It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama know of this State Dept e-mail?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Fox News just released copy of a e-mail to the State department that shows that a terrorist organization take credit for the assignations of the Americans in Libya.
www.foxnews.com...

Quote from Fox news (www.foxnews.com/ )
"STATE DEPARTMENT EMAILS obtained by Fox News again challenge Obama administration claims they were in the dark about deadly Sept. 11 terror attack on consulate in Benghazi, Libya — including one email within hours of attack that specifically points to Al Qaeda-affiliated terror group Ansar al Sharia claiming responsibility."

The time shows that this was sent about two hours into the attack. Yet U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice, states," based on intelligence assessments", five days after the attack, that it was a "spontaneous" protest over an anti-Islam film.

edit on 24-10-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I don't know. Did Obama know? Base upon his statement in the Rose Garden following the incident, it seems that he knew. He called it what it was; an act of terror. However, an investigation still had to be done to make a final determination. Just because someone claims responsibility for an attack does not necessarily mean that they are the ones who actually carried it out. Some people/organizations are opportunistic and will stake claim to something just to get attention.

I fail to see how this email is relevant in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Though most of personal information is blacked out, it would have been damning evidence if [email protected] appeared on the sent to addresses

But since i cant see that, I will offer my opinion.

Bureaucracy is a pain for every institution, and being at the very top of the pyramid (president) you sometimes hear this stuff very late from its date of origin.

Now as to how all of Obama’s support staff was left unaware, I do not know if that is true or possible, but I will say there is most likely a very thorough set of checks and balances that messages such as this go through before its placed in the hands of upper level party memebers.

I have worked in a government environment before and memo's would sometimes take 2 weeks to reach my desk, grant it they were not on the same level of seriousness as the attacks in Libya.

edit on 24-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
I don't know. Did Obama know? Base upon his statement in the Rose Garden following the incident, it seems that he knew. He called it what it was; an act of terror. However, an investigation still had to be done to make a final determination. Just because someone claims responsibility for an attack does not necessarily mean that they are the ones who actually carried it out. Some people/organizations are opportunistic and will stake claim to something just to get attention .

I fail to see how this email is relevant in the grand scheme of things.

Yeeeeeah, and I'll bet you believed slick Willey too!

Opportunistic?? Four Americans are Dead!!!
Lest you forget, these are the Heroes that were murdered!

Something to get attention? You bet! Send Obama back to the golf course!
edit on 24-10-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Only two possibilities exist;

- He didn't know and he and his administration are incompetant
- He did know and directly misled the American public and made us look foolish and incompetant at the united nations and to the world.

Either one is UNFORGIVABLE.

He should be releived of his position via the election and if re-elected impeached.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
EOP.gov is

EOP.gov is a domain operated by the Executive Office of the President. WhiteHouse.gov is the public-facing website for the EOP.

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

It's patently ridiculous for anyone to assert the President didn't know, because if true, it would be an indication of incompetence on a scale never before seen in any previous White House.

It's far easier to believe they LIED for political gain. The President couldn't loose his foreign policy 'success' talk track. For me, it's that plain and simple.

Of course, much of the country doesn't care about this administration's misrepresentations. He can do no wrong, because as Geraldine Ferraro asserted nearly four years ago, people are drunk on the IDEA of Obama, not the actual man himself.

Disgusting.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

It's patently ridiculous for anyone to assert the President didn't know, because if true, it would be an indication of incompetence on a scale never before seen in any previous White House.
It's far easier to believe they LIED for political gain. The President couldn't loose his foreign policy 'success' talk track. For me, it's that plain and simple.
Of course, much of the country doesn't care about this administration's misrepresentations. He can do no wrong, because as Geraldine Ferraro asserted nearly four years ago, people are drunk on the IDEA of Obama, not the actual man himself.

Disgusting.

Agreed, his incompetence is only over shadowed by his arrogance.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Base upon his statement in the Rose Garden following the incident, it seems that he knew. He called it what it was; an act of terror.

We have been told repeatedly that his Rose Garden speech made it clear that he knew that this was a terrorist attack.

So while his subordinates (including the White House spokesman, Jay Carney) were spouting off for two weeks about it being a 'demonstration' against a Youtube video....

Why did he sit idly by and NOT correct this total mischaracterization of the incident by his own people in public statements for two weeks???
edit on 24-10-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Let's look at the email and see what information it would give Obama. The only thing it does it says that a group has "claimed" responsibility on facebook and twitter, not that this has been confirmed by any intelligence agency.

What exactly did you guys want Obama to do with this information? Go out and claim that this group was responsible because he saw it on facebook?

I really think people are trying to make this way more important than it is. All this does is back up Obama's approach to this and that was to call it an act of terror and say they are continuing to investigate who was responsible and what caused it.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This article is interesting on CNN and its lies. There is a video clip within the article with respect to the Egyptian Riots. No surprises if the same was done with the Benghazi riots.
LINK

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
What exactly did you guys want Obama to do with this information? Go out and claim that this group was responsible because he saw it on facebook?
For a change, act like a president and seek further investigation/action/clarification on this particular incident. At the least, he should inform the american public about a possible link to the particular terror organization and that the committee is investigating the issue.

All this does is back up Obama's approach to this and that was to call it an act of terror and say they are continuing to investigate who was responsible and what caused it.
Wow. You definitely are a true liberal. After what? 2 plus weeks?

I really think people are trying to make this way more important than it is.
Do you think the coverup has/had anything to do with his primary focus of winning the next election and dedicating the time towards campaign instead of crisis situation overseas with one of the embassy? And that possibly pointing the finger to the secretary of state to score/preserve some election votes? Wake up and smell the politics please.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I would bet that Obama knew of this email, but what does this email prove? Unfortunately, nothing.

All this shows is that the Embassy knew of Facebook posts and Twitter comments.

Now do we really expect the President of the US to act on information from Facebook and Twitter, without confirming the information from REAL reliable sources?

So I don't understand what purpose this email serves and it is intellectually dishonest to make any claim against any president from such information.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It is obvious that Mr Obama acted on the idea and certainty of the Benghazi attack being a result of an obscure video... he and hillary even bought time and presented an ad in Pakistan to say as much, Obama and staff.. they are in the same White House and have phones... maintained for days...weeks... that it was the result of a video. No otherr consideration was given as much credence as a video.

Now we are to believe that they hesitated on calling it a terror attack because it was under investigation?

wait... he stated it was one thing and now we find it is another. We also find that he knew it was the other. We have proof it was the other... so...

When you know... suspect... have documentation something is one thing.. and yet you go out and maintain for days/weeks that it was actually something else... that's a lie....LIE...LIE...LIE.

Looking back, this is why Romney didn't go after him on Benghazi in the 3rd debate. How can you top the truth? What can you possibley do to Obama that Obama isn't doing to himself. Frankly, Romney just has to stay out of the way and let Obama dig himself deeper and deeper...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
Let's look at the email and see what information it would give Obama. The only thing it does it says that a group has "claimed" responsibility on facebook and twitter, not that this has been confirmed by any intelligence agency.

I really think people are trying to make this way more important than it is. All this does is back up Obama's approach to this and that was to call it an act of terror and say they are continuing to investigate who was responsible and what caused it.

A lot of people say a lot of things on Facebook.

I can just imagine it in the Rose Garden:

"So my fellow Americans, I just heard that over on Facebook that a group has claimed responsibility. Don't worry, I didn't add them to my friends. We've been analyzing their timeline, and it appears that they also like cats, KFC, and find Modern Family funny. Oh, they also play Farmville."

I don't think as the POTUS anyone would take you seriously if you claimed your intel came from a Facebook post.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I just though I'd add this:

Wasn't the Bush administration warned about potential terrorist attacks prior to 9/11?

I thought it was common knowledge of the massive failure back on that day.

How many more people died? How did he get re-elected for a second term?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'll be sending Bill on a special diplomatic mission to Benghazi.

Anyone else care to provide us with the appropriate caption?
edit on 24-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian
Anyone care to provide us with the appropriate caption?

edit on 24-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

My cigar or yours?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

The Fox news source's are adding more reality that Obama not only knew that the attack was happening, bit REFUSED military support!
Fox News quote," SOURCES WHO WERE ON THE GROUND in Benghazi during the attack on the US consulate tell Fox News that CIA operatives twice asked for permission to help Ambassador Chris Stevens and his staff, and twice were told to 'stand down' — while a later request for military backup was denied."
www.foxnews.com...

edit on 26-10-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Yes, the whole situation has changed now. The CIA has released a statement that no one there 'at any level' refused to send help to the consulate. Obama has a lot to come clean on now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join