It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney's son apologizes to Obama for 'swing' remark

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
While it's good that Tagg apologized; I also wonder WHY Tagg could make those remarks a few weeks ago and not be on the Secret Service list that would keep him away from Obama? We know darn well that if any of US had made that remark on a radio, we would NOT be allowed withing so many feet of the POTUS for the rest of his term.
What difference does it make if its a Radio/Youtube/FB/Twitter? Have you seen the countless threats against Romney? Please be realistic.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

The difference IS that those YouTubers and Twitters are most likely ON the list whereas Tagg obviously wasn't on the list. That's the difference.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Have you seen the countless threats against Romney? Please be realistic.

Since when did Romney become the POTUS? You be realistic.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
reply to post by hp1229

The difference IS that those YouTubers and Twitters are most likely ON the list whereas Tagg obviously wasn't on the list. That's the difference.
Lets not get carried away. If a million tweets were threatening Romney, do you think the suits have the resources to pursue them all on the list? Ofcourse Tagg's words will be considered should something happen to the POTUS. Besides, he had all the right to say what he did on a radio (away from the POTUS) about how he felt someone insulting HIS dad. Its a good enough reason for me to not put him on the list unlike the other fools tweeting out loud about Romney and even worse wanting/wishing against Romney.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

Have you seen the countless threats against Romney? Please be realistic.

Since when did Romney become the POTUS? You be realistic.
Never claimed that Romney is/was the POTUS. You're assuming that I did. You do know the Secret Service also protects the incumbent president and his/her family members right? Please say yes.
edit on 24-10-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I might be considered by some to be "ultra-left" but I actually have lots of Respect towards Romney as a person. I've never heard him take a cheap shot at Obama.

lol, really? The whole birth certificate remark?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

If Romney would have raised him right he'd know to have some respect for the president of the USA and elders. Obama is too old for a young man wanting to punch in the face.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

You do know the Secret Service also protects the incumbent president and his/her family members right? Please say yes.

And you do know that the SS is aware of the threats against Romney correct? Please say yes.

The Secret Service confirms it is "aware" of the threats against Romney, a spokesman for the federal agency confirms.

"The Secret Service is aware of this and will conduct appropriate follow up if necessary," Brian Leary, a spokesman for the United States Secret Service, says in an email.

www.weeklystandard.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TehSlenderMan
reply to post by Ben81

Kids say things all the time

Pretty sure this guy isn't a "kid just saying things". His father is running for president and should know better than to just spout nonsense to the media, whether he meant it or not. Like someone else said, if he had been a "normal" American he would be being questioned by the SS/FBI still to this day.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Wow guy says something off the cuff when asked about how he felt........you attack him.......

Guy mans up and apologizes publicly for making a stupid remark.....you attack him.....

Obama brings the country to the brink and his negligence gets 4 people killed, a consulate burned, and puts many more at risk through is foreign policy......

yall are finding the most nitpicking childish crap you can find that has NO bearing on public policy or ANYTHING that is of detriment in this country.....

Rome is burning while you people are playing your fiddles

And you give Obama a pass......

And who are the bigots?
edit on 24-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Obama brings the country to the brink and his negligence gets 4 people killed, a consulate burned, and puts many more at risk through is foreign policy......

And you give him a pass......

Meh, Bush put this country past the brink and his negligence got almost 3,000 civilians killed on our home soil; and he got 4 more years.
edit on 24-10-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
He didnt threaten anyone, this is grasping at straws. Everyone thinks about the debaters fighting it out. If someone was talking about your father lying about him spouting falsehoods saying he did things that are not true you would want** to fight him too. It was no slip this was thought out, he would like to fight POTUS big deal. Does it really matter, no. Big to do over nothing.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Meh, Bush put this country past the brink and his negligence got almost 3,000 civilians killed on our home soil; and he got 4 more years.

Bush isnt running for office........i still cant believe people are using this platform.........

If Obama gets elected again, at the end of his second term and 8 yrs, will he blame his failures on the previous administration then too?

edit on 24-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

No respect for that flip-flopping, son-of-a-bitch here.

And the Secret Service should have been all over Tagg Romney like a fly on #.

I make no apologies for my disgust of Romney and his supporters.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Bush isnt running for office........i still cant believe people are using this platform.........

Of course Bush isn't running for office; yet he did get a 2nd term after negligently allowing 3000 civilians to be murdered. Four people being murdered on Obama's watch is hardly in the same category of negligence. The point I am making is that if Bush's negligence didn't sway his reelection, then I hardly believe that Obama's negligence will be held any differently. Additionally, I am not using Bush's failures as a platform of any kind; I'm only making a point that the average voter did not care about Bush's negligence on election day 2004; nor will they care about Obama's negligence on election day 2012.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Of course Bush isn't running for office; yet he did get a 2nd term after negligently allowing 3000 civilians to be murdered. Four people being murdered on Obama's watch is hardly in the same category of negligence. The point I am making is that if Bush's negligence didn't sway his reelection, then I hardly believe that Obama's negligence will be held any differently. Additionally, I am not using Bush's failures as a platform of any kind; I'm only making a point that the average voter did not care about Bush's negligence on election day 2004; nor will they care about Obama's negligence on election day 2012.

really? how bout his WHOLE foriegn policy, more troops have died under Obama than Bush.......and more civilians too.......not to mention weve EXTENDED our wars past what Bush did......

Supplying arms to other regimens only to have them turned over to Radical Islamists that hate America......

Funneling arms across the border, and now it looks like Libya........

Give me a break.........

I agree with you that people seem to not care about the real issues..........but thats just the point.......

Every media outlet is rampaging this whole Tagg thing like its detrimental to the US and its not......all the while ignoring the huge issues that need to be takin care of.....

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I agree with you that people seem to not care about the real issues..........but thats just the point.......

Every media outlet is rampaging this whole Tagg thing like its detrimental to the US and its not......all the while ignoring the huge issues that need to be takin care of.....

You nailed it. Anything to avoid talking about Obama's record during the last 4 years. I think we can expect the media's focus on nonsense like this to increase all the way up to the election.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

really? how bout his WHOLE foriegn policy, more troops have died under Obama than Bush.......and more civilians too.......not to mention weve EXTENDED our wars past what Bush did......

Supplying arms to other regimens only to have them turned over to Radical Islamists that hate America......

Funneling arms across the border, and now it looks like Libya........

Give me a break.........

In deed, that is the point; the average voter does not care about any of this. The average voter cares about very few things. They care about the economy; well, technically they only care about their own bank account. They care about feeling safe within the borders of their own country. They want the government to stay out of their personal lives.

Rampaging? What news outlet are you watching/listening/reading? Sure the Tagg thing was brought up and then it was dropped in lieu of the new flavor of the day. It was only brought up again because Tagg apologized....tomorrow, this will be a non-story again. The only place I see a "rampage" is right here on ATS...and ATS is hardly what I would call a media outlet. Besides, the media is only reporting on dumbed down topics because that is what makes up most of their audience...if it's not tabloid journalism, then people tend to change the channel. This is the America we might as well get accustomed to; it isn't going to get any better.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
I make no apologies for my disgust of Romney and his supporters.

Right back at 'cha...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Ben81

At least he was man enough to own up to his inappropriate remark, and apologize. His Daddy raised him right...

Des

If he had raised him right, he wouldn't have made that mistake in the first place.

I was raised in a heavily populated Mormon community. Mormons are some of the most socially awkward people I have ever run across. Many of the ones I went to school with were very immature for their age.

Souce: My 18 years in a densley populated Mormon community.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join