It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

play NES games with your web browser

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

omfg lode runner

I suspect that is Link moonlighting

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at
i found this site surfing google looking for game roms
there is a huge library of game titles to browse and you can play them all with your web browser using java.

www.nescafeplay.com...

click the "play game" tab for the full list of games

anyone remember shadowgate ?

one of my favorite games... playing it now

edit on 23-10-2012 by spaceg0at because: link

Does anyone know a website where one could play NES/SNES/*enter old console name here* with a friend or 2 online? I used to play Super Mario Kart with that 4-player adapter thing and it was awesome. Not quite like the MMORPG's now, but it would be great to have some fun with old friends.

Lima-1, out.
edit on 24-10-2012 by OperationIraqiFailure because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

First game I played...Mike Tyson's Punch Out! Love it, thank you very much for sharing

S&F

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

OFF TOPIC

I love you avatar. EPIC!!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I should also add that if you want to play other online games, such as classic mini golf, I recommend you go to:

www.candystand.com...

I always go there for either slap shot shoot out or mini golf. Enjoy gaming!

edit on 24-10-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

Great find!

I miss my old NES, I think I might buy myself a Nintoaster for Christmas.

Yes I remember Shadowgate, and I remember being frustrated every time I played it.

Aw...they don't have Ghost Lion

edit on 23-10-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

I still have my first Nofriendo, 2 controllers and the gun, 8 games, and all bundled in an original Mario Bros Nintendo Bag (like new)!

Haven't cracked that thing open for about 6 years now, but soon enough I will fire it up

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Uh Oh... I see Dragon Warrior..

My first and second NES have both ceased to work some time ago, and most of the games had already stopped working despite buying those cleaner kits..

Blow game push it in screen all blue. Almost starts.. Ok jiggle up and down a few times. See frozen opening sequence.. Come on Zelda you can do it.. Take game out blow even harder. Hold the game up in your hands..
Slowly push it back in to it clicks.. Turn on.. Works for 2 seconds and crashes.. Press reset 4 times..

game Starts:

Yes!
edit on 10/24/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Now if you really want to play a challenging game, try playing Ghosts N' Goblins

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ahh i miss the old school NES. I remember the blow, pop in, and pray technique
. Like mentioned earlier I would rather play Nestopia and have saves on my HD. I've played through Zelda, FF1 and Super Mario Bros many times.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thov420
Ahh i miss the old school NES. I remember the blow, pop in, and pray technique
. Like mentioned earlier I would rather play Nestopia and have saves on my HD. I've played through Zelda, FF1 and Super Mario Bros many times.

Yes.. I may or may not have just done that..

"It is told in ages past that Erdrick fought demons with a ball of light...
Then came the Dragonlord who stole the precious globe and hid it in the darkness
Now, dusty, thou must help us recover the ball of light and restore peace to our land.."

I think I'm going to need a club to get these slimes to die.. Dont' worry guys I will save us all.

edit on 10/24/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Cool, now I have something to do at work. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I was playing these all last night
thanks for the link, i love the old games

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
They have APPs that turn your smartphone into an emulater too. I've got a SuperNintendo on my Droid Razr. Super Mario RPG is my ish.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Damn you for showing me this site.... My production level at work has gone down the sh*tter.... It's been all contra and mega man today.....haha... I have already penciled in Castlevania for tomorrow...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Tecmo Bowl! ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I actually have a very barely used SNES in my closet that was given to me about 5 years ago but I havent even played it since getting it.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
Tecmo Bowl! ~$heopleNation

Oh hell yeah. The 2nd generation for SNES was awesome.

Not loading this though. It wants me to add a program I already have. Um, no.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Pretty wise my friend, I didn't either.

Super Nintendo Tecmo Superbowl? = One of the best NFL games ever made. The game play was like you were actually playing, not with over-bloated graphics that in a way ruined the early Madden games.

What made Super Nintendo's version so much better was obviously the graphics and game play, but the fact that it was sponsered by The NFL players association so that all the NFL team logos and most of the players were on the game. I remember there were a few players that refused to sign on with the game, but Nintendo was smart by including an application that allowed one to create a player.

It sounds like you're an old school Tecmo guy. Once you mentioned Super Nintendo's Tecmo game I knew you understood. Me and my friends had so many great battles with that game. The fumble and interception returns are unmatched even today. The Kick returns were great as well. Top of the list though, those end of the game hail mary's that nobody could defend even if you had a decent receiver! Brings back memories man. What a great game Tecmo was. ~$heopleNation

edit on 24-10-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Wow, an NES thread that does not mention Castlevania... I'll quickly remedy that,

I've gotta agree with another poster, Emulation is really the way to go, they even have joypad support, Add a PC friendly controller and you've got a one way ticket to nostalgia town. Give Ducktales a try on the NES, by far my favorite game on the console. (Sue me, I've always been a fan of good old Uncle $crooge.)

S&F for the OP for the nice laid back thread, Whatever you do, DON"T play "Dr Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde".... You've been warned.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
W... what's this? *squints and wipes cobwebs from eyes* This is... familiar, somehow. It's right on the tip of my tongue? Ah! I know! It's... can it be... ACTUAL VIDEOGAMES?!

That can't be right though, they don't exist anymore!

*Inspects games closely* Hmm. No sign of motion control. Nope, no touch screens, either. Nary a sign of any sort of tutorial. Some appear to require these book-like things called MANUALS. Hmmm. Not a trace of any sort of DLC or preorder content. Ah, yep, yep. Bright, colorful graphics instead of grey, washed out sepias. And what's this? I don't have to pay a used game pass fee to access all of the content?

But that would mean... by god! These ARE real videogames! *Faints*

*Wakes up, crawls over to dust covered crate with USB gamepads and plugs one in*
edit on 10/25/2012 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join