It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Threats to Riot/Assassinate Romney if elected/Voter Intimidation in Fla, where is the outcry?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
A few days before election day 2008, Barack Obama said he was "four days away from fundamentally transforming America".

I am somewhat convinced this "transformation" has been with regards to a certain mindset.
The same mindset that believes Joe Biden's laugh'o'rama during the Veep debate was not obnoxious and condescending, is the same mindset that believes it's ok to assassinate Romney.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
A few days before election day 2008, Barack Obama said he was "four days away from fundamentally transforming America".

I am somewhat convinced this "transformation" has been with regards to a certain mindset.
The same mindset that believes Joe Biden's laugh'o'rama during the Veep debate was not obnoxious and condescending, is the same mindset that believes it's ok to assassinate Romney.

absolutely , its clear the mindset has changed........it just seems to me that now it seems acceptable if its happening from one side (lack of coverage and downplaying) and a travesty if it is from the other( just look at the massive media play about accusaitions on bain capital and voter machines even tho theres not been anything linked to the fraud)

Mean while the left spills over themselves trying to bash Tagg for an offhand comment, and Mitt for his comments on a notebook full of women (ill admit i chuckled)

While on the other side all this other crap is going on and therse not a peep.......

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Honestly?

The only rioting will be taking place on the set of MSNBC.

My humble opinion.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Do I have to say it? This is why it is because we are all so ingrained with being politically correct. The reason why nothing is being said is because of race.

It's 2012 people, and this crappola still exists:

topics.nytimes.com... opics/subjects/a/affirmative_action/index.html

Affirmative action programs use racial, or occasionally gender, preferences to serve two main goals — to offset the effects of centuries of racial (or gender) injustice, and to increase diversity in a student population or work force. Proponents of affirmative action, which began during World War II, point to a legacy of tangible successes, including a revolution in recruiting and hiring. But it has caused persistent resentment and failed to eliminate poverty or racism and has been the subject of decades of litigation.

Never again will we live in a society where it's the best man for the job, or the most qualified student....etc....

We are so politically backwards we become numb.

That's why there is no outrage!
edit on 24-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

So are you really trying to say that disagreeing with you on Biden's debate performance perpetuates the same mentality that approves of a Romney assassination?

Seriously?

Romney has said that he wants to "fundamentally change America's tax code".

I am somewhat convinced that "change" has been with regards to a certain mindset.
The same mindset that believes Romney's lie-o-rama during the presidential debate was truth and not condescending, is the same mindset that believes it's ok to release sharks in the kiddee pool in the middle of August!

See how completely moronic that is and how that line of thinking derails common sense?

It would be funny if it weren't for the millions of people that actually think like that. It's sad really.

link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Honestly?

The only rioting will be taking place on the set of MSNBC.

My humble opinion.

welll lets hope so.........the first channel im turning to will have a still of chris matthews face......

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Only the foolish of this herd will follow this type of ignorance and riot or attack any so I wouldn't worry too much about it. And those foolish are usually followers so again not a strong amount of energy from those who would behave ignorantly due to who won. Most are just concerned with who will continue to keep the country sustained or who will plunge it deeper into the financial war based hole it has fell into and has been climbing out of. So with that its always cool to be cautious and alert of your surroundings but dont allow the foolishness of a few of this herd install any fear within you.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
NAMASTE

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I can explain you why there is no outcry about the recent threats. It's because it would be dangerous to broadcast such a message in the media. There is a lot of people out there that should not get the wrong ideas. I believe some people refers to them as ticking bombs. The reason the threats about Obama was taken so seriously was that it was a very public person making references to such an event. The message was being broadcasted in national media. Television even. It was had to be stopped with a counter-measure.

I'm not saying that this does not need to be stopped. I am pretty confident that Secret Service is doing all in their power to stop it. Because this is NOT free speech! Saying that somebody should be killed is not protected by free speech. Inciting violence towards individuals is illegal. But, because the message was not repeated by major networks, it would bring more damage than harm to handle this though the mass-media channels like in Obama's case. If you want to do something, report every tweet hinting about presidential assassinations.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nidstav
I can explain you why there is no outcry about the recent threats. It's because it would be dangerous to broadcast such a message in the media. There is a lot of people out there that should not get the wrong ideas. I believe some people refers to them as ticking bombs. The reason the threats about Obama was taken so seriously was that it was a very public person making references to such an event. The message was being broadcasted in national media. Television even. It was had to be stopped with a counter-measure.

I'm not saying that this does not need to be stopped. I am pretty confident that Secret Service is doing all in their power to stop it. Because this is NOT free speech! Saying that somebody should be killed is not protected by free speech. Inciting violence towards individuals is illegal. But, because the message was not repeated by major networks, it would bring more damage than harm to handle this though the mass-media channels like in Obama's case. If you want to do something, report every tweet hinting about presidential assassinations.

tho i do understand what youre saying.......I dont agree with it......

Twitter and Facebook and other forms ARE media......infact in a lot of cases they get out to MORE people.....

Occupy wallstreet ring a bell? Arab Spring? Iran protests.........all done through facebook and twitter......

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There is no outcry because any time anyone say's anything about black people it's racist. I'l call it like it is..These idiotic moronic douchebags that say this s**t are nothing but ignorant minded, savage, racist animals. Black people are some of the most racist people on the planet. Anyone that does any research into this will plainly figure it out.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Wow, just love your originality.
BTW, trying to "quote" a phrase Romney never said is downright lying, but I'll humor you anyway.
The transformation of any tax code can always be changed and corrected, if need be, with no permanent harm.
Inconvenienced perhaps, but no permanent harm.
The transformation of a country, however, cannot.
Same goes for it's culture.

But if it's lies you want to talk about, then let's discuss the Benghazi emails and who DID know when they originally said they didn't.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You cant expect any investigation into any anti Romney threats. Remember who the AG is?
Holder even dismissed any charges against the New Black Panthers for intimidating voters outside of
polling places in 08

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Oh for effs sake!!! If we are going to arrest folks for tweeting stupid SH*& half the country would be in jail!!

TWEETING??? Are you kidding me???

Stupid "TWEETS"

vs.

Leader of Army Plot to Assassinate Obama Apparently Attended the 2008 Republican Convention as a Page
gawker.com...

Student held in bomb plot 'planned to kill Obama'
www.dnaindia.com...

Shots fired at the Whitehouse? The yohels with a hotel room full of guns at the Democratic Convention...

Too many to list...there is actually a Wiki page full of Plots and Attempts to kill Obama..
en.wikipedia.org...

VS.

TWEETS??????????

God let the BS be over soon. Please November...hurry.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
tweets ? this is about tweets ?

good lord

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I do apologize. I put the "" in the wrong spot. It was supposed to be around the word "change", as it is in the following paragraph. I take full responsibility for that error.

That being said, you completely missed the point I was making. I was not arguing the effect of each candidates ideology. I was commenting on the line of thinking you projected in your post and how intellectually dishonest it is.

That was a politically divisive statement with purpose of connecting Obama supporters with the same mindset it takes to support the assassination of another person.

Forgive me if I find that to be humorous!

I love language and propaganda and that was a pretty good example of how to connect something mundane to the extreme for personal political purposes.

Be proud.....you are now a propagandist. Your Mother would be proud!

edit on 24-10-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Ok I got it, but it is indeed the same mindset.
Obviously to a much lesser degree, but it is a subset of the same way of thinking.
It stems from the "life is cheap" mentality, the same mentality that says it's ok to kill an unborn child, while considering it a form of birth control.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The good news is Romney is going to lose!

Obama is ahead in the states he needs -

Romney supports should leave the country or buy a costco sized bag
Of diapers for the bitch fest they are going to unleash.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
From the looks of the thread it looks like y'all already
Need those diapers.

You're already crying out there.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Sigh because every politician gets death threats and it's not really news? Only when it comes from a GROUP of people like an establishment like the KKK is it news ( because the KKK is reknown for violence)... Now let's say that if romney gets elected then the westboro baptist have threatened to terminate him... then you'd have a story..

but every election year you will find the loonies out in force.. it doesn't make it a story.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join