It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Human race could look like in 3012 OMG!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
"“Our bodies were designed for eating less " !
no way.
have you seen the fat people?
we will still have round people.
and verry tall people.
they chose what they wont.

tho the over eaters could be make to just sh ? it out,
and not have the bodie use it.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FeelingPure

Good predictions, to bad we won't be around to find out

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
So humans will look like big, ugly, REALLY dumb, hunchback babies with wrinkles?

Jeez, evolution sucks. I hope they don't have mirrors in the future.

...at least we won't have selfies anymore.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP
So humans will look like big, ugly, REALLY dumb, hunchback babies with wrinkles?

Jeez, evolution sucks. I hope they don't have mirrors in the future.

...at least we won't have selfies anymore.

Nah, the person who wrote that article has a fundamental misunderstanding about evolution. If typing on keyboards does not give an advantage over another when passing down genes it will be irrelevant to evolution. We don't just adapt to things we do in our daily routine on the genetic level. Spending my whole life typing won't make my kids have longer fingers, just like spending my whole life dancing won't make my kid a good dancer. If one of those 2 things becomes the key to survival (which is doubtful) then we could evolve toward that, but as things are now, that is pure sillyness.

Nobody's turning into a monster looking species in a mere 30,000 years. Humans have been here 200,000+ and no changes of that magnitude have happened. We aren't going to evolve to make typing and computer usage easier unless it is necessary to survive, and it's not. The biggest mechanism to survival is intelligence and sex appeal. Sexual selection plays a bigger role in human society than any other type of selection. Unless females find those hunchback long finger characteristics sexy, they will not emerge. Most humans pass down genes in their 20s, so anything that happens after that means nothing to evolution.
edit on 2-10-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This could never happend in only 1000 years... Perhaps in 20000...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
some ancient egyptian art is older than five thousand years, there is even more art that is older than that. sumerian art comes to mind.
point i'm trying to make, other than the stylize art, if you look at the deceptions of humans they pretty much look like we do now.

some maybe crude in the design and lack the sophistication of the greats , but the form and shape are the same and there are some that from that time that looks just like us.

point is, if we are to become what is in the OP in just over a thousand years, and if evolution works the way science says it does, and we are as old as it says.

art from that time should show a very big difference from us now and we should look more like the description given in the op.

yea, i know that some of the more dogmatic scientific types are gonna slam me for that simplest view but sometimes it is just that simple.
edit on 16-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I read a similar article years ago but they said our brains would get bigger not smaller. If you look at our evolution from apes it seems to confirm this. If anything we will become more attractive not less attractive as this just seems to be the trend.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think this is intended as a joke.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FeelingPure
Click here to see the pic: www.thesun.co.uk...
EVOLUTION has changed our bodies and faces over thousands of years — and it’s still happening.

Here’s how leading anatomical experts predict our descendants will differ physically from us in 1,000 years from now.

- We’ll be TALLER at 6-7ft because of improved nutrition and medical science. Osteopath Garry Trainer, from north London, says: “The average American is about one inch taller than in 1960.”

- Our INTESTINES will get shorter so we don’t absorb as much fat and sugar — a natural way of avoiding obesity, says dentist Dr Philip Stemmer.

- If male fertility declines further, there will be SMALLER TESTICLES (tough luck, chaps).

- Our most used extremities will change dramatically. ARMS AND FINGERS get longer to reduce the need to reach too far and nerve endings in hands and fingers will increase because of the greater use of devices such as iPhones that need complex eye-hand coordination.

- We’ll have SMALLER BRAINS, maybe because so much memorising and thinking is done by our computers. “Science fiction images show humans of the future with huge brains but big brains are not necessarily the best,” says Chris Stringer, from the Natural History Museum.

- There will be LARGE EYES to compensate for smaller mouths. Cary Cooper, of Lancaster University, explains: “Communication will rely on facial expressions and eye movements.”

- Dentist Dr Stemmer also thinks there could be FEWER TEETH as softer food needs less chewing and biting. He says: “We could even get our nutrition from liquids or pills in the future, which could mean less teeth and receded jaws.”

- Expect people to have QUADRUPLE CHINS. “Our bodies were designed for eating less and using more energy than a modern lifestyle requires,” says Rajiv Grover, a consultant plastic surgeon.

We can expect other dramatic changes too.

- Everyone will have the same shape of NOSE because climate is having less influence on broad or narrow hooters thanks to air conditioning and central heating.

- Central heating and warm clothing means we’ll be LESS HAIRY but there’ll be more WRINKLES as a result of peering at our electronic devices.

We could end up with saggy turkey necks too because extra sun will cause loose skin and baggy eyelids. And there will be darker skin as people move around the planet and races mix.

Your Thoughts?

Future?

That looks like the average inhabitant of my local council estate or Millwall supporter

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
Nah, the person who wrote that article has a fundamental misunderstanding about evolution.

Source: The Sun. 'Nuff said!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Extrapolating from a fluff piece in The Sun tabloid newspaper never bodes well.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkhorserider
reply to post by FeelingPure

Good God! There weren't be any humans, because nobody will want to reproduce with that!

Lol that's for sure! Can you imagine someone like that modeling for victoria's secret?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Evolution can occur rapidly in drastically changed environments. What that means for us, with our technology drastically changing our environment? ???

Not that this article is factual. But did it make any of you think? And did anyone go look up any facts behind the way evolution works? If so, then it was a good read. And you would have come across punctuated equilibrium

Has it been typical that a species within the genus homo has physically changed over a 1000 year period since we first graced the earth? Nope. But then this computer I am typing on is pretty atypical.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

You can't be serious... We still #ed eachother when we were neanderthals.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perceiver
a reply to: TWILITE22

You can't be serious... We still #ed eachother when we were neanderthals.

Well it's possible we could become hermaphridites and then eff ourselves

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join