Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

souls and the afterlife...

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Is there really a soul inside all of us? And if so does it really go into the afterlife?
I have often wondered if i have a soul and when i die will i go to the afterlife.I would like think that i do have an soul which will go to the afterlife.What do you guys think? Is there really a soul followed by an afterlife?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jademegjosh

there were some experiment and scientists claim, the soul has a weight. they measured the body before and after death and there was a slight difference.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I was reading a very long time ago in a article about how there is a tunnel of light & one of the most common experiences at the beginning of an NDE is popping or floating out of one's body and then floating or flying down a long tunnel toward a bright, white light that many describe as "loving."
edit on 24-10-2012 by FeelingPure because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by jademegjosh

there were some experiment and scientists claim, the soul has a weight. they measured the body before and after death and there was a slight difference.

That's long been disputed and there is absolutely no evidence any weight lost is attributable to the soul, and plenty that it wasn't.

www.snopes.com... (make sure you read the entire article)

Think about it, if a soul has weght it is affected by gravity. It can also pass through objects. In this case, as soon as it left the body the soul would be plunged, by gravity, into the center of the earth. The idea is absurd.
edit on 24-10-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jademegjosh

Is there really a soul inside all of us? And if so does it really go into the afterlife?
I have often wondered if i have a soul and when i die will i go to the afterlife.I would like think that i do have an soul which will go to the afterlife.What do you guys think? Is there really a soul followed by an afterlife?

The following is a unique theology that is held by me and likely no others. I read the Bible for all its worth:

Nefesh is the flesh and blood that covers the soul. This is the bio-mechanical suit you wear. Amnion is the flesh that covers the Amniotic fluid in the womb. It is a veil that keeps you from seeing outside the womb. The body is the same and keeps you from seeing what is beyond the womb of the Earth. Amnion makes the word amnesia, or the wool puled over the eyes of the lamb. The word lamb is derived by the related root of Amnion. The Shepherd sheers your sin away and when it is in a pile, it appears as a cloud. The cloud is the washed white as snow and then the souls is presented a robe imperishable. Something to wear that will not die.

From a recent thread I did:

"Cloud is the word nephelē. It also derives the word Nephilim, a cloud of evil spirits covering the people. This usage was shown in the book of Enoch 1 to describe the Evil Beings that corrupted Mankind. The cloud was the same as the one in Jude 1 and Enoch to describe Jesus coming in the clouds with an army of angels to rescue mankind.

When it says Jesus is coming in the clouds, why do the people mourn? For the first century generation that pierced Christ, the answer is obvious. For the rest of us, we realize that our sin was paid by the one that comes to remove the covering from us. The word Cloud denotes a complete covering that shrouds the land from the light. Clouds also defuse light to keep the earth protected. The Earth is our womb. There are many analogies in this symbolism when we see the connection. Faith is not fact because we cannot see beyond the veil. "

Genesis 6

6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

The evil that came unto the daughters of men are the Nephilim. The fall of mankind is linked to this mixing of angelic and human. We are them to an extent. The sacrifice in the temple of the beast on the altar is the beast that the angel is mixed with. We are to sacrifice the beast. The temple is our body. We cleanse the temple with water. Water is baptism and our immersion into the water. Jude 1 explains how we left our first dwelling place above.

Jude 1

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

We are offered water to put out fire. Baptism is our immersion into reality to repent and turn from sin. There are five baptisms:

Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand."

Earth - We are planted into the Garden. We are not rooted in the soil like plants or in a fixed domain like fish. Instead, we can occupy all domains. This autonomy requires that we overcome these domains by hardships. The wilderness we occupy was provided to allow our growth by experience.

Air - We are given the Word of God as a guide to the wilderness. This word is also the language we learn and master. Meaning ultimately comes when we decipher the inner symbols of nature and overcome our ignorance and pride of the outer world. Meaning springs from the root, just like a plant.

Water - We are baptized into the Water (Immersion into Reality). The water cleanses the temple (body). The temple is where the sacrifice is made. This temple houses the spirit of God, along with our soul. We are to overcome as we are born again. "You must be born again." Plants die and the seed perpetuates to the next generation. Producing fruit ensures seed for the next crop.

Isaiah 26

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.
20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

Fire - We are finally baptized by Trials. The Flaming Sword of God cuts away pride and protects the tree of life. The tree of life is DNA. We light the fire we burn by. We can also put out the fire with the water.

Spirit - After overcoming the first four baptisms, we are then baptized by the Spirit of God. Jesus is necessary for us to be marked by the spirit for salvation from the Fire. The water and blood of Christ brings salvation from the corruption of the elements.

edit on 24-10-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

or the soul is under some kind of influence, which can lift it.
the center of earth hot and fire, hell ?

edit on 24-10-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

or the soul is under some kind of influence, which can lift it.
the center of earth hot and fire, hell ?

edit on 24-10-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

No.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It's all about what you believe. The idea of a Soul/Spirit has probably been around longer than any other idea, and can be recorded to be an accepted belief across the globe, through civilizations with no relationship to one another. I believe we(humans) have souls, I believe all that is living has a soul, to each its own. Listen, life is a mystery, you take with you on this journey whatever it is you want to believe, no idea or theory is dumb. We live in a Universe where something either exists in the present, or is created in the future. Everything is possible over time. If we don't have souls I guarantee you we will within 1000 years time, easy. We are created, we are creators.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

a scientific no ?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jademegjosh

You will get a lot of thoughts, conjecture and argument because most people who will reply to you simply do not know.

Belief will usually cover it for most people, either religious or scientific. Both are similar in their fanaticism.

Over the years I have shared what I Know from experience in my own "work", so will again repeat this important information...

Yes, there is a Soul, but it is not Inside You. It is You. More precisely, it is the thing that empowers the human being You are now.

The Soul is way too massive and powerful to be squeezed into such a small and dense thing as your body. So it reached out with a very small portion of itself into these denser levels in order to gain Experience by having Life in the Flesh. Earth is not the only place offering physical experience, so Souls can choose to be many things.. humans, aliens, you name it.

The Afterlife..... how typical of us human beings to think so Egotisitcally. As if Here is the real life and what comes Before or After is somehow less important, less real... we are so blind.

In some of my work I take what I call "deadies" who are stuck close to Here due to their Beliefs and therefore Blocked Perception, into the Light. What happens there is simply the most beautiful thing you will ever see.

There is Always someone or something waiting for them at an area I call the Arrival Zone... this is so the deadie will feel calmer during their initial moments there. Over the next couple of seconds to minutes the deadie starts to shine a little form the inside.... the beginning of Remembering being in this place before.

As this begins, EVERYTHING we humans BELIEVE.. every concept, every thought, every opinion on what is and what isn't.. ALL OF IT.. starts to fall away from them .. it looks a bit like mud. So I call it Dross, and we humans carry a lot of it.

Once all of these Limiting Beliefs, etc, are gone from the deadie.. they are no longer a dead human.... so to speak. They are awake and aware of what they are, and they shine brightly. What they do after this is up to them. Some choose to stay to help with particular tasks like working with the injured 'children' who make it across, or with those who Suicided and are in need of healing.... Suicide is viewed as an illness.

This whole process is simply them Waking Up from the Dream of Life in this world.

If this portion of a Soul chooses to it can retreat from the area (topmost layer of the 'astral') into it's Soul levels of awareness. But most choose to have more experiences Here and elsewhere.

I know this to be true because this is my experience of working with Souls, with exploring the different levels of awareness that do exist beyond this limited level of awarness we call being Human. I have been doing this for a few of decades, and have met a some living people who also do similar work.

Now.. I do not care if no one Believes me. Belief is the cause of our Limited Perception. You cannot see clearly when your Mind is already filled with Beliefs.

For those who fear death, I hope these few words have been some solace to you.

edit on 24-10-2012 by Tayesin because: dyslexia

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I don't think we can really know for sure one way or another. I do believe that all living beings have something, I usually don't call it a soul but rather think of it as an energy, independent of what we think of as body. I think that upon the body's death that energy is released but to where, I really don't know. Maybe that energy finds a new host or maybe it is absorbed somehow. I think it's possible that the energy could "stand alone" also.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Once all of these Limiting Beliefs, etc, are gone from the deadie.. they are no longer a dead human.... so to speak. They are awake and aware of what they are, and they shine brightly. What they do after this is up to them. Some choose to stay to help with particular tasks like working with the injured 'children' who make it across, or with those who Suicided and are in need of healing.... Suicide is viewed as an illness.

This whole process is simply them Waking Up from the Dream of Life in this world.

If this portion of a Soul chooses to it can retreat from the area (topmost layer of the 'astral') into it's Soul levels of awareness. But most choose to have more experiences Here and elsewhere.

I had such a good message today, a guide spoke to me while I was trying to sleep, feeling very drained and depressed, everyone with stomach flu, me in shock from it, and also everytime we plan anything, so many set backs and bad health intervenes. I was literally thinking in terms of those who promote karma and that the well to do and healhty and those without stress were souls in higher standing as if anyone else deserved the pains they went through.

And then my guide spoke, she literally showed me that all across the world that many people were uable to bring the dreams they had to fruition, that they were barely surviving, lucky to get enough food, and tossed on the heap pile with the resources only given to a few, and that this had nothing to do with their worth but was only the corrupt leadership here.

I got up and was making tea and this download with her presence continued, and was shown ever heart, all the situations, the things we judge, even very negative things, as illness, and lessons from childhood, that no one was expected to be perfect, this was the error in the religions and in some people's teachings even here on ATS.

We were to gain the knowledge, to learn, to fully understand, what causes breakdowns, depressions, suicides, illness, what causes violence and murder even. To truly see that all "normal" people would respond in similar ways in similar situation, there were percentages that were all in the norm.

In the end we will fully understand each other, be humble yet strong, loving and filled with understanding and forgiveness of self and others.

That there were teams of helpers, councilors and healers. I almost feel like I was a councilor for I seem to know that the teams are all around and even some incarnated here, to overcome, to reach out to every one, to intercede. That yes, in a thoughtscape school it was possible to go off track, to be pulled to lower realms or get lost/magnetized to a construct or false paradigm perhaps needing to learn something there, but oft times this was due to programming here, and so intercession was ongoing always.

That we don't want to lose anyone to this long painful way home, but have all gain in understanding and healing.

Just the way you expressed suicides, as opposed to what most write. This I've always known that there is only love and outreach for those who have taken their lives, that its in very desperate and sad situations that this even occurs and NO ONE WHO IS LOVE WOULD EVER BEHAVE IN A HARSH, JUDGMENTAL OR SMITING WAY.

Thank you for your posts, you have really contributed some wonderful ones here on ATS. Just so happy to read them.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join