It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Human race could look like in 3012 OMG!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wow...two pages of replies to a post whose only source is The Sun.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

We don't use all of our brain so assuming a smaller brain would make us dumber does not make sense.

Couldn't we have a smaller brain but use allot more of it and actually be a little smarter???

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
lol lmfao! and no wonder the human race will look like this in a 1000 years with all the chemicals they keep poisoning us with!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You failed to mention genetic engineering and augmentation.
The posture is terrible (hunch backs seriously?)

If you want to know what we look like in the future, simply look at a grey. That is it, that is all, our evolution progresses towards that, whether we alter ourselves or not, eventually we will become them, because they are us, not humans by name of course, but of similar design imagine being able to study your ancestors, and alter their course of evolution.

We are grey, our descendants are grey, our future is grey. (not morally grey lol)
edit on 24-10-2012 by Anthony1138 because: Because i said so

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

Incorrect, despite popular theory of only using 10% (which is bogus used by people to claim in extrasensory powers)
We actually use 100% of our brains, sorry if nobody likes the truth but thats simply how it is.

However if we mix ourselves with machines (biologically synthetic tech) could be used as storage for memory, thus retaining the large cranium (if said tech was made according to natural biology, would be a logical standpoint)

As i said in another post, we are totally going to look like the scifi aliens Known as grey

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
One thousand years isn't nearly long enough for evolution to make any of the startling changes predicted. We'll get taller due to nutrition, live longer due to medicine, assuming that technology continues advancing at the rate it has been. A thousand years is the blink of an eye in evolutionary terms - next to nothing, really.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
gross so effin gross i weep for the furture. a hole entier species ruined by convience and hobbled by technology. gross gross gross

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

I agree that we DO NOT only use 10% of our brain.

I do think that our brain is capable of much more than we are using it for but our enviroment, chemicals, radiation etc.... keep us from our full capacity.

Do you personally feel that each and every person is using their brain to the fullest capacity?

Do you personally feel that our brain is capable of performing more if the items listed above were altered?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
reply to post by antar

Could you describe how those time travellers looked then?

Only on ATS could this question be posed earnestly

Originally posted by Jimbowsk
The kind of people that read The Sun will probably end up looking like that.

I wouldn't use that newspaper to wipe my rear end, must this thread turn into a spurious 50 page epic off the back of this article?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Total nonsense. There's none whatsoever selection going on for e.g. shorter intestines or longer fingers, i.e. the length of people's intestines and fingers is totally irrelevant to how many babies they're are having, thus the current relevant allele frequencies will remain more-or-less as are and there will be no change.

One thing that might happen, is that mankind will be a little bit dumber in average. In the current climate, it seems like the most intelligent people are far more interested in their work than making babies, i.e. 'less intelligent' people make far more babies in average, and thus, these alleles are becoming more common at the expense of the other alleles. Maybe Idiocracy isn't that far off..
edit on 24-10-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
This really SUCKS....

I was totally hoping we would have bigger balls...j/k

It looks like we will evolve into Tall Greys but we can't predict what will happen with technology of the future so what we are seeing is basically a guess of what we would look like if things stayed as they are today and the path we are on today.

At the rate we are going in my opinion is we will look far more "Mutant" due to the amount of radiation that is being spread around the planet and if we continue to use nuclear energy it is only a matter of time before something NASTY happens.
edit on 24-10-2012 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

i was thinking the description was talking about greys too. big eyes, long arms, long fingers few teeth.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
Total nonsense. There's none whatsoever selection going on for e.g. shorter intestines or longer fingers, i.e. the length of people's intestines and fingers is totally irrelevant to how many babies they're are having, thus the current relevant allele frequencies will remain more-or-less as are and there will be no change.

One thing that might happen, is that mankind will be a little bit dumber in average. In the current climate, it seems like the most intelligent people are far more interested in their work than making babies, i.e. 'less intelligent' people make far more babies in average, and thus, these alleles are becoming more common at the expense of the other alleles..
edit on 24-10-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

S4U

As it was only a 3 page thread, I had decided to read to the end before asking how this idiocy was being selected for. you beat me to it.

Heres the problem tho'. The Sun is the biggest selling newspaper in the UK, Its readership (loosly, I think most of the buyers only do so to draw mustaches on the pictures) now believe actions drive evolution, they believe that a giraffe has a long neck BECAUSE it reaches into trees to eat, and our thumbs will get bigger from using smart phones and games consoles. Lamarkian evolution!

And then, they'll come on here and argue about the rights/wrongs of evolution based on what they read in the Sun.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This is so not right. To much other influence's, what about art, music, love, sports, and well yeah physical attraction.
This is just a very bad prediction....
there is some fun photos from c. 1900
About how they thought the year 2000 would be.
www.historum.com...

just for lolz.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yea right we will look the same as we do now...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Wow, that article is a load of science fiction, I'd expect humans to look more Grey-ish personally, bigger brains, the exact opposite that this article suggests, funny pic though, looks like uncle fester a bit

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
we're not very different from the humans of 1012 are we ?

taller, yeah, but bigger brains ? smaller brains ?

amatuerish

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure

Click here to see the pic:

www.thesun.co.uk...
EVOLUTION has changed our bodies and faces over thousands of years — and it’s still happening.

Here’s how leading anatomical experts predict our descendants will differ physically from us in 1,000 years from now.

Your Thoughts?

My thoughts?

That I`ve now lost complete confidence in leading anatomical experts.These guys weren`t just your everyday run of the mill experts,they were the super dooper hyper dandy"leading" type experts,the ones that the normal experts are sacked for not bowing in their presence whilst repeating "we`re not worthy" of your anatomical insight and knowledge.Thanks for the laugh Sun news.

Is it April the first already?

edit on 24-10-2012 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191
reply to post by FeelingPure

Eww..That is not a very flattering look...whatsoever!
Smaller brains, balls, less teeth? Eek!
I hope we go on to look better, not worse. The way civilization is going you never know though.
You'd think natural selection would help us out a little here!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you look back at the Neanderthal man, we might agree they are not the most attractive in the world.... The future people of mankind may look back at us and say how ugly WE are.

Natural selection does not care about cosmetics anyway, it cares about survival.... And if we need turkey necks and giant eyes to survive, that is what will happen.

We don't look the way we do right now, because we find it pretty....

But if it is any help, the sun is a pretty bogus website/source. So, chances are, the claims made in that article are flat out wrong. We probably wont evolve to look the way this Sun article suggests. Besides, evolution takes much much MUCH longer than 1000 years. Chances are, in 1000 years, we will probably still look about like we do, right now.

edit on 24-10-2012 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

Originally posted by FeelingPure

The crap that appears in the Sun is beyond a joke.

How about with 'contamination in water causes feminization throughout the world. Now everyone, both male and female can show their boobs on Page 3 of the Sun'.

When people believe "The Sun", I think it's time to leave ATS.
People need more common sense skills.
PLUS - We aren't going to physically evolve noticeably in 1,000 years! Did people look different in 1012 a.d.???

Unbelievable...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

That's just sad, man the chicks will be ugly. Ewwwwww. I don't think we'll change that much at all, a thousand years is nothing in the scheme of time. But as far as what the educational system is doing to future generations, I think we have to look forward to IDIOCRACY! Not the movie, the real ef'ing thing if GW Bush, Romney and Obama are any indication of future trending.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join