It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney's son apologizes to Obama for 'swing' remark

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Originally posted by campanionator

Originally posted by Sparky63
Now if we can just get Obama to apologize for the last 4 years.
I think a "Mea Culpa" is definitely in order.

edit on 10/23/2012 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

I wonder if you guys will apologize for lying and making things up about the prez?

It's kind of hard for you guys to act holy when the lot of you propagate lies with such efficient
mastery.

I haven't lied or made up anything about Obama. I didn't vote for Bush and I'm not voting for Romney. I think you are barking up the wrong tree my friend. You'll have to pick a fight with someone else.
edit on 10/23/2012 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

I never said you voted for Bush or Romney, but I sure as hell have read your lies and distortions
regarding the POTUS.

I've read your posts

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
That remark came during a radio interview when he was asked HOW he felt about the POTUS calling his dad a liar...

It was a flippant "fantasy" remark not to be taken literally. He was just standing up for his dad.

It must be tough to be standing up for a liar. My heart goes out to him.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I have no stake in the american elections, but i do know that mormon beliefs are to create a theocratic political system in america, this is what old joe (The con man) smith preached, and the simple fact romney is a mormon bishop, means his went through the secret ceremony of devoting his life to creating a theodemocracy by doing whatever it takes, does this not worry some of you ?

Iran a theocracy political system but you all want to destroy it for that reason, but in the next breathe you vote for a Mormon-ruled theocracy, and before a lot of you start saying "oh but they are lovely people and polite to everyone" go study the true mormon teachings to understand what you are really voting for in romney.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
He never threatened the president. After the debate and after seeing someone badger his father he said he was angry and wanted to take a swing at the guy who badgered his father. A lot of people feel that way when they see a loved one being lied about and lied to. He shouldn't have said it outloud. He then apologized for voicing what he felt. No big deal. It's a non issue.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I see Tagg Romney has started his apology tour.

It's good to see that he apologized; it was the right thing to do.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He then apologized for voicing what he felt. No big deal. It's a non issue.
Well thank you for Deciding what is , and isnt an issue.
My Purdy ole head gets Confused on those things.

But again your wrong......

Him saying the statement, then Re-tracting the statement indeed made it an issue.

What would happen if another World Leader said a Nasty to his Poppa?

Would Tagg "lock and load"?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Being the son of Romney, I am sure he would only have apologized if he felt it would help his father's campaign.

Raised him right my ass, Mitt is a psycho.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

This is a DISCUSSION board. I"m voicing my opinion. IMHO it's a NON issue.
Geeeze ...

No .. my opinion isn't wrong. It's my opinion.
In my opinion it's an understandable comment and a non issue.

Project much? :shk:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Alxandro
When will the Obama followers apologize for their Romney assassination tweets?

www.infowars.com...

Sir, I would like to remind you that there is a double standard in America.

Obviously you have forgotten. Now go vote 7 times for Obama in order to apologize, or one of the Obama followers will tweet nasty things about your family.

(this post was brought to you by Hypocrites For Obama)

Is it Obama's kids sending the tweets? It was Romney's kid that made the comment so where is the double standard?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the guy is like 44, and he sounds like a kindergarten kid.

on top of that he's sounds like a fool, because if he really meant it, he would have punched the 10,000 times he was face to face with him.

and why wasn't he charged with threatening the president of the united states like 99% of the population would have been.

He didn't physically threaten him.

That remark came during a radio interview when he was asked HOW he felt about the POTUS calling his dad a liar...

It was a flippant "fantasy" remark not to be taken literally. He was just standing up for his dad.

Of course, once the MSM took it and ran with it, putting a spin to it, he apologized to Obama.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

You don't have to physically threaten the president to be charged. They will charge you on what you said at least they charge the peons.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Ben81

At least he was man enough to own up to his inappropriate remark, and apologize. His Daddy raised him right...

Des
And he didn't blame it on someone else (Bush, Tea Party, Fox News etc etc) for his own actions/remarks

edit on 24-10-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Thank you for the clarification. Context is everything.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Yet, if I or anyone else other than an elite said it, we would be in Gittmo right now under the NDAA.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It was all staged. We get this "SHOW" while they are conducting depopulation with nuclear plants and enviro destruction around the world. And bombing and killing children overseas. GEE ISN'T IT JUST SWELL!

These are what you call the cheese on all their mousetraps.

edit on 24-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

He never threatened the president. After the debate and after seeing someone badger his father he said he was angry and wanted to take a swing at the guy who badgered his father.

Translation: his father lost the debate and he was unhappy.

Well tough.

However, I wonder what's going on with "bonus letters" (so they call them in my kids' class) in the names of the Romneys... First it's Mitt, then it's Tagg. The last time I saw anything like that, it was Scrogg, and this was a nasty alien race in Quake 4. Hmm...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Asked in that interview what it's like "to hear the President of the United States call your dad a liar," Tagg Romney joked about his fantasy response.

"Jump out of your seat and you want to rush down to the debate stage and take a swing at him," he said. "But you know you can't do that because, well, first because there's a lot of Secret Service between you and him, but also because that's the nature of the process. You know they're going to try to do anything they can do to make my dad into something he's not."

"We signed up for it, we've got to kind of sit there and take our punches, and send them the other way," he continued.

Just another example of how something meant sarcastically gets taken out of context and blown out of proportion.
edit on 24-10-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

Totally agree. Wasn't the smartest thing to say, but just move on. Just like "you didn't build that", "binders full of women", "horses and bayonetes", etc, etc, etc - we've become sound-bite nation. Who tf cares about these out of context quips?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

My Purdy ole head gets Confused on those things.

Him saying the statement, then Re-tracting the statement indeed made it an issue.

What would happen if another World Leader said a Nasty to his Poppa?

WTFF?

The only reason it's an issue to Obama supporters is because it detracts from the real issue, that Obama can't run on his record.

Have some KoolAid,
...and pay no attention to the naked Emperor behind the curtain.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
While it's good that Tagg apologized; I also wonder WHY Tagg could make those remarks a few weeks ago and not be on the Secret Service list that would keep him away from Obama? We know darn well that if any of US had made that remark on a radio, we would NOT be allowed withing so many feet of the POTUS for the rest of his term.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Want to know why?

1% vs. 99%

There's your answer.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Translation: his father lost the debate and he was unhappy. Well tough.

You guys keep saying this, but the poll numbers say a lot different and have increased since Debate 1

Typical

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” Joseph Goebbels

edit on 24-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join