It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guilford Co. voters say ballot cast for Romney came up Obama on machine!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Hi.

I was looking at this morning headlines and saw this article.....

myfox8.com...

GREENSBORO, N.C. –The presidential election is just around the corner and voting issues have already become a problem in Guilford County. One of the voters, Sher Coromalis, says she cast her ballot for Governor Mitt Romney, but every time she entered her vote the machine defaulted to President Obama.

Obama is going to be your next president they have decided and there is nothing we can do to change it.

Marie Haydock, who also voted at the Bur-Mil Park polling location, had the same problem.

Guilford County Board of Elections Director George Gilbert says the problem arises every election. It can be resolved after the machine is re-calibrated by poll workers. Elections officials say the machines have been fixed as of Tuesday, and no problems have been reported since.

It may have been a glitch but......

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
What exactly is there to re-calibrate?

Schools have been feeding these bubble-in answer keys into far less sophisticated machines for decades now without issue.

Why is this so hard?

Answer: because lots of people (namely those who count the votes) want it to be.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Exactly.

Why wouldn't calibrate the machines before they put them on the floor?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Years back we used to monitor voting ballots in corrupt governments.I'm starting to think maybe we are the ones that need monitoring.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Crap! I live in Guilford County. Greensboro is my home town. If it's happening here, it's gonna happen everywhere. When we will learn our elections are all pretty much pre-determined way before we cast a ballot. I must say to login this a.m. and see my county on ATS and dealing with voter fraud, I was taken aback.

Off topic post: Greensboro is home to the Civil Rights Museum. It tells of the time when the folks in this town, pulled their collective heads out of the sand and started the process of civil rights for all people. Greensboro has ties to the Revolutionary War, it's name is from General Nathanel Greene.

Now we have a new place in the record books, voter fraud in the early voting process. It's all been hi-jacked folks, might as well do a write in for Mr. Paul. If you live here any amount of time, you'll call it Greensboring as we do. But that's how we like it.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Off topic post: Greensboro is home to the Civil Rights Museum. It tells of the time when the folks in this town, pulled their collective heads out of the sand and started the process of civil rights for all people. Greensboro has ties to the Revolutionary War, it's name is from General Nathanel Greene.

Wow how ironic is that? Thanks for the info. very interesting.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Wait a second...I thought the Romneys had control over the machines?

Ah, here it is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Machines can and will be tampered with, they'll have glitches, sometimes crash, etc, etc.

We need to go back to the pen and paper with bubbles to fill.

Besides, counting all that paper will put some people to work, if only temporary.

Heck, I'd count the votes just as my civic duty...and beer money.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Did you not know this about Greensboro? And where's the irony? I guess the irony is the fact we have so much racial tension? That's not going away anytime soonThey started it back then, I did not say it had been a success. It was a start.Here's a few more facts about our city. Did you know Charlton Heston was married in Greensboro back in the 40"s? He was married at the magistrates office, seems as he was stationed here in Greensboro during ww2. He married prior to being shipped over seas.

Greensboro had whats known as ORD or Overseas Relief Depot. It was the last place alot of men saw before going off to war and losing their lives. Out in east Greensboro off Bessemer Ave you'll see the remnants of ORD. From about HWY 29 east for about a mile you'll see the metal bulidings like on the Gomer Pile Show, the big metal huts . They lined all those side streets, rail line came right into the middle of it all.

Thousands of young men had Greensboro as the last place they were before going to war. Ronald McNair( first black astronaut) Killed in Challenger explosion in 86. From Greensboro.

edit on 24-10-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Isn't it funny, that when ever we hear of a machine having problems, that the DEMOCRAT is always the one who is selected?

HMMM.....

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
Isn't it funny, that when ever we hear of a machine having problems, that the DEMOCRAT is always the one who is selected?

HMMM.....

Plenty of complaints popped up during Bush v. Kerry complaining about Kerry votes being tossed Bushes way due to the machines.

They both cheat. None of us have ever voted in an honest election. Ever.
edit on 24-10-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This is what happens when to machine rigging is outsourced. It doesn't cheat as expected.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Touchscreens are not perfect, just like any other electronic device. Touchsreens on slot machines constantly go out of calibration over time, and due to customer abuse. I really don't think that there is anything else going on in this case than this.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TC Mike

You're right they do need to be recalibrated after many hours. Don't you think the machines should have been calibrated prior to being used for a presidential election? I mean we're not talking about losing a quarter in the slot machine.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Here in Albemarle NC we do it the old fashioned way: fill in the bubbles. I did my duty the first day of early voting, since ill be in Atlantic City election day

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

If you gamble be sure to ask when the machine was last recalibrated.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by phantomjack

HMMM.....

Plenty of complaints popped up during Bush v. Kerry complaining about Kerry votes being tossed Bushes way due to the machines.

They both cheat. None of us have ever voted in an honest election. Ever.
edit on 24-10-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

Yeah I remember those complains with the infamous Diebold voting machines.
Problem was they didn't let outsider analyst review the source code of these machines.
They were closed systems, and no one knew for sure what happened with their vote once it was cast.

If we need to rely on technology to "facilitate" the voting process, it should be transparent all the way.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Did she try voting for Obama to see if it came up for Romney?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Same coin different face. It happened before it will happen again. Everyone in DC should be removed by force and used as an example for future politicians.

Edit to add: Just for fun here is this years elections.

Raist
edit on 10/24/12 by Raist because: edit to add the other video

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join