It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

57 days until December 21 2012 DOOMSDAY.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

As far as I know the Mayan calender was more precise than the Gregorian calender, it accounted for leap years and was never altered like the Gregorian/Julian has been altered over the years. The date we say as 12/21/2012 has always been the same date on their calender...if you know what I mean. Their calender uses Linear time and is based off of natural cycles, they even included the heliacal risings of Venus...it has been the same since the 5th century BCE...12/21/2012 is our equivalent to the end of their calender regardless of any changes we have made to our calenders...so I understand.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

ahahhahah nice cover up

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I've read the threads and outside news about 2012 12 21 and I know some people refer to this as a "turning point" and all, but how ? I know its the winter solstice and the length of days in the norther hemisphere start to get longer. What I mean is this awakening of human consciousness, how will we know, how will it be measured? Will we wake up on dec. 22 to see all the rich people have given there money to charity and all the criminals have stopped their activities? Or will this change be slow more like an evolutionary change where we who live today won't benefit from or recognize it?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wheelindiehl

no money for me that day i'm doomed

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I still feel strongly that the date will be that of First Contact.

In effect, the world WILL change that day because of it.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I cant wait till the day before it will be so much fun. I am going to have a feast for the occasion.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
All in all I think this was a great year if it turns out to be the end of things somehow I'd say all went well for me. Graduated and was able to keep my job so overall this was nice

I am quite curious to see what and if anything happens on 12/21/2012 though.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
By now, we should have Planet X racing down upon us with the obligatory meteors, earth ripping canyon earth quakes, mass starvation, wars for the few precious resources, monsterous tidal waves as Planet X sets so boldly on our horizon...

It ain't happening folks.

Come Dec. 21... the biggest question for most Americans will be... "Should I go ahead and thaw out the turkey?" and "Honey, can you pick up some more wrapping paper and egg nog?"

I still maintain that this day is when the Earth moves above the edge of the Milkyway in a continuous 28,000 year celestial cycle that the Mayans actually knew about. Now that is amazing.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
something to look out for
:
Milky Way's black hole getting ready for snack

The black hole is known as Sgr A*. "Sgr" is the abbreviation for Sagittarius, the constellation near the center of the Milky Way. Most galaxies have a black hole at their center, some thousands of times bigger than this one. "While this one is 3-to-4 million times as big as our sun, it has been relatively quiet," according to Murray. "It's not getting fed very much." Contrary to their name, black holes can appear very bright. That's because gas orbiting them loses energy via friction, getting hotter and brighter as it spirals inward before falling into the black hole. Read more at: phys.org...

As the cloud approaches the black hole and begins to fall in to what Murray describes as "a gravity well" beginning next September, it will begin to shed energy , causing it to heat to incredibly high temperatures, visible to radio and X-ray telescopes on Earth as well as orbiting satellites such as NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory.

edit on 24-10-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure
Only 57 days until December 21 2012 Doomsday so says conspiracists..

Guess what!?! Its also a great couple of months for " hoaxes and scammers" to claim they have discovered something through a vision about how the world will end & Extra-Terrestrial experiences and sights!, But for them to build awareness about their story you need to donate to them so they can setup an awareness campaign!

I myself am a believer in ET & life on another planet & also a change that may occur as scientists say but some of the stories I've seen & get rich quick marketing schemes of 2012 is insane!

Anyone feel the same?
edit on 24-10-2012 by FeelingPure because: (no reason given)

Well there are plenty of doomsday visionaries around here, but I don't see much in the way of appeals for shinola, it wouldn't be allowed. Unfortunately we don't have a 'Barking mad' forum here, because it would look much worse visually than the 'HOAX, lies,scams' forum decorum wise

So you must be talking about elsewhere then. I suggest, if you come across a site like that, just send them flowers in lieu, much more appropriate.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by FeelingPure

Its definitely becoming a brain drain. Outside of ATS, a good majority of the world (think starving children in 3rd world countries for instance) are oblivious to this apparent "doom" date that idiots are attempting to exploit for money.

Here is my prediction - 100% guaranteed correct - it will be a Friday.

Anything else is hearsay.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: grammar corrections

Great post and image to share

I agree to this... I mean what if they just got tired on writing the calendar? or what if they couldn't no longer after their lands were taken from them? I think its another Y2K, it will just be another day. However, I wouldn't mind finding one of those "dooms day" parties I hear about. I hear they are a good time!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'd like to see a picture of the actual mayan calender.....

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Since I don't know how to read it i wonder if they are telling us what it really say's

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy

Originally posted by dayve

Since I don't know how to read it i wonder if they are telling us what it really say's

I mean the real one in mexico that they cant show the public cause its broken. I dont think anybody has a clue what it means. It could just big a big design.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It's getting so close now haha. Soon everyone will know wether something's going to happen or not. If nothing happens, they will find a new date for it probably. I also believe something could happen but if not, I'm never buying this anymore. :p

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Imagine how long it would take to get that tattooed on your back. The detail is astounding.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Replace DOOMSDAY by AGE OF AQUARIUS

Thanks !

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join