Ron Paul: internet freedom is human freedom, warns that CISPA may be enacted via Executive Order

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The transcript can be found here.

How CISPA would affect you (faq)

CISPA would "waive every single privacy law ever enacted in the name of cybersecurity,"

"Allowing the military and NSA to spy on Americans on American soil goes against every principle this country was founded on."

...it would usher in a new era of information sharing between companies and government agencies -- with limited oversight and privacy safeguards.

"Notwithstanding" would trump wiretap laws, Web companies' privacy policies, gun laws, educational record laws, census data, medical records, and other statutes that protect information,

...under existing federal law, any person or company who helps someone "intercept any wire, oral, or electronic communication"--unless specifically authorized by law--could face criminal charges. CISPA would trump all other laws. [CISPA] would allow Americans' personal information to be vacuumed up by government agencies for cybersecurity and law enforcement purposes

If this article is accurate, it looks like CISPA would trump all other laws. SCARY scary stuff.

There is no doubt in my mind that Americans will have incredible regret over not supporting Ron Paul. They may not verbalize it, they'll probably dismiss this realization by saying that "he couldnt have done anything anyway".

Nothing could have been further from the truth.

The State sovereignty movement is our last hope and the only way it continues is if Obama wins.

edit on 24-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This could be a step too far and I don’t think it’d be tolerated for very long, if at all. There’s no genuine justification for such action. I just can’t fathom all of this nonsense. Life is far too short for this garbage.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BlindBastards

People think theyre so different. Both Obama and Romney would put this thru.

join