It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wins Nickelodeon’s online ‘Kids Pick the President’ vote-kids wrong only once since '88

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I actually was watching tv the other night and saw the results on Nickelodeon. It thought it was fascinating.

Nickelodeon’s Linda Ellerbee said Monday that the president captured 65 percent of the vote to beat Republican Mitt Romney in the network’s “Kids Pick the President” vote. More than 520,000 people cast online ballots through the children’s network’s website over one week earlier this month.

OBama wins Nickleodeon kids vote for 2nd term
edit on 24-10-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Yeaahhhhhh Right 520,000 people that cast votes were kids, Linda Ellerbee is a Obama supporter, Mitt romney was invited to give a small speech for Nickelodeon but never turned up because how hard linda supports obama.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

Strange how politics work, eh? You don't show up for stuff and folks don't vote for you. You screw up a debate and folks vote for the other person.

Regardless of the outcome just remember your actions or non-actions play a huge part in the outcome of many events.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Very interesting...I am wondering if the children are mirroring the choice for President that their parents have made.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Probably so or just the fact maybe that the president has children in their age group that they can share some affinity with and maybe that is affecting their choice for president. There are many things that would go into their making a decision, so good observation.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Did they also get the Obamaphone

2nd line.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Why wasnt Ronald McDonald on the ballot? Or Grimace?

Spongebob or if the candidate has to be a "real" person put Obama against one of the guys in Big Time Rush.

He wouldnt stand a chance.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I distinctly remember back in 1976 wanting Jimmy Carter to win and if I were old enough to vote I would have voted for him. I was 7 at the time. I talked to my parents about it, they didn't want him to win. I'm not certain this a direct reflection of their parents beliefs. Children don't always just pick whomever their parents do, I guess is the point I'm trying to make.

As an adult, I would probably not vote for Carter. Weird how some things change as you grow older. As far as a good indication on whether this is a forebearing of the official election, I believe it probably gives a pretty good indication of who is going to win. I know this contradicts what I wrote above, only because I'm one person and was only one child. I guess we'll see. All depends on who actually goes to the polls and casts a vote.

ETA: My reason for wanting Carter to win was he seemed like a nice man and a gentle soul. It really had nothing to do with politics or policy.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Baldryck because: see above

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Obama is definitely "cooler", most kids are likely to prefer him.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Jaellma

Very interesting...I am wondering if the children are mirroring the choice for President that their parents have made.

I think it's more of a case of exposure. The kids would see more of Obama as he's the sitting Prez.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Romney was right we need to yank funding from Nickelodeon.

Wait it wasn't Nickelodeon, it was PBS.

new topics

top topics

join