It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are humans the only ones who have been given the power of love?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Yes im finding that out. Chemicals can tranquillize love into a stupor thats all. If chemicals created love science would of made love potion by now.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by trysts

Yes im finding that out. Chemicals can tranquillize love into a stupor thats all. If chemicals created love science would of made love potion by now.

Science has...they're called pheromones and you can buy them
edit on 24-10-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by Hawking

I don't think "chemical reactions" explain the "how", or "why" of love. Chemical reactions are associative, not causal. Love cannot be explained chemically.
edit on 24-10-2012 by trysts because: (no reason given)

The "How" is upon seeing an appropriate mate the brain releases dopamine and seretonin to make you want to spend more time with that person. You get a buzz from being in their company and, like the rats who push the "feel good" button over and over again in lab experiments, you'll do anything to be with them.

The "Why" is because we're more successful as a species when we care deeply for one another. We develop the urge to reproduce with the most suitable mate, and to protect our young and each other. Without love and care, society would fall apart.

And all those feelings are endogenous chemicals and hormones in the body and brain working their magic. We're slaves to our biology, and we choose to make "love" this mystical supernatural experience because it's much more fulfilling to believe

None of this subtracts from the experience of truly being in love, as I have and nothing else comes close. But it is what it is

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Not even close.
I can't believe such a question would need to be asked.

One only need to look around the planet to see this.
Just one example of sooo many..
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Not even close.

i asked the question because not to here the answer i know the answer is love. Just had love on my mind and need to write something.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Ahmose

Not even close.

i asked the question because not to here the answer i know the answer is love. Just had love on my mind and need to write something.

cool.
love you.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by Hawking

I don't think "chemical reactions" explain the "how", or "why" of love. Chemical reactions are associative, not causal. Love cannot be explained chemically.

The "How" is upon seeing an appropriate mate the brain releases dopamine and seretonin to make you want to spend more time with that person. You get a buzz from being in their company and, like the rats who push the "feel good" button over and over again in lab experiments, you'll do anything to be with them.

The "Why" is because we're more successful as a species when we care deeply for one another. We develop the urge to reproduce with the most suitable mate, and to protect our young and each other. Without love and care, society would fall apart.

And all those feelings are endogenous chemicals and hormones in the body and brain working their magic. We're slaves to our biology, and we choose to make "love" this mystical supernatural experience because it's much more fulfilling to believe

None of this subtracts from the experience of truly being in love, as I have and nothing else comes close. But it is what it is

Hi, Hawking

I think your "how" is wrong. Love is a rather general term. It's not defined enough to determine if dopamine has anything to do with it. How do I know if what you or any other person defines as "love, is nothing more than momentary attraction? Can one be in love while being studied for chemical associations? When there is no longer extra dopamine being produced, does love go away?

Of course, one does not need think about procreating in order to experience love. And I don't think we "love" for the success of the species, but you do seem to look at people as mechanical beings, whereas I look at them as free beings.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

When i think of love as chemicals then i think of test tubes. If its test tubes what be the point to anything. Love potion no 9......or is that 10, 11, 12.........I can say this with certainly you know when your in love...real love because you think many things about the person in terms of hugs and their well being. That doesnt sound like chemicals to me

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Only a religious institution could instill an idea that only humans are special and animals are there just for us abuse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join