It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket Launch In Colorado

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

I'm sure lots of people saw it.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It was Obama testing a bunker capsule for the event in which the bunker under the airport is compromised.

He must have all bases covered in the event that the magnetic field switches, exposing us to niburu after a massive solar flare changes the trajectory of the spacestation and it crash lands on the white house lawn.

After which it is reported on CNN that in fact comet halebop saved us from niburu and we are currently witnessing a blizzard of epic proportions from the ice crystal fallout of Hale bop.

Which in turn the scientists are no longer worried about global warming and sled sales reach an all time high.

I just love rocket launches

edit on 23-10-2012 by liejunkie01 because: phone spelling

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I do appreciate your help mayne im sure its nothing!

reply to post by Phage

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajniss
would you figure it came from the base in the general direction it did actually looked like it did im so glad im not the only one that saw this would you say it was fast?

reply to post by Firewater

Well, im all the way down in Colorado Springs. So it was quite a distance, but it was a little bit East of the direction of Denver. And all I could see was the trail, but not what had made it. But i'm pretty sure that when I saw it the rocket was already gone. Because the contrail I saw was not getting any longer. It just seemed to start on one end, then gradually became more and more spiraled, then the contrail just stopped after that.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ajniss

I'm sure lots of people saw it.

Well, out of the ten or so people in the general area at the time that I had seen it, I was the only person to notice it. And, like I said, I definitely thought it strange. But not recognizing it as something I had seen before, I just kinda shrugged my shoulders and went on with my day. I am thinking that a lot of other people may have done the same. Heck, if I hadn't have seen this thread, it more than likely would have never crossed my mind again.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

The Govt. is sending a love rocket to the Aliens.....lol

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
It was Obama testing a bunker capsule for the event in which the bunker under the airport is compromised.

Hmmm....Is Buckley anywhere near DIA?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kabayu

Not Funny

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
no dia not even close to buckley

reply to post by Firewater

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
What I saw could best be described as a corkscrew shape positioned diagonally in the distant sky. Would a rocket make that kind of contrail?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajniss
s7.postimage.org...

s11.postimage.org..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Hello everybody on my way to work today i happened to look up and saw a rocket being launched in to space by Buckley Air Force Base did my research found out nothing was posted i tried sending it to the local news nothing was posted or replied back to me figred i post the pictures on here if any of you were in the area or lives in colorado hope you guys heard something here it is!

Its an airplane contrail for # sake. At least this one wasn't taken at sunset. That's what I was expecting.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Looks like a jet contrail to me. Among other things rocket trails don't tend to be intermittent. Perspective can do funny things.

Hi Phage,
Maybe its just Maverick and Goose doing fly by? :-)
RM
edit on 24-10-2012 by RocketMan0266 because: NSR

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

Hello everybody on my way to work today i happened to look up and saw a rocket being launched in to space by Buckley Air Force Base did my research found out nothing was posted i tried sending it to the local news nothing was posted or replied back to me figred i post the pictures on here if any of you were in the area or lives in colorado hope you guys heard something here it is!

If you observed it for more than a minute or two, it was almost certainly a contrail. However, it is possible that it was a very small sounding rocket that was launched to collect data about the upper atmosphere.* In that case, you would probably have seen a parachute deploy. A contrail makes the most sense.

* It was not. No Notice To Airmen (NOTAM).

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
lets say for instance that this road is east west orientated. that could be as simple as a plane taking off from the next air port. since it looks like its going strait up but its an illusion.

more than likely it was heading towards you while in its assent. keep in mind commercial flights do go up some 150 ish miles more more and military planes almost reach space.
edit on 23-10-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

What the heck are you talking about ?? Commercial flights go up to 150ish miles, would be up at 792,000 ft. !! Most commercial flights are at 30-35,000 ft.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I live on Iliff and Buckley (about 1 mile from Buckley AFB) in Aurora CO.

Yesterday on the way home (about 4:00pm MST) the sky over buckley had the most unusual contrail formation.

It looked like a capitol 'A' but not laying down against the sky, it looked like it was standing straight up, with the two long sides going straight up and one contrail going across.

When I looked at your picture and judging by the direction you took it from (looks like you were heading North on 225 at Parker Road). It does line up with one of the two verticle sides of the 'A' I saw at 4:00pm heading home.

A few questions:

What time of day did you take that picture?
Could a second rocket have been launched afterwards providing the second side of the 'A' I saw in the sky (no doubt the cross beam contrail was a plane landing at DIA)?

Your picture looks exactly like the rockets I used to watch launch at VAFB in California while my dad was director for aerospace engineering in the USAF. I was just trying to understand what i saw yesterday afternoon, and your picture is providing me with a solid explination.

Let me know.

God Bless,
edit on 24-10-2012 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ajniss

In the direction of the base perhaps but I don't see how you can say it came from the base.
I can't find anything which indicates Buckley has launch facilities. The 460th operates the DSP satellites but those are launched from Vandenberg.

Buckley has launch capibilities, for rare occations and for top secret defense systems testing. They even have a small amount of nuclear ICBMs, however most of those are stored and would be launched from the Chatfield base area in SW Denver on the other side of the Flatirons.

You are correct in that Buckley's primary purpose is command of Defense satelites.

God Bless,

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
okay, first off i live in Titusville Florida, you know, that place where NASA is (Kennedy Space Center).

I have seen well over a hundred rockets launch and witnessesd nearly every shuttle launch after 1986, though since i was child many of the early ones i do not remember but most i do.

Now, let me say, this, indeed, to me appears to be a rocket launch, the trail begins thick at the bottom and stretches (or appears to stretch) thin. Just like a rocket.

In my humble opinion this is a rocket.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

Just like a rocket.

Just like a jet contrail.

blog.metservice.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

astute as always Phage.

however, i am not swayed.

still appears to be a rocket to this one.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Missle test maybe?

Also, maybe small rocket (i.e. University Rocket Club or something like that?)

It looks contrail-ish, but the perspective does make it look ascending.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join