It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Just Rocks, mmmmm?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hi all ATS,

Hope your all good in these crazy beautiful times!!

I came across this pic on facecrook the other day and saved it straight away. But, I can't remember who posted it and haven't been able to find it anywhere else or any more info on it.. So, it's a bit of a grey area.. Which is where you gorgeous lot come in. Has anybody seen it before, can anybody shed any light on it??

If it is from Mars and it's legit, then it makes for a very interesting pic!

If it's not legit,,, then, quite simply,, bollocks!... i hope you enjoy it anyways!!

Without any further a-do, I would like to put the picture to the public..

So what do you think? Mars,rocks, grisly bear, silver back gorilla,, or a mixture of all three??
edit on 24/10/12 by WHOS READY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Light emphasizing a peculiar rock's shape.
2nd

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

Excellent gorilla picture! Seriously, I don't know a thing about this, but it does look like a gorilla... yeah, obviously a rock, but a cool effect.
edit on 10/24/2012 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It looks more like a gorilla

What if mars was like earth but taken over by apes & the story of planet of the apes was true?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Looks like a Coke bottle, with it's cap pointing
towards the cam. A huge bottle too. Prolly big
martians then eh.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Something just looks off to me. I don't know why, but i'm going to say that I feel the "gorilla" was added in post. It looks off compared to the rest of the image, the detail just doesn't feel right.

Only my opinion of course, who am I to question the validity of random unsourced images from facebook.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Yes it is from Mars - its was first posted back in March 2010 and is a genuine, albeit freaky, image.............

This amazing picture of the Martian landscape has got alien hunters excited about the possibility that it shows a silverback gorilla striking a pose on the Martian surface. The image was taken by the Mars Spirit Rover in the Gusev crater, a crater over 100 miles in diameter that is thought to have once been a lake filled with liquid water.

It's one of several images taken by Spirit that appear to show a gorilla knuckle-walking across the surface of the Red Planet. Online sites devoted to searching through pictures of Mars for signs of life have long pointed to the picture as an example of an 'anomaly' that suggests Martian life.

Some exobiology enthusiasts have gone as far as speculating that the dark object to the left of the gorilla could be another ape-like creature, the two facing off against each other in an extraterrestrial ape fight. There's even a YouTube video. Read more: www.metro.co.uk...

Metro.co.uk
edit on 24-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Moon Bears!!! RUn!!!

uhh Mars Bears!!! RUn!!!
edit on 24-10-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Narnia?

Honestly reminds me of the talking lion for some reason. Maybe the wardrobe is a portal to Mars >.<

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

why obviously a rock???

it has shape like a gorilla and it doesn't have the texture of a rock.. could it be a rock ape??

thanx for the reply anyways!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

it defo does look more like a gorilla doesn't it..?

i'd be inclined to go with the idea that mars doesn't have the type of atmosphere we've been led to believe, [possibly going through the stages of recovery?] and some non-intelligent life forms have survived what ever the planet went through many moons ago!!?

fingers crossed we find out these answers through our apocalypse/unveiling of hidden truths!!

thanx!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Well I wouldn't say 100% a rock, but it's more than likely a rock I imagine.

Unless NASA are having a competition to hide aliens in plain sight this week. I guess we won't know unless multiple piccies show up. (Preferably from someone other than America I imagine)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

could it just be a case of you know where the pic is meant to have come from, your mind knows what its similar to but the slide reaction is automatically not letting you get past that, "no that isn't possible" thought process???

definitely a thought provoking image!

i almost didn't post it thinking it was a lost cause...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

and there was me thinking it was pointless posting a random unsourced image!!

thank you very much for your input,, its made my day!

you've definitely got some sublime craft going on haven't you!!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

thats just it,, it really doesn't look like a rock, but because of our/my programming a rock is the "only" reasonable conclusion!lol.

perhaps its one of the few images that fell through nasa's image control departments filter??

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I guess it could be a distant relative of this guy?

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Here's the original image.

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

And its less than 7 inches tall according to this article.

www.universetoday.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yes, it's a rock.

It was posted before (more than once, as usual) and in one of those threads I also posted that other photo that was taken close to the rock (you can see that the rover's tracks come from that direction).

It's a clear example of how our brains work.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

defo seeing the resemblance,, and you know what they say, truth is stranger than fiction!!..lol.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dcmb1409

dude i'm not seeing the rock monkey in the official pic..

but cheers anyways.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join