachmann’s anti-Muslim witch hunt against Huma Abedin and others. Here’s Sadek with ACT! For America president Brigitte Gabriel at one of the group’s 2010 events.

Is this something that is greater than all of us?

In any case, whether or not Joseph Nassralla was involved in this film, it doesn't matter, because the film itself doesn't matter. It was not the cause of these riots and murders. The film was on YouTube for months before the Muslim rage over it began, and that rage was clearly carefully planned and orchestrated. The film is just a pretext to justify the violence and intimidate the West into adopting Sharia restrictions on the freedom of speech, so that jihad can advance unimpeded and unopposed in the West. And you, by focusing on the film and demonizing the filmmakers, are abetting that.

mondoweiss.net...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
And? This guy violated his parole. You get sent to jail if you violate it, it is HIS fault. I have no clue why the OP is trying to politicize this.

This has nothing to do with free speech, he violated his parole by getting on the internet. Being on parole is a privilege, if you choose not to follow the rules then you get put back in a cage. I might feel bad for the guy if he committed victimless crimes, but that isn't the case. He helped commit identify theft and stole money.

edit on 24-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thank you!! Blaming this video which existed on youtube for months prior to 9/11/12 was very convenient for those looking to skirt around accountability with the administration. Now, the wheels are falling off the bus and all those involved cannot run fast enough...

I guess you're forgetting that the video was shown on TV in Egypt prior to the attack on the Egyptian consulate. The protests in Egypt were started over the movie.

Roughly 2000 Salafist activists answered a call on Tuesday by Wesam Abdel-Wareth, a Salafist leader and president of Egypt's Hekma television channel, to protest 'Muhammad's Trial' – a US-made film which, critics say, insults Islam's Prophet Mohammed – at 5pm in front of the US embassy in Cairo.

english.ahram.org.eg...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere

There is a difference between supporting his hatred, and supporting his right to believe as he wishes. If he wants to dislike or hate someone that is up to him, so long as he does not violate the law.

The problem, is that he did violate the law (terms of his probation), and so has to go back to jail. The court date is suspect, him being in jail is not. As much as I despise Obama this is a non-issue.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I don't condone or support his 'film' if you want to call it a film, it's clearly an amateur piece of garbage but I wouldn't be surprised if someone commissioned him to make it, I hope they thoroughly investigate this, I've researched it a bit and have been able to track the video to a low budget Los Angeles self proclaimed film company, maybe he's the CEO of the company, don't know but as horrible as his video is I side with Youtube/Google, it's free speech that is being trampled on, the man should have never been arrested, he didn't technically break any laws, I'd like to see the charges which they are charging him on.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Been talking about it here. Well, here meaning home, lol. Serious topic, and interesting how fast they picked this guy up, and with NO evidence, from what I have read. His asking for protection because the idiot media plastered his face and location all over isn't exactly evidence of a crime.

Of course, that video, meaning the trailer, since NO ONE seems to have seen a whole movie, had nothing to do with that attack. Everything indicates they (the White House) knew it was terrorists while it was going on, that they refused to send additional security before, and didn't send help that night. Then they lied about it. I can't think of very many reasons for that behavior. First thing I thought, when hearing about it, was that our people there were set up. The more we hear, the more that idea fits.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Actually, it has not been proven that he used any computers for this movie, or what level of involvement he had. His parole stated that he could not use computers, and the ONLY reason he's in jail is because he said he had some minor involvement in this trailer, though he did not state that he used computers. They tossed him in jail because they wanted to blame this video for the consulate attack, when there is NO evidence that the attack was anything but a planned terrorist event.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere

I don't see why anyone is so up in arms about a video. The man has freedom of speech. He has every right to state his opinion, and I am getting pretty sick of people wanting to make certain groups protected. Especially when some of those groups are very intolerant of others, and violent. This guy did not admit to using the internet, only to being involved, in a minor way, with this video. Then the POTUS lies and blames said video, this man gets death threats and tossed in jail. I don't understand why anyone would not defend his rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join