It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Maya Really Said About 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
With December 21 on the horizon I've seen a lot of people claiming the Maya said this or the Maya said that. As I have mentioned previously the Maya only made one reference to 2012. Now there has been a second inscription found but I have yet to find the actual translation. So let's see what exactly the Maya did say about 2012.

It will be completed the thirteenth Bak'tun.
It is 4 Ajaw and 3 K'ank'in
and it will happen a 'seeing'.
It is the display of B'olon-Yokte'
in a great 'investiture'.

As we can see the Maya said nothing about a raise in consciousness or th End of the World. The only thing they said would happen is a religious ceremony dedicated to B'olon-Yokte'.

"a seeing"..... also points me in the direction of "truth",, "knowing",, enlightenment,,, a lifting of the veil,,, a seeing of truth,, the world and man as it and he really is,,, and how it and he could be...

I also believe in the middle of the mayan calendar, the image of the crazy looking face,,, with the tongue out,,,, is the mayan interpretation of "philospher",,"connector of the underworld" "shaman" " jesus" etc..... it is the crazy messiah that tells the world and people the truth.,,.,.from his inner seeings........
edit on 24-10-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Except that "Mayan calendar" is Aztec in origin. On top of that researchers aren't even sure if it's a calendar. Then there's also the fact that even if it were a calendar it would have nothing to do with 2012 as the Aztecs did not use the Long Count.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

It's not just my interpretation. It's the interpretation of most Mayan researchers including Barbara MacLeod and Sven Gronemeyer, who provided this translation of the inscription, and David Stuart and Stephen Houston, who provided an earlier translation that led many to believe this inscription was a prophecy.

What Could Happen in 2012: A Re-Analysis of the 13-Baktun Prophecy on Tortuguero Monument 6

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

It's not just my interpretation. It's the interpretation of most Mayan researchers including Barbara MacLeod and Sven Gronemeyer, who provided this translation of the inscription, and David Stuart and Stephen Houston, who provided an earlier translation that led many to believe this inscription was a prophecy.

What Could Happen in 2012: A Re-Analysis of the 13-Baktun Prophecy on Tortuguero Monument 6

yes but ,, i interpreted the words you provided in OP to potentially mean something different then you and they did,,,, I dont trust those researchers are as wise and philosophical as I am,,, they may not be able to comprehend reality in the same manner as I can,,, or understand symbology,, context, truth,, and the big picture of history and mans potential...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Except that "Mayan calendar" is Aztec in origin. On top of that researchers aren't even sure if it's a calendar. Then there's also the fact that even if it were a calendar it would have nothing to do with 2012 as the Aztecs did not use the Long Count.

whats your point,,,, all civilizations gained knowledge from the work of men,,, you are familiar with philosohpers? who are born in an area,, and can utilize their naturally created minds to think of complex things and potentially have an influence on their surroundings physically,, and/or their civilizations civilians intellectually,emotionally,consciously?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

bottem line,,, you can argue with this all you want,,, you can make 100 or 1000 threads,,,,,, but unless you are
Quetzalcoatli,, or Mohammed,, or jesus,, you will not understand what this is about ,,, keep fighting,, it will not change a thing,,, enjoy your ignorance,,, it will not change a thing. you love not knowing,,, you love not thinking,,, its comfy,, its cozy...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

These researchers are experts in interpreting Mayan epigraphy as well as their culture. They know what different symbols mean in context and how those symbols tie to Mayan beliefs. If you had actually bothered to read the article I posted you would see how these researchers came to their interpretation. They compared the symbols used to other places where they're used and what the symbols meant in those situations.

As for my comments on the Aztec sun stone, the reason I brought them up is because this topic is about the Maya and 2012. There was no reason to bring up an Aztec artifact that has no ties to 2012. What's more you made a false statement and since the motto of ATS is Deny Ignorance I saw it as my duty to correct you.

Hopefully when December 21 comes and goes with no major events you will drop the ego and realize that there are people out there that know more than you on a great number of topics.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

It's not presumptuous. That's what the Popol Vuh. It makes no mention of potential future creations because the gods were happy with this one. The reason I bring up the Popol Vuh because that is where these stories of multiple creations comes from. So even though the Popol Vuh was contaminated with Christian beliefs, if people are going to make false claims about what it says I'm going to provide the correct information.

i see.
but isn't that reaching?

wouldn't the equivalent of the popol vuh during earlier Suns make no mention of potential future creations as well?
wouldn't the gods be happy with them until they became displeased?

this is what i mean by presumption [not you] you make it sound as if evolution or whatever has ended and present humanity the pinnacle or something.

the Aztec cosmology takes a different view/interpretation
that the various Suns and their associated world catastrophes are the outcome of conflicts between the Tezcatlipocas, mainly the white and black ones, and or other gods, Quetzalcoatl being the White Tezcatlipoca
as in the the following pic you are familiar with :

one wonders what the Olmec books taught.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

These researchers are experts in interpreting Mayan epigraphy as well as their culture. They know what different symbols mean in context and how those symbols tie to Mayan beliefs. If you had actually bothered to read the article I posted you would see how these researchers came to their interpretation. They compared the symbols used to other places where they're used and what the symbols meant in those situations.

As for my comments on the Aztec sun stone, the reason I brought them up is because this topic is about the Maya and 2012. There was no reason to bring up an Aztec artifact that has no ties to 2012. What's more you made a false statement and since the motto of ATS is Deny Ignorance I saw it as my duty to correct you.

Hopefully when December 21 comes and goes with no major events you will drop the ego and realize that there are people out there that know more than you on a great number of topics.

they may know more specifics about mayan symbology and language,, but not how it relates to the entirety of the universe, earth and humans,,

december 21st will come and go with relatively no major events,, but the world will change drastically sooner then later,, and then maybe you will have some respect for what little ego i have that is speaking to you,,, this isnt about me,, its about everyone.....and yea, it may have a little something to do with me,, but that was only hardly sort of my choosing...

what would be your definition of a major event? I need to know what you imagine it is you are denying will occur...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
An awakening experience is probably about to happen. But who said that the world's going to end on 21 december? I don't think the world is going to end just cause the mayan calendar end on that day.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSirens

I hate to say TPTB,,,, but I think TPTB hyped up the concept that there is even a believeable chance "the world will end",, on that date,,,, this has man psychological effects on people,, from survivalest,, to doom preppers,,, to ascensioners,, to the average person who believes in non of that but still has that date in the back of his mind from its prevalence in society...

I think it will be the start of a conscious revolution,, most likely with the help of a new technology.... pretty much the way the world has ended and began again throughout earths history,,,, the cave man world ended,, and human started,,, that world ended and the bronze age started,, so on and so forth,,, rome was well,,, it ended ,,, the medieval times ended and birthed the new world of renascence,, ( im not that specifically knowledgeable with history if you cant tell) sometime not to long ago the industrial revolution created a new world,,,
we know live in a world governed by specific and subtle laws, codes, rules, morals, mindsets,mindstates, outlooks, inlooks, etc... Our world as chaotic as it is,, is an exact way..,, if it were to change enough to be noted as a "major change",,, it can be considered the beginning of a "new world"...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join