It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA is Europe's whipping boy.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

bye....thanks for pointing out European crazy people that start epic and world conquest minded wars that ruin other people's lives....Tata
edit on 24-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Before you castigate Europe you need to look closer to home:-

www.susmitkumar.net...

I don't think you will want to read that.

See ya.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

but I thought you were leaving...?

what no summery or snippet?...well since you have no consideration for me, I will not grace your post with a read.....I will take your advice

anyways..

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
speaking of the real reason of things....let's take a look at the real persecution of Jews...where on earth could Hitler have gotten those crazy ideas......I know....centuries of European torture theft and rape of their people....

After seventy years of exile the Jews were allowed to return to Jerusalem. Most of them gave up this option and elected to stay in Babylon. Those who stay in Babylon became merchants, traders, and bankers, thus beginning their long history in these professions. They prospered greatly due to the extended trade routes that existed throughout this region. (1)

The peace the Jews experienced during this era after the exile continued for three hundred years. After this their problems were minimal up to the time of the Crusades. Because of the conflict between Christianity and color=redIslam Jews suffered immeasurably, leading ultimately to the two long centuries of persecution and expulsion. In the year 1095 a sermon was preached telling the Christians to regain control of the holy lands.

Gangs would attack the Jewish communities, destroying their cities and torturing the people who lived in them. The Jews were such a threat because they did not believe in Jesus Christ a s the Son of God and were therefore non-Christian believers. A second wave of crusades emerged in 1146 and 1189. Riots against Jews even began to emerge through England. The crusades thus lead to Jews becoming the hated religious sect and they were cast out of almost every country throughout Europe. (2) Jews thus began to move and were forced into other countries, countries where they were also not wanted.

Within Spain, for a time Jews were accepted as productive and unthreatening members of society. This continued until it was decided that the Jewish community was not doing what was expected of them, at which time the Inquisition began.
www.ic.arizona.edu...

how many Jewish people you think died in 2 centuries of hate? less than 6 million?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
back on topic, hopefully this wont get derailed anymore....

here is an article from last year showing Europe's lack of putting its money where its mouth is when it comes to global security...they expect the US to pay well over its fair share to the UN, a almost completely European controlled entity....

we pay 27% of the UN´s peace keeping costs...more than any one country....WHY? most of the places we send our troops and money are closer to Europe and more their direct concern for instability....yet because they are tightening their belts we cannot do the same...?

U.S. and Europe fight over cuts in peacekeeping
Posted By Colum LynchMonday, October 10, 2011 - 4:54

Is austerity making the world a more dangerous place? Republican hawks are making the case that the Obama administration's planned Pentagon cuts are making the world safe for bad guys, and now European governments are looking at their defense expenditures as well -- and they're targeting the blue helmets budget line, particularly in peacekeeping missions favored by the United States.

Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, fended off a push last month by European governments to press to consider cuts next year in U.N.-backed peacekeeping mission in Liberia, which costs upwards of $525 million a year, more than Liberia's $459 million annual national budget. Rice has also resisted calls from other European governments, like Britain and France, to consider deeper cuts in U.N. peacekeeping missions in Haiti and in Sudan.

France and Britain are required to pay, respectively, 7.5 percent and 8.16 percent of all U.N. peacekeeping costs.

U.S. officials say that peacekeeping missions must be adequately funded to ensure their success, and that European governments, who each pay a far smaller share of the U.N. peacekeeping budget, are in some instances motivated by a desire to shift funding to their own "pet" missions, not the commitment to fiscal discipline that they claim.

"There is no country that has a greater interest in the economies, effectiveness, and efficiencies of U.N. peacekeeping missions [than the United States]. We pay 27 percent of the bill while the Europeans pay a smaller percentage," Rice said in an interview with Turtle Bay. "For them to be holier than thou is a bit rich, to say the least."

"We want missions to succeed at maximum efficiency and minimum cost," she said, noting that the United States has already agreed to send thousands of U.N. peacekeepers from Haiti and Liberia back home. "We are all feeling the strain.... But we are not going to sacrifice the effectiveness and success of missions by prematurely closing them or prematurely cutting them down beyond what the security situation on the ground will allow."

turtlebay.foreignpolicy.com...

"We meet at a time of severe -- and worldwide economic challenge.... Member states around the world are under financial strain," said Joseph M. Torsella, the U.S. representative for U.N. Management and Reform, in a Sept. 29 speech calling for more belt-tightening before the U.N.'s main budget committee. "That is the simple reality we face, all of us: in a time of scarce resources, the United Nations cannot afford business as usual. But that unfortunately, is exactly what is represented in this budget."

so we should dish it out huh?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Again you need to look closer to home:-

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes that was Americans who did that. I can't stand hypocrites such as you.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

summery please?

or snippet,

if you are too lazy to do SOME work, I will be lazy as well....no read....too dumb...

I can't stand people who can't stand other people....

seems to be a thing in Europe.....don't go starting a world war over it.....

EDIT:
oh in case you don't know this, Wiki is not a viable source since it can be edited by anyone...that is why colleges don't accept it...when they do, I will....

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So Europe is scaling down its armed forces all over, tightening its belts....yet the UN presents a budget that calls for the same peace keeping forces and spending like business as usual....and the US is expected to pay the difference....because it is normal for a single country to pay almost a third of global security for ONE organization....

and that is why the EU needs us. They don't like us, they don't respect us. They like to visit our country, like they like to visit anywhere on earth...but not really for our people....they make fun of us almost all over Europe..

they like us for the dirty work we do, and for the money we dish out....and that is hypocrisy.....

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Oh dear this isn't Wiki:-

www.cherokee.org...

or this:-

www.trailoftears.org...

edit on 24-10-2012 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

summery...snippet?

too lazy....me too....

so you want me to formulate your point of view for me to counter is that it?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
here is another example from last year of Europe blaming the US....it is kind of funny...Vladimir Putin said that the accusation of election fraud and the consequent protests that followed were the US´s fault, more importantly Hillary Clinton´s fault....because she says jump and moscow trembles.......as if rigging an election and getting caught doing it were not enough...no. The united sates did....lol

Putin blames America for Russia's election protests

Shaun Walker Friday 09 December 2011

Hillary Clinton singled out for supporting opposition politicians over 'rigged poll' claims
Vladimir Putin launched an extraordinary attack on the United States yesterday, blaming the Americans for stoking discontent in Russia in his first major comments on the street protests that have sprung up since parliamentary elections on Sunday.

As Russians continued to sign up in thousands on Facebook for a co-ordinated series of protests planned tomorrow, the Russian Prime Minister said that the US had spent "hundreds of millions of dollars" trying to influence the outcome of the elections.

He personally accused Secretary of State Hillary Clinton of igniting the protests, claiming that she "gave a signal" to Russia's opposition leaders by describing the election as rigged. "They heard this signal and with the support of the US State Department began their active work," said Mr Putin. Ms Clinton, who had said Russian voters deserved an investigation into allegations of fraud in Sunday's elections which gave Mr Putin's United Russia party 49 per cent of the vote, said later yesterday that her criticism had been "well-founded". International observers have said the poll was rigged in Mr Putin's party's favour.
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

You need to take a trip to The American Genocide Museum Houston Texas:-

aigenom.com...

You may then understand the evils that men can do. Like the Nazi's in Europe in the settlers in America.
Some how i think i am wasting my time on you. One day you may see the light. We can but hope.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

oh so the English settlers who came to the east coast and left no one are foreshadowed by the American expansionism...should we take a look to south America where in Portugal Europe slaughtered missionaries and Indians for trying to keep themselves out of slavery, or to the African slave trade that fueled the US civil war by illegally shipping slaves from Africa by Portuguese merchants...

you want to talk of genocide....how many European colonies in the Americas had their indigenous populations left intact after Europe was done with them?

at least we own up to it and try to make amends, instead of making up BS to blame some one else.

EDIT:
who started WW1? was it Germany, really?, or Serbia and Austria? Who had their allies son killed? was it Austria, a sovereign monarch assassinated by a radical, and the UK, France and Russia went to arms defending the alliance that included the country that trained and armed the militant radical who pulled the trigger?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

How far back in history do you want to go? I am sure the Native Americans can teach us all about the American psyche.

Apart from the selective interpretation of history and some (surely unintentional) Hitler apologetics, how is the US the whipping boy of Europe? I am unsure as to what you are trying to get out of this as you seem to have swung away from your OP.

Regards

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I would love to stay on topic....if you would counter my now numerous posts in between the derailing we could get on our way...

and I would gladly let all the points I made about WW1 and 2 slide since you decided to ignore them, IF you would reply to my other ON TOPIC posts I have tried to make this thread about.

they show how the US is Europe's whipping boy

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
they show how the US is Europe's whipping boy

No. The US is Britain's boy. Same as Canada. Same as Oz. The US just got into Momma's grill a little too much.
We ALWAYS come back to the mother country.

Europe's whipping boy? Maybe. A Frenchman can only be asked to be considered a "cheese eating traitor monkey" so many times before he gets pissed off. You DO know that there were many French aside from the Vichy, right?

Off to have some Freedom Fries.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
here is another example of what I am talking about.....mind you there is no sound bank in Europe....they are all in the same boat, some less than others, but really it is relative since they are all under the same failing system...it is like saying I have lung cancer but not pancreatic cancer...

so...The president of the MEDEF, the national confederation of French employers, says that because of US based publications, that the European market is in trouble..it is not like a sound investor doesn't read as many publications possible before risking millions of dollars or gets the best advice available...no...he reads only US journals and makes his decision....

INTERVIEW - The president of the MEDEF, the national confederation of French employers, believes the state should decrease spending faster to reduce its debt.

LE FIGARO. - Economic activity seems to be hitting the brakes. How do you explain this?

Laurence Parisot. - The slowdown is due to the junction of two sets of causes: in the United States, a worsening economic and political situation, and in Europe, states crossing the red line in terms of debt. Once these difficulties are overcome, we will go back to strong, job-creating growth but one shouldn’t misinterpret what we experienced this summer.

The situation became tense when China started to lecture the U.S. on their debt. The Americans then probably wanted to pass the blame onto Europe. We saw a kind of psychological warfare and an attempt to destabilize the euro zone. The markets overreacted, being by nature very sensitive to rumors – even organized rumors. The moral of the story is that we should not be naive and disqualify ourselves: if Europe was attacked, it isn’t because it is weak but because it is strong, and if it is envied, it is because it is enviable.

Who would be behind this conspiracy?

I would rather call it an overseas “orchestration” of Europe’s difficulties, like the rumors about the French banks, which circulated immediately even though they were absolutely unfounded. Our banks are among the strongest in the world. The front pages of U.S. media nonetheless announced the death of this or that and even the end of the euro zone. We went from attacks on Spain to Italy and then France, and even up to rumors of Germany’s degradation last week! When American publications widely read by investors and financial analysts count on false and sensationalist headlines, it’s time to ask questions.
plus.lefigaro.fr...

so because we didn't lie about the problems in Spain, Greece France and Italy then we "attacked" them. It is a conspiracy yes...we even went to these countries and by act of magic made the things we reported in our press happen for real..not like the UK doesn't have its own reports about these countries that are similar to those he is speaking about...no...

the US did it.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I forgot about freedom fries...well don't stain your shirt or you will have to take it to a freedom dry cleaners..lol

Yeah I guess we are UK´s boy....but IMO we can still be Europe's whipping boy as well for the bad lashes....

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
and I would gladly let all the points I made about WW1 and 2 slide since you decided to ignore them, IF you would reply to my other ON TOPIC posts I have tried to make this thread about.

Your points have not been ignored and have merit and did not think it worth countering them as you need to try and keep to topic. I just think that in some cases (as pointed out) your interpretation of history is (er) wrong.

Not sure you have really articulated how the US is Europe's whipping boy - perhaps, in your own words and briefly.

Regards

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
and another example of the US and this time the UK being blamed by European Central Bank's chief economist about their recovery difficulties ....

Greece...because all that tourism should be able to pay for one of the largest militaries in Europe...

" European Central Bank's chief economist (Juergen Stark ) said a Greek debt restructuring would be a "recipe for catastrophe" as he blamed "vested interests" in Britain and the United States "

Chief economist blames U.S., UK for fueling EU debt crisis.

The Associated Press
Published Wednesday, May. 18, 2011 7:19AM EDT

LAGONISI, Greece - The European Central Bank's chief economist said a Greek debt restructuring would be a "recipe for catastrophe" as he blamed "vested interests" in Britain and the United States for fueling market pressure on the country.

Juergen Stark told a financial conference in Greece Wednesday that the struggling eurozone country's "debt sustainability is insured" if it fully complies with its internationally monitored austerity program.

Asked about the markets' hostility to Greek efforts, Stark said: "This is not the view of all market participants, to be very clear. This is a discussion triggered from London and New York. I don't know what is behind it -- vested interests, people topping their books and so on. So it's more complicated than just (saying) what markets expect."
www.ctvnews.ca...

"it is a conspiracy or something....not too sure..but did I mention vested interests...because they are not suffering by Europe's playing in the financial mud..."

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join