It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA is Europe's whipping boy.....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
so I was thinking

when you get really bored and want to start a thread about nothing

it's usually a good idea to do some chores instead

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

regards.....yes, were you not leaving or something? so stay but stay on topic as well.....

.....was that on topic...no

so I should NOT ignore the fact that you ignored my posts about WW1 and 2...yet again, you mention them almost inviting me to elaborate....maybe I will.....but as you say.."you don't want to read that."

maybe.....

edit on 24-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

bored no, interested in a topic yes.

when you get bored do you jump into threads to ask questions about motives for a thread, offering advice instead of taking it?

was that about the topic? I cant tell.....I am a bored person, you know...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
here is some more comedy about the European economy.....turns out the Tea party is a real threat to the EU...lol

Former president of the European central bank (Jean-Claude Trichet) blamed the US political scene for Europe's mess....you can't make this stuff up...

The European Central Bank Blames the Tea Party
By David Weigel Posted Thursday, Aug. 4, 2011, at 3:21 PM ET

If you are able to grin and get past the least perceptive quote of all time (turns out America is important globally!) it sounds like Jean-Claude Trichet is blaming congressional mucking-around for the extra jitters in the markets.

Mr. Trichet also said that uncertainty created by the U.S. budget debate had unsettled European markets. “It’s clear the entire world is intertwined,” he said. “What happens in the U.S. influences the rest of the world.”

Excuses, excuses, and a little bit of truth. Investors were mostly banking on a deal up until the last 36 hours before it was cut. There was a spike in uncertainty right after the House failed to round up votes for John Boehner's first debt compromise. Both Democrats and Republicans were complicit in delaying that bill, but only conservatives bragged about it.

So if you want to believe Trichet, you can bemoan the fact that the Tea Party dragged this process out for another day or so. I choose not to believe Trichet. Every other country that matters in this scenario is going through the same spasms as the U.S. France is talking up a balanced budget rule in its constitution. So is Germany. The UK is miles ahead of us on the austerity path.
www.slate.com...

so can we blame the protests and opposition to austerity measures in Madrid, Lisbon, London, Paris ect....for our problems too?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Ah, we finally get to the premise of the thread. "Oh poor me. Someone said something bad about me." Guess what? That'll happen with any country. Live with it. Feel free to diss mine as "America's hat." Been there. Don't care.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This one just pisses me off....nothing else to say about it....jerk.

French Essayist Blames Multiculturalism for Breivik’s Killing Spree

Richard Millet is an accomplished figure in French literature. His book Le Sentiment du Langue (The Feeling of Language) won the Académie Française’s 1994 essay award. His work as an editor for celebrated publisher Gallimard, meanwhile, helped produce two recent Prix Goncourt winners—including the 2006 novel Les Bienveillantes (The Kindly Ones) by American author Jonathan Littell. Now, however, Millet is getting attention of an entirely different kind with a new work attacking immigration and multiculturalism, and describing the acts of convicted Norwegian mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik as “formal perfection … in their literary dimension.”

“Multiculturalism, as it has been imported from the United States, is the worst thing possible for Europe… and creates a mosaic of ghettoes in which the [host] nation no longer exists,” Millet told France Info radio on Aug. 27. “Breivik, I believe, perceived that and responded to that question with the most monstrous reply.”
www.amren.com...

“Multiculturalism, as it has been imported from the United States, is the worst thing possible for Europe EXCUSE ME! so you want to blame the modern world´s problems on US!?!?

using a terrible tragedy....he even goes so far as to say Norway deserved it......JERK.....FRENCH JERK!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

ok fair enough...is it not allowed to elaborate?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I don't really care if Europeans don't like this thread, I don't expect them too. but considering the amount of US bashing I would think it is to be expected and just as tolerated....

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

ok fair enough...is it not allowed to elaborate?

I didn't say anything otherwise. I was just pointing out a thin skin.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

bored no, interested in a topic yes.

when you get bored do you jump into threads to ask questions about motives for a thread, offering advice instead of taking it?

was that about the topic? I cant tell.....I am a bored person, you know...

didn't you folks learn about the dangers of scapegoating over there ?

and research the perfectibilists before you just regurgitate nonsense you've read on the innerwebz

makes ya look like a fool

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

no need.

thin or not it has nothing to do with what I am talking about.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

again, since you don't like the thread topic, you resort to insulting me instead of countering my points....

nice...

makes you look so good. like a real smart person.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I see even the mods are jumping on my back....

I guess I will make a thread bashing the US and get like a thousand worthless stars and flags about it...

maybe then I can make a thread without being interrupted and derailed....

intrepid....WTH man?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I'm the only mod here and I am not representing the site. Check my post count. I have an opinion. And I'm allowed to have it.

That's the thing about a user generated site. You're going to get opinions that aren't particularly yours.

intrepid....WTH man?

My opinion. What's the problem?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

so your opinion is that of all ATS staff?

so MY OPINION is not welcome., is that what you are telling me?

that since you don't like my thread topic you felt the need to jump in and belittle me....implying that the reason I made it is out of spite, or an alternative motive...and not in search of intellectual debate?

if that is the case..then so be it. Ban me for my non illegal thread containing an American´s opinion (mine) about European Anti Americanism....then jump into an American bashing thread and applaud the discord created there....

people expect more from you when you have that little signature that says moderator...

I have done nothing wrong and you did not even put up a disclaimer....so

am I to think that your opinion is ATS policy regarding my point of view?

If I broke a rule tell me..if not I think your point about my personal motives are not on topic, are they.

EDIT.

I am closing this thread....

It is being closed for the following reasons..

I no longer need any more examples. The best one is self evident. ATS, a site founded in the UK, allows countless threads about anti Americanism to go unchallenged in the name of intellectual debate.

It is apparent though that everyone favors their home and is inherently biased. I no longer need to provide examples of this since the gems within this thread make itself evident that European members are not comfortable with a single thread criticizing what to an American is common knowledge. That anti Americanism is not limited to Islamic fundamentalists like the MSM says.

It finds a home in white skin, brown skin, any color. It is an easy way out to say that the US did it, or is behind it. If you go against that belief for love of people and land, or maybe out of the curiosity of challenging it with all your wit, all you get is the braying of asses. Not ONE of my points about this subject were countered, which should lead you all to find them as true, for lack of counter evidence offered.

Take no worry of my personal motives, since ultimately they are my own concern.

Perhaps I was abused, molested as a kid and have a jaded point of view on life. Maybe I was bullied in school, by a girl friend, employer. Maybe I suffered a traumatic experience that left lasting psychological scars,

all things that are not your concern. Which leads me to the golden rule of "if it is not your business, don't get involved in it"

so the next time you are in a conversation, here or anywhere, do not lower the bar by attacking the person, rather, challenge his argument with a counter argument, or leave him be. Doing so is mutually beneficial and leads to personal growth. Everything else is futile...

have a good day.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I don't mean to take this off topic, so we'll just summarize it real quick in a few short lines and then return to the discussion.

In the post above yours, intrepid clearly states that he is NOT representing the site and is offering his opinion as a member. You then ask if his posting reflects ATS policy.

The answer is no.

Every member of our staff (with the exception of the site founder) was initially a regular member before being asked to become a volunteer staff member. As such, they are entitled to their opinions and to participate in any and all threads the same way any other member is. Otherwise, no one would EVER want to be a mod.

We have a very clear rule that Staff must follow: You may not Mod a thread you are participating in. As long as that rule is followed, a mod may post just the same as anyone else.

I hope that clarifies things for you.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I guess I will make a thread bashing the US and get like a thousand worthless stars and flags about it...

intrepid....WTH man?

So it is about bashing Europe (which you talk about like it's one country). No one has either disrupted or derailed the thread, the main thing that's been discussed is WW2, which you mentioned in the OP, you're just angry that people disagree with you. Even Americans should be disagreeing with you, because your whole attitude towards it is wrong, along with the reasoning behind it.

And mods have opinions too you know, they're entitled to voice them.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Ah I am late to this thread, but alas!

Good post, BIHOTZ.. unfortuantely, this is where all the ATS members who blame America for everything come in and start twisting your post around flaming the U.S. for every problem at their doors step.

I agree with you fully in that all this stemmed from earlier history.. in other words, America didn't just make this up.

In fact, one COULD say the U.S. Constitution was created by our founders who truly despised democracy and created a permanent document to secure their own riches.. but wait, where were they from? Oh that's right.. England.

edit on 24-10-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Apparently I didn't read far enough in to the thread before posting.

Yea it's a regular thing with ATS to flame an American post pointing a finger the other way. I guess if I had a horrible past with the same corruption I would want to be out of the lime light as well.

ETA: Don't let these droolers jerk your chain.. stick up for your beliefs man. Just because someone is quick to argue a crooked fence straight doesn't make you wrong.

edit on 24-10-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

No it is not about bashing, rather shedding light on Europe's opportunistic anti americanism. Please show me where I said that or else you run the risk of looking like a liar. I also never said it was one country another one of your lies. And yes mods can have opinions just not about me personally and then voice them in one of my threads as if they are related.

I notice you have no urge to address even one of the points I made in this thread about Europe's blatent anti Americanism. While it could be possible to do so I would venture to say that you are intellectually incapable of doing so
You must lack even a basic third world education to have such horrid reading comprehension skills since extrapolating what you have from my responses either shows poor reading comprehension or a very low IQ.

It is a real shame to feel intimidated by complex things you do not understand. I assure you there is no need to get all worked up. I am not sure what your confused mind is making of this difficult to comprehend situation but rest easy in knowing you are safe. You can put down what blunt object you may have picked up in the panic and be easy.

Shhhhhhh it is OK.
edit on 25-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join