It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Zechariah 11:17 hint towards a one eyed anti-christ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
As many already know, muslims believe the anti-christ (dajjal) will be blind in the right eye.

Interestingly, a certain verse in the bible Zechariah 11:17, is interpreted by many Christians to be a reference to the antichrist.

Woe to the worthless shepherd who leaves the flock! A sword will be on his arm and on his right eye! His arm will be totally withered, and his right eye will be blind.
-Zechariah 11:17

If this verse is indeed talking about the anti-christ, then it confirms Islams idea of a one eyed anti-christ.

I thought this was an interesting thing to share and discuss.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Wow interesting find

Sounds like he's also gonna have some kind of gimpy arm then, right?

Is Satan a pirate?

ETA: Are there any international figures who have those features?
edit on 24-10-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

The antichrist is here

Gordon Brown

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I think it's a spiritual blindness that it talks about.

Not a literal blindness.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Also;

Do you have a link to the "supposed Christians " who are now "supposedly saying" that this scripture (Zechariah 11:17), is in reference to the Anti-Christ ?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
As many already know, muslims believe the anti-christ (dajjal) will be blind in the right eye.

Interestingly, a certain verse in the bible Zechariah 11:17, is interpreted by many Christians to be a reference to the antichrist.

Woe to the worthless shepherd who leaves the flock! A sword will be on his arm and on his right eye! His arm will be totally withered, and his right eye will be blind.

If this verse is indeed talking about the anti-christ, then it confirms Islams idea of a one eyed anti-christ.

This may have some relevance to the following verses from Revelations where the 1st Beast has a deadly wound that was healed and all the people were amazed......

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast...............12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Okay, but I want the link to the so called Christians who are drawing the connections. As someone who grew up in the Church, had a preacher for a father, went through seminary and used to teach Sunday myself, I'd like to know what Christians we're getting this from?

That's all.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Aren't many Christians like that? Jesus commanded all who would follow him to take care, and feed his sheep...

Are Christians today doing that? They don't even know how to take care and feed God's sheep.

To them it has something to do with getting their next-door neighbors, co-workers, friends and relatives to God...

That it has something to do with showcasing their wealth to win people to God...

No, that is not how to feed sheep, that is how you feed wolves!

You can't feed sheep with things of the flesh. The mainstream christianity and their popular false beliefs must be the antichrist. Their beliefs oppose the core teachings of Jesus. The unbelievers are really in a better place..

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
"The Spiritual Meaning of Right Eye, Left Eye"

a shepherd denotes one who teaches truths, and by means of these leads to good; hence a worthless shepherd denotes one who teaches and leads to evil; arm denotes the power of truth from good; but the arm of a worthless shepherd denotes no power; the eye denotes the understanding and perception of truth; but the right eye of a worthless shepherd denotes the memory-knowledge of good without the understanding and perception of it, because it is applied to falsity; thick darkness denotes the falsity that is from evil.

www.biblemeanings.info...

Other Bible verses for consideration...

Matthew 5:29-30

29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Revelation 13:16

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Exodus 15:6

Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.

Exodus 29:20

Then shalt thou kill the ram, and take of his blood, and put it upon the tip of the right ear of Aaron, and upon the tip of the right ear of his sons, and upon the thumb of their right hand, and upon the great toe of their right foot, and sprinkle the blood upon the altar round about.

Psalm 18:35

Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Probably not a good interpretation or translation.
The structure of the verse would indicate an act of violence, rather than a preexisting condition, that the ineffective shepherd will be struck in those places.
Rather than consuming the sheep, he is negligent through abandonment

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

the structure of the verse would indicate an act of violence, rather than a preexisting condition, that the ineffective shepherd will be struck in those places.
Rather than consuming the sheep, he is negligent through abandonment

Im not saying that the anti-christ would be blind in an eye because of a pre-existing condition.

What if the "act of violence" is the reason why he becomes one eyed?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Zechariah 11:13-17

13 And the Lord said to me, “Throw it to the potter”—that princely price they set on me. So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the Lord for the potter. 14 Then I cut in two my other staff, Bonds, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel.

15 And the Lord said to me, “Next, take for yourself the implements of a foolish shepherd. 16 For indeed I will raise up a shepherd in the land who will not care for those who are cut off, nor seek the young, nor heal those that are broken, nor feed those that still stand. But he will eat the flesh of the fat and tear their hooves in pieces.

17 “Woe to the worthless shepherd,
Who leaves the flock!
A sword shall be against his arm
And against his right eye;
His arm shall completely wither,
And his right eye shall be totally blinded.”

This isn't even talking about the Antichrist. "Shepherds" are the leaders of the faithful believers, worthless shepherds are the ones who do not do their job and feed the sheep. The reference to the 30 pieces of silver being thrown to the potter are referring to Judas Iscariot getting 30 pieces of silver for betraying Jesus. Before Judas hanged himself he tried to give the bloodmoney back but his co-conspirators refused to take the money. Judas then hanged himself, and his silver was later used to purchase a potter's field where the poor were buried who could not afford tombs. God had 2 staffs, Beauty and Bonds which represented Ephraim, the northern Kingdom of Israel and Judah, the Southern Kingdom.

For instance the 3 times Jesus asked Peter repeatedly if he loved him after he had resurrected in John 21:15-19.

John 21:15-19

15 So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?”

He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.”

He said to him, “Feed My lambs.”

16 He said to him again a second time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?”

He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.”

He said to him, “Tend My sheep.”

17 He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?”

And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.”

Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep. 18 Most assuredly, I say to you, when you were younger, you girded yourself and walked where you wished; but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will gird you and carry you where you do not wish.” 19 This He spoke, signifying by what death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, “Follow Me.”

The faithful shepherd tends the herds and feeds them, the worthless shepherds destroy the flocks and scatter them. In the case above, Peter did his job he tended Christ's herds and he fed them and so he was not a worthless shepherd.

Jeremiah 23:1-6

“Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture!” says the Lord. 2 Therefore thus says the Lord God of Israel against the shepherds who feed My people: “You have scattered My flock, driven them away, and not attended to them. Behold, I will attend to you for the evil of your doings,” says the Lord. 3 “But I will gather the remnant of My flock out of all countries where I have driven them, and bring them back to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase. 4 I will set up shepherds over them who will feed them; and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, nor shall they be lacking,” says the Lord.

5 “Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord,
“That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness;
A King shall reign and prosper,
And execute judgment and righteousness in the earth.
6 In His days Judah will be saved,
And Israel will dwell safely;
Now this is His name by which He will be called:

THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Shepherds refers to the leaders of God's remnants, kings, priests, or sometime preachers. In those days your right am or right eye was considered good, left handed people were considered cursed. The reference to the "blind" right eye is saying this shepherd is bad. It's allegorical not literal. Feeding the sheep deals with giving them their "bread of life", feeding them their Word of God, not literally but spiritually.

When Jesus came he caused a split in Israel, between the orthodox jews and the messianics. Ephraim was swallowed by the gentiles, assimilated they lost their identity. These are the lost sheep of Israel Jesus was sent to, the ones the apostles were sent to find. Christianity is Ephraim, the wild olive tree, and judaism is the cultivated olive tree christianity will be grafted into. The 2 flocks will become one per John 10:16. Ephraim will return to Israel through Jesus and thats why the apostles wre charged with seeing out those whom were worthy.
edit on 24-10-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

This isn't even talking about the Antichrist.

Actually, Zechariah 11:17 is one of the many verses that Christians interpret as referring to the anti-christ.

edit on 24-10-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

What if the "act of violence" is the reason why he becomes one eyed?

It means you should not be looking for someone who fitts that description, since it would be true only after you are dead, if you were one of those sheep.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
So are you saying that they think Odin or Wodan is the antichrist? I don't think so.

The antichrist is blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. He lives for the moment without insight into long term consequences. He is ignorant of the future of our kids.
edit on 24-10-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

A Shepard that leaves the flock? Sounds like a metaphor.

If the bible wanted to talk about a one eyed anti-christ, why wouldn't it just say so as it did in other verses?

People like to make anything look like prophesies even ones that don't claim to be...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Sounds like a metaphor.

Right, and it seems a lot of the posters on this sub-forum have a difficulty recognizing it when they see it.
Cults like to use them because they can find "proof" for just about any harebrained scheme they can cook up by taking verses out of context an putting the "prophecy" label on it.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

It means you should not be looking for someone who fitts that description, since it would be true only after you are dead, if you were one of those sheep.

Well, in the OP I said IF this verse is talking about the anti-christ so its clear that I'm just speculating. Since interpreting prophetic verses is pretty much guesswork, I'm throwing in my 2 cents on this matter.

As for it being a metaphor... I don't know.
It could be a metaphor.... or it could be pointing towards an actual physical characteristic of the AC. There are no clear cut rules when it come to determining whether something is a metaphor or a literal description.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

It could be a metaphor.... or it could be pointing towards an actual physical characteristic of the AC. There are no clear cut rules when it come to determining whether something is a metaphor or a literal description.

How about a rule that if it only comes from a particular cult it is BS and don't ever think it could be real.
It comes from Dispensationalism which looks to me to be a deliberately invented religion to give zionists cover while they do their illegal land grab in Palestine with the help of the illuminate new world order Anglo/American Empire.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I think this verse that you mentioned is figurative language. The right is associated with good and the left with bad. Being blinded in the right eye means, in my opinion, that the form of spirituality of the worthless shepherd is not really spirituality.

The first part of the verse reminds me of the short story written by Langston Hughes called "Salvation."

In this short story, the priest calls the children in the church lambs. However, the priest then says to the children, "Won't you lambs come to Jesus?"

However... Jesus is like the good shepherd. The lambs can not go back to the shepherd; how could the lost sheep possibly find the shepherd??? The good shepherd comes and finds the lost sheep, not the other way around. The good shepherd also finds every lost sheep, which says A LOT about the love of Father and of Jesus Christ.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join