It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Human race could look like in 3012 OMG!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Smaller brains, more wrinkles and fewer teeth?

For a minute I thought I was reading a description of a Republican

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

Let's start flapping our arms every chance we get so we can evolve into a winged species in a few thousand years.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Me in five years.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure
Click here to see the pic: www.thesun.co.uk...

Your Thoughts?
edit on 24-10-2012 by FeelingPure because: (no reason given)

I ROFLMAO when i saw the pictures. What a pseudo science piece.

reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I agree with that, and you get a star for Idiocracy reference, I love that movie, and it's scary because it seems it's where we are heading.

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
Me in five years.

Awesome sense of humor!
edit on 24-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: cut down on huge quote

edit on 24-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: squeezing stuff in.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The future is here already in Kentucky.
I see them every once in awhile.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

and IQ raised 10 points every decade in the last century, by IMPROVED LIVING CONDITIONS FOR THE MAJORITY.

So.... you are saying that 100 years ago, we all had an average IQ of *ZERO*?

(Second)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

So in other words, we will revert back to giant apes.
Don't tell me small brains are better than large ones.
If this is the future of humanity, glad I won't be around to see it.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If you look at the Greys, they nearly resemble the picture (minus the head). We may have learned to time travel in the future and we are seeing ourselves in the future when we have close encounters of third kind.

One thing that strikes me...."We’ll have SMALLER BRAINS, maybe because so much memorising and thinking is done by our computers. “Science fiction images show humans of the future with huge brains but big brains are not necessarily the best,” says Chris Stringer, from the Natural History Museum."

Someone has to keep the technology going. There will have to be smart people to continue the tech. Maybe our brains will shrink, but work more efficiently. The size of the brain does not matter. It's the wiring that counts

We might get ugly, but I truly think we will get smarter. Who knows, when we get there we might think we are sexy then and look back at our time and say...yuck...we were ugly then!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Looks like nonsense to me. The top anatomical experts came to this conclusion? That's not nearly enough experts to even begin predicting what humans will look or act like in 1000 years. They're excluding the primary factor that influences and alters evolution -- technology. We're just on the verge of a nanotechnology age that will open up even more fields and possibilities; considering the distance we've come in a matter of decades, 1000 years from now I think it's safe to say you could be literally anything or anyone. Whether biologically via manipulation of genetics, or in the digital realm. Perhaps even something else we haven't conceived of yet.

That image & the article is just embarrassing....

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
My god there are some stupid posts on ats its just incredible how much crap and specul;ation is promoted here.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
So we are going to be lanky bald and have bad teeth huh...well. who could possibly argue with that. How could we not. Indeed everything points to that exact outcome without a doubt. Hideous troll creatures....better get started on that genetic modification huh? Can't let that happen. My golly. It is a wonder how we survived so long without human genetic manipulation.

To think that we could already be hideous lanky trolls, all this time evolving into sentient beings, on the perilous edge of deformity we have carelessly made our nest.

Please science, save us.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The source.... it is not that reliable
That is a LOT of change in 1000 years, given we are not that different than humans a thousand years back.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
3012?, half I see look like that now only more obese.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

If I am correct in that they were human time travelers, they dressed in black military uniforms. They were both male and female, looked just like we do. Healthy, trim, normal.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Nope... its a democrat - read further "smaller balls".

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
OMG look how small his weeny is!!!

The smaller brain doesn't make sense...good nutrition that would make us 6'7:" would also allow our brains to grow. Our brains were actually bigger before farming. The caveman diet was better for our brains than framing diet, so having less to remember mean nothing.

If anything our brains will be so stimulated it will be crazy...think of direct implants from computers to our brains...grafted organic brains and memory cells...etc.

We will have long past evolution as the means of change. I think we will see basically perfict humans wilh perfict hair, teeth, 200 IQ, never get fat, live to 200, never get sick, 2 times stronger faster etc...
edit on 25-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by muse7

Nope... its a democrat - read further "smaller balls".

Can't be a democrat either...they don't have any...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

This paper is a best seller in the UK? WHAT? Is it like US 'Sun' and 'Enquirer'? If so then some of you take things a little too seriously. I thought it was conman knowledge that those papers were not actually newspapers but entertainment?

If it bothers people I'd say move it to Chit-Chat.

I love it!! I think this is a GREAT part of ATS. NO ONE KNOWS what we will look like, but it's fun to think about it, and intesting hear what you all think about it too.

So about these 'grays'.... I know what you mean when you say that...I can visualize it. Are they and would we actually be the color gray? Why? What's gonna make us gray?

And Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....I'm sure if we took our pics back in time eventually we would be laughed at!!! "GRUNT where hair GRUNT? Look like ugly naked cat GRUNT!!!"

I like your post. Stop being so serious all the time folks!

edit on 25-10-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
Sounds like we are evolving into grays.

But... what I take from that is that reporting sightings might now start to look like time travellers.... not aliens.
2nd

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I'm sorry, and I seriously hope this is a joke, because this is complete crap. First of all, it's the Sun, and second of all most of the stuff about evolution was completely wrong.

Our most used extremities will change dramatically. ARMS AND FINGERS get longer to reduce the need to reach too far and nerve endings in hands and fingers will increase because of the greater use of devices such as iPhones that need complex eye-hand coordination.

We evolve based on natural selection, gene flow, genetic drift, and mutation; stuff like that. We wouldn't have evolved those long fingers unless for some reason more humans started mating people that had longer fingers. The part about digestion was somewhat plausible, but most of these are laughable. The wrinkles, because of "peering into our electronic devices?" No way lol. Evolution does not involve acquired traits, only genetically acquired things... Mutations and simple physical traits.

Edit to add: Oh, and only 1000 years for all this to happen? No way! Imagine 1000 years BEFORE 2012; 1012. How different were humans genetically and physically from before? Much more diverse, yes, but not very different from humans today. Think about it! Evolution takes hundreds of thousands, if not millions of years.

I hate the Sun so much haha.
edit on 25/10/2012 by Evan_Dood because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join