It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guys, ive been meaning to post this for while, but my issues are now coming to a head.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
No one knows what will happen after death, but likely it will just be a new beginning. My personal views are along the lines of reincarnation. I think we are here to learn lessons in order to help us spiritually grow, lessons that will be continued in the next lifetime.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Death is something we have zero control over. Sure we can prolong it, but it's inevitable. You can fear alien abduction, you can fear a Bigfoot attack, but to fear death will consume you. Death is as natural as life is. The best you can do is to try to live your life now to it's fullest and have few to no regrets. If you approach each new day as if it might be your last, you will find so many things you missed. I doubt anyone can actually do that on a regular basis, but when you try it, it works.

And don't worry about the afterlife. It's a nice place with free beer. Oh, and kittens.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I cannot relate to people who are afraid of death. It makes me feel badly, because apparently it is very common, and is very painful- I wish I could empathize better! I realize it just enough to be aware that my attitude comes off as flippant to them, and I do not wish to offend.

I cannot grasp the desire to continue existing that they describe. I have nothing against it- if I have a soul and continue in some form, cool! But if I don't- that's just as good. I will not suffer if it is so, I will not be saying crap, I got ripped off! There is nothing after !

Imagining the world continuing to turn, and people continuing to do their thing, with me no longer a part of it is not troublesome to my mind.

How can anyone feel it important that you exist??? I mean, amongst all the many many life forms that exist at any given moment, how can YOUR existence mean anything more to you? I don't know.
I guess the closest I can get to stirring up some existential angst on mortality is to imagine the whole earth ceasing to exist- all the life here coming to an end. That idea stirs some anxiety. That would really suck.

I admit though, that this leave me vulnerable to suicide, which I have attempted when younger. My aversion to pain, and a sense that I have some sort of mission to fulfil first, usually is enough to keep me from checking out.

But honestly that sense of having something to do is waning now, and if I found out I had any sort of disease that would cause me pain for a logn time or something, I would definately arrange to kill myself as soon as possible. (and I hope my family would support me).
edit on 24-10-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I dont understand peoples "laissaz fair" atiitude, " what will be, will be. Oh and "we've all got to die sometime". I cant relate to any of the aboves atitudes. I mean how can anyone be ok with death being the final thing and thats the end of you.

I feel ya, but what choice do any of us have? There are plenty of people trying to ferret out ways to avoid death, but it hasn't worked so far. Unless of course you want to be cryogenically preserved next to ol' Walt.

And, I believe you do have an inkling of what your soul was like before this life. Don't you have some intuitions? Instincts? Desires? Peeves? Don't you have some concept of right and wrong, and some longing to understand the meaning of all of this?

You'll be just fine, but you have to remember to count every second of this physical incarnation as a blessing and strive to do something with it. No more time-wasters! No more mind-numbing, emotion-killing habits or meds. Embrace the good, the bad, and the ugly, because it is all part of the experience.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hello thedoctorswife....I know you don't know me here (I read a lot but rarely post much)....but I actually haven't seen you on the boards for a while and was wondering if you're ok.....
As far as your message goes....I feel exactly the same way hun! For me, it began just after I watched my father take his last breath in a nursing home. (He had been abusive....we had been estranged for many years....but I chose to be with him and love him at the "end").
Instead of feeling good....or proud of myself for doing the 'right' thing.....I became sad.
I also became obsessed with.....what comes next.
I spend a lot of time alone, and also look after my mother-in-law (86 with Altzheimers).....
Now that the kids are grown and gone.....instead of encouraging young minds to thrive and LIVE....I have been trying to comfort and help people who are at the 'end' of their lives.
I think many of us reach a point where we start thinking about our own mortality.....it really can be scary.
jacygirl

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
We naturally say "When I came IN to the world". = Birth
When I go "out" of this world' = Death

But it makes more sense to say "When I came OUT of the world" when talking about our birth.

Looked at this way death isn't as scary as we think.

Death then would not be some big scary "OUT" experience for us, it would be quite the natural "IN" experience.

Food for thought.

edit on 24-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I think this makes sense when it speaks of the soul
From Tablet 4 for instance

Thy bodies are nothing but planets revolving
around their central suns.
When ye have gained the light of all wisdom,
free shall ye be to shine in the ether --
one of the Suns that light outer darkness --
one of the space-born grown into Light.

www.crystalinks.com...

If you get a chance read them I think they make so much sense
edit on 24-10-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
I mean how can anyone be ok with death being the final thing and thats the end of you.

Sorry to be jumping in here at this point in the thread, but I wanted to add my thoughts to this and add something that at least helps me understand my mortality.

It comes down to the difference in believing that you are a body occupied by a soul, or are a soul temporarily residing in a body.

I believe the latter.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa

That's because your entire post is about the fear you face with the death of your ego. To me, all person's ego's die when they die, as that is the outcome of the biological computing our brains do. Your personality, likes, dislikes, goals, dreams, etc - are all byproducts of your physical brain.

What passes on, is the electricity that ran the neural networks of your brain, and this can easily be called your soul. It's the energy that gives your body life, that moves onto the wider universe when it's freed from your body upon death.

If you're really curious - read the book "'___': The Spirit Molecule"

This was an interesting discussion

HOLY COW! Findings in Quantum Biology Proves Existence of IMMATERIAL SOUL!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You know? Ive been that way of late myself. Death of loved ones, a suicide tradgedy finding the victim, heart and health issues...I could go on, but its pointless. Everyone, everywhere has some "cross-to-bear" you know?

And its not like youre going to die and come "alert" on the other side saying "Ouch! Boy that really hurt!" I tend to think these days as death is a continuing saga of the soul. Another chapter in an interesting book.

You can take each day and make something of it, or be depressed over your lot in life. The choice is yours. Make the most out of your days.

Perhaps you could look at it as "life beyond the veil"...or the Great Saga of the Soul. Somehow deep down I think of it that way. Just let me do a little good each day and help someone else.

Thanks for letting me voice my opinion....

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

My son talks to me about that. Dad I dont want to live in eternity he says. I think it bothers him. I tell him you wont be living in eternity because there will be no time. You will just be in the "NOW". if you think it it will be there. if you want an apple it will be there. If you believe in god and Jesus then you would know that Jesus was trying to tell us something. Before Araham I was. He just "was" So there isnt time. Time is a man made thing.

GL and dont worry about that. Worry about how your gonna die. Thats what I worry about. Asked my dad if he was worried about dying and he said no. worries about how he is gonna die. he died in aug of last year. I think he and my mom are in the ether bore assing each other

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I also look at death as birth into the new world. Birth was coming into existence, learning everything as a "human" in a dimension. death will be a rebirth into a new dimension. We cannot even begin to fathom what it would be like. Sometime I cant wait!!! We never die there is no death just rebirths. hence the tunnel of light.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
i often drift into thoughts of death and now take comfort in these words by a person with a slightly higher IQ than me lol.

on the death of a close friend:

"Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

- Albert Einstein

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I can't understand why you would worry? What are you going to do? Cheat the devil?People have a more laid back attitude about death because it DOES come for us all. There is nothing you can do to stop it.

I remember having a conversation with my mother-in-law years ago about death.You couldn't talk about it or anything to do with it at all in front of her,she would totally freak out.Finally one day I said to her "why are you acting like this? You claim to be religious but your faith must be weak to be so upset by death.You not young anymore,you will die as will we all.You need to come to grips with death before it's too late.You don't have to think about it non-stop but neither try to deny it either.

She had to have surgery on her brain a year later and was in a coma for almost 2 weeks,when she came out,she told me that now she was fine with death. Whatever had happened to her during those 2 weeks had calmed her.That was a good thing since she ended up dying just a year after that.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Love endures, life is just a cycle.

This is the best advice there is IMO.

As the song says, "If you find someone to love in this world you better hang on tooth and nail.....the wolf is always at the door".

Sometimes that wolf is thoughts like those you're having, that make you doubt things. Don't doubt it honey, love is stronger then people realize. Spend each day focusing on that. Death is something you can't control so there's no use worrying about it. The love you give and receive while you're alive is something you can control though. Make yourself available for it, and if you can't......go to it when it calls for you. Anything, just take it however it comes. It feels good and it will keep your mind off that buzz kill called death. Or any other negative emotion you're feeling.

I used to have those same thoughts years ago when I didn't have anyone, so I just medicated them. If you have someone and you're having thoughts like that.....tell them how much you love them. Show them. Put yourself out there. Showing your vulnerability makes you stronger. Make yourself invisible by making your feelings and intentions transparent. Screw what anyone else thinks. Go with your gut instinct, it won't let you down.

If I had someone when I was younger to tell me these sorts of things I wouldn't have lived like a rolling stone for as long as I did. It wasn't a very positive experience and when you love someone, you don't want them to go through what you did. Again, if you love someone, show them.

It's kind of heavy, I know, so just take it light. Serious but light.

I'm here for you if you need me

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
"Our bodies come from the stars, our souls come from the nothing beyond."

- Homeless Joe

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Sorry if this sounds pathetic and childish, but recently ive been thinking deeply about my own mortality and whether my body survive when it dies and releases my soul.
I dont understand peoples "laissaz fair" atiitude, " what will be, will be. Oh and "we've all got to die sometime". I cant relate to any of the aboves atitudes. I mean how can anyone be ok with death being the final thing and thats the end of you.
I will admit that even thought i do beleive in a "God" creator, the whole topic of what comes next, and how long will it go on for? (eternity) scares. me.. I cannot entertain the idea that my soul is immortal. I cant see me, Mrs Ordinary sitting alongside God in heaven, because im "special" and apparantly we're all gods children, , and if so, why cant i even have an inckling of the concept that my soul was around before my birth.
Honestly, these death related worries are coming to me too often these days.(dont worry i wont do anything silly, im far too scared of dying). I m starting to feel my mortality, pains in knees and all that crap.

its just that when i get those dark moments, i d like to look back on this thread and read maybe some wisdom from my buddies on ATS, and hope that those witty/ intelligent comments will get me through my black period.
thanks in advance
Sian
ps, i refuse to wear wings in heaven, its so last season..
(notreallyadrswife

edit, i always come up with this sort o thing when ive had too my cider. Yet it does not make it any less pertinant to me,
edit on 23-10-2012 by thedoctorswife because: addition of beer goggles lol

There is really no need to go to god for any of this... the answers are there and science is catching up. Please check out the video from this other thread as well as the comments. It might help to open up some minds.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I had this thought the other day.. I was thinking about the meat suit we're all forced to carry around, and I was wondering what the benefits of the meat suit were... which weren't many benefits. The meat suit must be cared for, the meat suit needs to rest, the meat suit needs food and water as well..

I was thinking that the human body is SO complex, why is it that we're born to die? Why can't the meat suit do more than it's suppose to? I believe we're souls all trapped in a bag a flesh and are forced to take on massive amounts of limitation.

If I figure out how to upgrade my meat suit, I'll share it here

edit on 10/24/2012 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

It is not childish to have these desires to understand. I recently, started a thread on this very topic. Here are some of the things I have to say:

Pure energy does not die, it is recycled. This is my feelings about reincarnation. I do not necessarily believe we will inhabit another human body every time we ascend, but rather our soul has many different forms it has inhabited. The nature of energy is very difficult to comprehend for most. Where did our soul come from and where is it going has been a philosophical dilemma for ages. Any opinion is subjective, based on our belief structure/religious upbringing. There can only be one truth though. Semantics usually play a large part in how we word things individually, but essentially say the same thing. All religions/spiritual actions derived from the same source, just worded differently. For instance, praying/meditation are essentially the same thing just worded differently. So, death could be another word for reincarnation, also. God/higher power = same thing. I could give many examples but I think the point has been made. Either way, we do exist in some form and it is for us to decide why, but we still have a responsibility to our fellow souls to be the best we can be, do not let fear control you, let LOVE guide you.

I do believe we all have lessons to learn and it will take many lifetimes to do so. I, also, believe we are here in this human form right now. To create a higher awareness and to assist younger souls and misguided souls to the path of spiritual enlightenment. We have many dimensions in which we incarnate at different times for this very purpose. There is a vibrational resonance each soul achieves, the higher the frequency the more capable of understanding. this is subjective and adjustable from moment to moment, life to life, soul to soul. In other words you can progress or regress depending on circumstances and how you do handle them. If someone does commit a murder that is without just cause (self-defense) or to protect another defenseless person, they still will have something to overcome, perhaps they feel justified in their actions but still feel guilt for taking another life, they me a hero but unable to live with their actions and regress. Or they may handle it completely different and allow themselves or the other person to be killed and have to deal with that in their next existence. Either way there is a lesson to learn.

On a different plane time does not exist the same way as it is governed on Earth. The average life span of a human is 75 years old. The universe is considered to be well over 16 billion years old. Even in your dream state you are not bound to the physics of this life time in your present. This is why we have dreams, deja vu, memories, fears and habits we cannot explain or understand. As to your belief about purgatory and waiting for a suitable vehicle, that decision is one made with the help of your soul circle and your higher power.

There are misguided souls and young souls who have yet to realize what the truth is. I would put you in the young soul group. I will grant you the opportunity to re-think your stance, however, you may be steadfast in your belief on this matter. You have free will to make choices and there are environmental issues and other free will choices imposed on all of us, by others. It is up to each individual to recognize what is truth and what is propaganda through religion. Religion to me is a man-made concoction to control the masses through disinformation. There are many religions and they are semantics for the same thing, but there can only be one truth. That is not to say there are not evil/bad/negative souls that have regressed and need to find their way back to the light, if you want to call them Satan, that is your choice. Take care, do not let fear control you, let LOVE guide you.

I do not believe the slate is wiped clean and I do believe you maintain access to all information you have accumulated through all incarnations, whether here or elsewhere. The brain that we have as a human stores the information like a hard drive, the soul is the software. When we are born into this human condition we come with blueprints, they are in your palm of destiny, if you allow yourself to be open to your higher power you can be aware of certain information. The problem is we are affected by the free will of others being imposed on us. I have several instances I will share another day about how I have regressed and progressed in this lifetime due to the free will infliction of others.

The rest can be found here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Asceension211

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
One of the Great philosofers of our times D.Liantinis, who spent his life analysing what Death is and how can a human being overcome the fear of it, is a good source of wisdom on this subject.
A simple quote from one of his speeches "It's the fear of losing our material belongings, our life's gatherings and the ego of losing control of this loved instrument-our bodies, That brings us fear of Death"

But we can overcome this Ego by simply focusing our path through life to leaving a legacy behind.
A legacy can be a life's work, something that gave benefit to humanity after our death. A huge contribution.
All the way down to a simple thing. A fond memory of us. And what kind of life we lived.
To be remembered by your loved ones, and to make a great circle of loved ones to remember you, is to achieve immortality as a human being.

How would you like to go when your time comes?
To look back to the life you lived and say " I wish i haven't wasted my life in fear. I could have done so much"
Or look back and say " I regret nothing. I lived and loved and will be loved for I have lived." And leave this life smiling?

Here's a link to a Liantinis speech.
Philosophical Consideration of Death - Dimitris Liantinis (PhD)
www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join