It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Kind of Stupidity Do You Deal With?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I want to try to!

A couple of months ago I took my laptop to be checked out because it made a strange noise. I signed it in and was told to come back a week later to pick it up.

When I go back, the girl asks for some other documents, which I'm currently updating (due to the slowness of the system here it's taking a long time). She tells me I can't have the laptop back until I present the papers required, like it says on the receipt.

I tell her the receipt she gave me says I only needed the warranty papers and that she had told me it would be enough with all the personal details she was asking and my signature. She says they are going to keep my laptop for a set period of time for free and then I'm going to have to pay for the storage. I show her the damn receipt and much to her shock it doesn't say ANYWHERE to bring the other documents. (I wouldn't have left it if that had been the case, knowing my papers were still buried under some huge pile in a governments office, probably.)

Then she proceeds to apologize profusely, (she had checked the receipt several times but didn't notice) but she still couldn't give me my computer back.

She called her supervisor and explained she had made a mistake and now had an angry customer. The guy told her, after arguing with her for a while (berating her for the mistake and not paying attention) to ask me the numbers in the other papers they required, if what I told her matched the ones they had then they could return my computer. The numbers matched and off I went with my laptop.

I was so mad, they were going to keep it because of a stupid mistake THEY made

Ah, that was kind of long, sorry.

But dammit, do your jobs properly, people!

edit on 26-10-2012 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

So if some people weren't stupid you would be out of a job?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join