It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you lose karma?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
For a few hours today I enjoyed a karma of 24. This was a nice surprise because it seems to move up so slowly. I suppose I must have ticked off the wrong mod or something because I just noticed it dropped back down to 23.

Can we get a list.. things to look out for, things not to do so you don't lose Karma?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You will find all of your answers here - A Guide to the ATS Rewards System: Points, Flags, Stars, Karma and Wats - its a mathematical formula.

Not a Mod conspiracy

edit on 24-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I've read that. I also read someplace how you can lose karma by a mods actions. I think it's in the same thread someplace. If it's just based on math and I did not go back in time and unpost some of my posts then the value should only go up should it not?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Can we get a list.. things to look out for, things not to do so you don't lose Karma?

From that point of view, the key factor in the formula is the "divide by the number of posts" element.
The more you post, the lower your karma gets, unless you gather stars etc to pull the score up again.
In other words, if you;re a prolific poster but people don't think your posts are useful contributions, the score will go down.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I've never paid attention to the numbers, do they serve a purpose? If they wiped them all out I wouldn't notice for years until I stumbled upon a thread about it, I am not a number, I am a free man!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
I've never paid attention to the numbers, do they serve a purpose? If they wiped them all out I wouldn't notice for years until I stumbled upon a thread about it, I am not a number, I am a free man!

Wise words from a wise man

LIVE FREE !

the only important numbers are from your birthday
because they means a lot

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

From that point of view, the key factor in the formula is the "divide by the number of posts" element.
The more you post, the lower your karma gets, unless you gather stars etc to pull the score up again.
In other words, if you;re a prolific poster but people don't think your posts are useful contributions, the score will go down.

Ahh.. that may have been what happened. I noticed the change right after making a post. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

i dont give a toss what my birthday is - my pulse , BP and core temp are whamatter most to me

top topics

join