Guys, ive been meaning to post this for while, but my issues are now coming to a head.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Your issue is that your mind is living in tomorrow while your body is here now. You're worring about a future and forgetting the moment you are living today.
You may be in a rut or have too much routine. Break it. Do things spontaneously.Challenge yourself in some way, define a new goal for yourself and start.
Life is now, not yesterday, not next year - not even next hour.
Blow some bubbles with the kid down the street, try some ethnic food you've never tried, work on learning some phrases in a foreign language that you might like knowing.
Most of all get physically active,
Do that and the rest will follow for you and you'll stop worrying so much about death.
Dying only sucks if we've never lived.

Best advice I've read in a long time... I could use that myself.

OP... I know where you are coming from. I've been more in touch with those feeling myself lately. I think it's about loosing the sense of immortality that one had during the teens and 20s. The whole world was still ahead, an entire life.
Now past 30 ones body starts to ache, you start forgetting, time seems to speed up and your ambitions aren't in sync with your accomplishments etc.
All that leads to worrying and worrying leads to looking at the future; "is there enough time" "how long do I have" and so on and so on.... the advice to live here and now is great. It's not about being laissez-faire... it's just being in touch with yourself here and now.

No matter when your time is or comes, you can't do a single thing about it. That is why you have to let go... forget what may come. In the end your life will extinguish with a massive release of dopamine and what not and your pineal gland will thrust your perceptions in such a way that you'll be thinking that you are going some place special. The whole story about your life flashing by is probably true... think of it as your mind being a block of computer ram, being flushed. Wauw... what a sensation that must be.

Life is a cycle; your body will become part of this closed system that Earth is and be recycled as something different. At first probably a plant or something like that.
But we are not special as a species.... we are just here now. And because we can't fathom that we are not special... because we have been cursed with a need of a purpose, we choose to believe in myths and fairytales in all shapes and sizes. Although the most sensible one I can think of is not a religion but a philosophy (buddhism)... the rest unfortunately has been tainted with deceit and mind control. Every last one of them.

So "find yourself"... believe in you... believe in now and live now. Nothing you can think of that might or may not occur in the future will change anything, noone you pray to will make your life last longer or take you a special place when your body seize to exists in the shape it is now.

You are what you are until you are no more.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This fear is a very common one to pop up. Fear of death can be very overwhelming and really get one thinking about all sorts of things pertaining to life. No matter what is said on here or what books you read that the people on here tell you to, you might not get any of your questions answered. Then again, that might all work for you.
I would suggest meditation. I started and within a few days had an experience that is indescribable. You could call it an all knowing or all connectedness. It changed my life and got rid of my fear of death ( I didn't know I had).
A lot of people believe meditation is good to relax but it can be so much more. I urge everyone to take the time and learn this amazing skill.
Take care, you will find your answers.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I suggest you look into the NDE literature. Check out NDERF.org for a vast library of near death experiences. Materialist scientists like to complain that this is all anecdotal and cannot be "proven" scientifically, but that is just putting on blinders and refusing to observe what is going on in the real world.

There are too many people having these types of experiences to dismiss it all as fantasy or oxygen deprivation. Like UFO sightings, even if it is not replicable, when you have enough cases from enough credible people, you start to get an idea of what is true and what is not.

Look at law, journalism, or history, and you see that lots of things in life are not scientifically provable, but are nonetheless accepted by everyone. The only reason people do not accept the reality of the Afterlife is because it goes against their every-day experience, which is that we are all meat puppets. But there is probably a reason for that. I suspect our life here is just a fancy virtual reality system, designed to keep us fooled, so we take it seriously.

From my studies, I have concluded that if we actually remembered where we came from and where we are going, we would see this life as a big joke, and we'd not be able to get anything done for all the laughter!

See you on the other side, my friend!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Okay this will be way too over simplified, but without going into reams of material I'll boil down my personal coping philosophy into a couple of sentences - when confronted with the unknowable and you can basically 'create your own reality', create the one that makes you feel best. There are some things beyond our capacity to know. You might as well believe the one that lets you live happiest. It has as much chance of being right as the one causing angst and despair. Works for me, anyway. (That's a baby step, but it starts there, IMO).

I'd also suggest you pop into the Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics Forum occasionally. IMO, some of the best and most intelligent discussions on the site are in there. Some of the sharpest members hang in that forum, and good conversation can be had.

Hang in there.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Dear thedoctorswife,

I do hope you are well and have a tasty cider, I shall stick to red wine.

You experience emotions and life, that means you exist. If you ceased to exist then you wouldn't remember any of it and it would not matter to you, nothing to be worried about there. If you continued to exist then the question would be in what form, the body is just a transportation tool for our thoughts, a visual representation if you will. I personally had a near death experience and while I will not discuss that, I will discuss how it began.

My doctors had been telling me that I was going to die from a heart attack or stroke because of my blood pressure and some other physical anomalies (triglycerides of 960+, too many red blood cells...). I was under great pressure and tried to get away to Las Vegas, along the way my blood pressure spiked and I had to pull over. I was beginning the process of a heart attack, that is scary. As it progressed I began thinking about my life, the doctors had already told me what I would experience and I started wondering if I had lived the life I wanted. It was actually a very calm moment, when you know you are dying, all the little things just don't matter anymore. In those moments I began to forgive everyone, the ex that cheated on me, those who had harmed me or cheated me, everyone, I didn't want to leave with the baggage. I have been with others when they died and have seen the same thing, not all; but, many feel a great sense of relief as the moment comes.

The fear of death is used to control us, it causes us to be overly cautious and not live what we believe. Since the time I mentioned, my health has improved greatly, mostly because the stress went away. Now, I don't want to imply that I am fearless, in fact, a year ago I was driving on a windy mountain road with very deep drops on either side when snow appeared and I was in the middle of a white out (could not see two feet in front of me), my car began loosing traction and cars in front of me and behind me were spinning out of control. I was absolutely terrified, not of death as much as of being in a wreck and left on top of the mountain (or worse yet, the bottom). Fortunately, I knew that at the top of the mountain was a bar and thanks to God, I made it.

As for your description of heaven, we really don't know. While the Near Death Experience is real and their are many commonalities discussed regardless of one's religion or background, it seems to also be very individual. If we live beyond this body, it does not mean that we cease evolving as a emotional and thinking being, maybe we just continue growing and learning having achieved the job of this earth, which in my opinion is exercising our free will and defining ourselves by how we do respond to the trials and joys of this world. Peace.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I would not mind coming back as a stray dog...I would get anything that moves and hump it.....

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You need to seek a little harder, ie. the precious pearl, the astral body, lucid dreams and astral projection and there is alot of information tutorials, pdf's even youtube videos to assist. And setting those attentions each night, training your mind to value your night time and dream work. Once you do this, you would never fear any of this.

Another thing I really recommend is, before sleep and meditation, to pour out your heart, to ask to see what you are blocked from, to unblock and heal, grow, progress and assist all others. Report for duty to your Soul and Family of Love or the Highest Love and Goodness in existence. And, ask questions, how to help in this situaiton, or how to turn this around, and what you are to learn here. Doing this regularly, brings answers and they can be quite revealing ie. Guides, Angel-ETs, your own family that has passed on, kind of gateway experience answers, where you start to really see beyond this veil and this facade we're doing here.

Lots of Love!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

There's nothing childish about it.

When we were young, we thought we'd live forever, right? Our parents were always there for us when things went bad and we could rely on them to fix things and make it ok again.

So the fact that you know you won't live forever and life is hard, is a sign you're growing up. Maybe even growing old. Ultimately, standing on our own means confronting these things.

It's just like in life when a young adult leaves their parent's home and gets into an apartment. (It's a small victory in life, but it feels big for them.) But they also must face all of the challenges and pains that come with being independent. Sometimes these obstacles can be so intense that they cripple us and take everything away that we've accomplished. But this is the price of freedom and independence, right? This is how we learn. Like it or not, people who went out into the world and made their own path and coped with these risks and responsibilities are the reason we exist at all.
edit on 25-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The only people that fear death are the criminal and rapist

Ten Courts of Hell

Death is only the beginning for others .. its EVOLUTION !
each and everyone live many many lifetimes
our souls cant die it evolve into a very powerfull god like being

dont be to attach to small things during this lifetime
but get attach to everything with unconditional love
also dont wish death to come sooner to you .. there is no rush
your soul is so much more stronger then your body and your mind
thats why its important to get the maximum karma point for your soul
bring the balance to you and learn during this lifetime
you dont remember who you are for many reason
life is a physical test .. you pass of you fail !

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I've bookmarked your thread for when I have a little extra time to respond. I've actually discovered something that may help you a lot, but it does take a bit to properly explain it. The bottom line is that yes, you are already eternal, and that when your body finally dies, you'll be surprised afterward at what a non-event it actually was.

More shortly.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I agree with the masses here. I think if you spend too much time worrying, you won't have time to live your new life. Get out there and enjoy!

Cheers from Texas.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

I've bookmarked your thread for when I have a little extra time to respond. I've actually discovered something that may help you a lot, but it does take a bit to properly explain it. The bottom line is that yes, you are already eternal, and that when your body finally dies, you'll be surprised afterward at what a non-event it actually was.

More shortly.

Y'know....I thought about this, and I remember that a few weeks or so ago, I posted a very comprehensive explanation of how the human brain literally "manufactures" the eternal human being, and how this is very different than the traditional "spirit/energy" concept of human mind and consciousness. In this overview, I also went into the specific mechanics involved in death, NDEs and OBEs, as far as the experience of it for the mind itself, and why that experience is what it is (generally speaking, of course). In fact, this explanation ended up taking quite a number of posts to accomplish, so I just think it'd be best if I simply provided you the link to that thread's first post of that long series.

reply to post by NorEaster

Now, keep in mind that trying to address an enormous question like "What happens when I die" must involve a lot of background information and the laying of a proper foundation for that information to rest upon, and in this specific overview I do try to be as brief as I can be in providing as much of this as possible. That said, you may find extra bits of information on the one hand, and a dearth of specifics on the other, since this essay was not written precisely with your exact question in mind. It will answer the larger question of "can we know that we will live on?", and it can be helpful in addressing the additional concern about what this eternal sentience may be as an experience in its own right.

The summary - again - is that you have already achieved eternal existence, and no one (or nothing) is capable of ever stealing that away from you. You can't be imprisoned regardless of which or how many sins you've committed. No God, All, Great Pumpkin, Jesus, Mohamed, or Uber Consciousness exists to judge you or reward you for anything (or everything) you've done (or haven't done) while your brain has built YOU since the moment you were born. There's no predestination, no fate, no destiny, and (best of all) no reincarnation, unless you can be fully and firmly convinced that your delusional "escapades" into the material realm are real (which is no real feat since your eternal existence is 100% based on subjective perception). In short, none of what you've been told about reality and the human being is true - and that's the good news here.

As this human race slowly exits Pisces' mystically decorated Land of Oz, this information will be come much more mainstream and the logic and physics that give it foundation will be much better understood. For now, though, I figured it might help you to have a quick glimpse at a tiny bit of it.

Relax. You've already won. Not that there was ever a real good/bad salvation struggle that actually existed to begin with.
edit on 10/25/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

That actually was quite interesting and real, in the sense this is shadow, and its people who are being roped into this way of experiencing, punishment, tough love and weird lessons. And seeing through and seeing infinity, forgiveness, growth, others, love and not buying into the story we're in, is a big importance to me.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Hey there,thedocswife,no you're certainly not pathetic or childish for worrying about your mortality,i think if we are all honest enough,we can admit that each and everyone one has thought of the transition with fear/at least worry.I worried when i was younger,and it does make me a bit sad that my kids will miss me sorely,but that's life.The very word Death seems a misnomer,though,i have always understood that its only a doorway.Energy cannot be destroy,us as Souls cannot be snuffed out.Its because its a journey into the unknown, the transformation from the flesh suit back into spiritform,the unknown would of course cause feelings of trepidation in most people,its normal.It IS only a doorway though,that which people call death.I believe upon getting out of the conveyance/flesh suit here,in spiritform we can choose to return to Source,or choose to incarnate elsewhere in the omniverse,maybe even in human form again,in a parallel universe.We certainly dont end,we cannot.THAT is what i used to find disturbing at times when i was sick of even existing in Any form,in the years of my depressive disorder.Im sure at some point many of us have wished there Was a true "death",a snuffing out,from exhaustion,mentaly/piritual/emotional exhaustion.In a way,i do see it as a great adventure,i guess.We have so many restrictions here,and if you're not wealthy,life here can amount to not much more than a "grind",and a struggle,with all one's energy+time going into making ends meet,no chance of even seeing+experiencing the beauty of this world.Well,when we go through the doorway,its a new beginning,i believe.Still,it can be a daunting prospect,so very different from what we have become used to here,eh :-) ? You'll be just fine when the time comes,and you will instinctively know what to do,we did this before,you too.The "forgetting" that we enter this world with,falls away then,if if not before.Well,thats how i see it, my 2cents :-) wishing you peace and contentment.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
You can remember anyone that has died - and a memory is all that it takes.

So, can you ever "die" if at least one person is "alive"?
edit on 28-10-2012 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Not much is certain in this life. Not much. But when God the Creator utters a promise--- to you, you can take that and hold onto it will all of your life. God doesn't lie.

Hypothetical scenerio... If you were God almighty, and you had all kinds of people who followed you... There's probably a lot, but what would be the main thing you would want to communicate with them? I would think that it would be to let them know that 'everything will be OK' in the end.

25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
John 11:25-26 NKJV

Believing in Jesus gives one a special assurance- that if/when someone dies, they will be with Him. Before, when I just believed that He existed, there was no assurance there. Once I made a concious decision and accepted Jesus into my heart/life (and asking Him to forgive me of my sins)... The assurance is there. So no matter what happens... I will be OK. -That- I can rely on.

link to tract

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Hi Sian,

I think it's amazing that there are so many different opinions on what happens when we die.

But, I think that I might fall into the category of those that you "don't get" (sorry!)

In the absence of any good verifiable data which can point me in the direction of any better theories, I'm quite happy to accept that I don't know what happens to my energy / essence / spirit when I die, and so I am quite happy to accept the distinct possibility that it might just be game over and lights out when my time comes.

The reason that I am happy to accept that possibility is very simple:
If it is true, that my existence will be completely extinguished when I die, then I won't be here to worry about it.
I won't feel it, see it, hear it etc. because I won't exist any more.

I have children, so in a way I suppose that I will live on through them, but I am certainly not going to waste any time or energy worrying about not being here "spiritually" in person any more.

Now, if another possible outcome comes into play, and my essence is transformed into something else, then great! a second... (or fifty second???) chance!! I look forward to it, bring it on!

But there's no point in fretting either way.
Like birth, growth and everything else that life throws at us, death is just another part of it all. An inevitable consequence of having existed in the first place, and I'm fine with that.

Now... pass the Cider!!

GTD

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LaurentiusIX

I suggest you look into the NDE literature. Check out NDERF.org for a vast library of near death experiences. Materialist scientists like to complain that this is all anecdotal and cannot be "proven" scientifically, but that is just putting on blinders and refusing to observe what is going on in the real world.

You can study the NDEs... but keep in mind that all the people who had NDEs have essentially only had 1/2 of the after-death experience. Why would I say this? It seems that if you read a lot of NDE accounts, everybody ends up in some kind of after-life fantasy-land. This is not the case.
ETA: The emphasis here is the word -NEAR- in the term: NDE.
Many NDEs are terrifying and not shared. Some brave souls do share...

a hellish NDE

passed through hell

heard many in torment

describes the devil as the prosecuting attorney in a court scene

So the only way you can really be certain that you will have a good after-life exprience is to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

Some nice NDEs:

woke up in their heavenly house

Christian NDE

NDE of an old woman
edit on 28/10/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

your only as old as you feel , get out into our lovely welsh air , wrap up and go for nice walk , you will be feeling better in no time ! snowdonia is beautifull this time of year

me myself i think there is more to death than to just lying in a box 6ft under , i hope my soul flys freely among the stars

rascal
edit on 8-12-2012 by RascalTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)
edit on 8-12-2012 by RascalTruthSeeker because: spelling mistakes lol , fixed wht i could see

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Reply to post by shaneslaughta

I think this is such an interesting concept.

I either think that nothing happens, or that our "soul" is just explainable by science as energy, and that the energy/matter will be replaced into other things is a possible way of defining reincarnation, although we won't know until we're dead.

Like they say, roughly 1% of our atoms used to be Shakespeare's atoms, there is nothing new under the sun, either we are our own person, or we are split-up versions of a small number of people, whose consciousness is literally split up into individual people as those people's energy from way back when.

I guess i'm rambling, i'm not very good at articulating in words how I think about these things, perhaps the wrong terminology was used.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join