It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guys, ive been meaning to post this for while, but my issues are now coming to a head.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Sorry if this sounds pathetic and childish, but recently ive been thinking deeply about my own mortality and whether my body survive when it dies and releases my soul.
I dont understand peoples "laissaz fair" atiitude, " what will be, will be. Oh and "we've all got to die sometime". I cant relate to any of the aboves atitudes. I mean how can anyone be ok with death being the final thing and thats the end of you.
I will admit that even thought i do beleive in a "God" creator, the whole topic of what comes next, and how long will it go on for? (eternity) scares. me.. I cannot entertain the idea that my soul is immortal. I cant see me, Mrs Ordinary sitting alongside God in heaven, because im "special" and apparantly we're all gods children, , and if so, why cant i even have an inckling of the concept that my soul was around before my birth.
Honestly, these death related worries are coming to me too often these days.(dont worry i wont do anything silly, im far too scared of dying). I m starting to feel my mortality, pains in knees and all that crap.

its just that when i get those dark moments, i d like to look back on this thread and read maybe some wisdom from my buddies on ATS, and hope that those witty/ intelligent comments will get me through my black period.
thanks in advance
Sian
ps, i refuse to wear wings in heaven, its so last season..
(notreallyadrswife

edit, i always come up with this sort o thing when ive had too my cider. Yet it does not make it any less pertinant to me,
edit on 23-10-2012 by thedoctorswife because: addition of beer goggles lol

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I recently visited a nursing home and talked to people who were dying. This opened my eyes to many things. You may want to try it. When the end comes, we all react the same way. We see life as the love that it really is. Love endures, life is just a cycle.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I don't know why you would get so worried about something that is only said to exist, the soul, an outdated concept used to explain conciousness before we started to understand how we work, yet still clung on to by old religions.

What happens, happens. Worrying won't change anything, therefore worrying is pointless, you might as well just have fun while it lasts.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Maybe this helps?

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed just transformed into something else.
The human body is an electrochemical computer.....maybe reincarnation isn't that far off?

I think death is nothing more than a transference of your physical beings energy to another being or maybe another state all together.......maybe non corporeal? that may be fun......but interactions on a physical level may be tricky.

I just hope that i came back as some cool alter life form. maybe one that lives more than 80 years? lol

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Please read a journey of souls, by Michael Newton. Also please do not worry, it's a waste of time that you could be using to love!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What you think and feel now will not matter after you pass,

Because then, when you die, you will receive total Consciousness , ( total clarity and understanding that you don't have now).

-Bill Murray, Caddyshack-

Please rent it if you haven't seen it.

On a serious note, I find myself questioning the same fears, and share your beliefs...so this line of understanding I find comforting.
edit on 23-10-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I recently visited a nursing home and talked to people who were dying. This opened my eyes to many things. You may want to try it. When the end comes, we all react the same way. We see life as the love that it really is. Love endures, life is just a cycle.

Yes, your right, my gran was 92 when she died in 95 and she seemed quite happy to go, she was always saying" its my time, "

But i dont get your "Love endures" statement, what does that mean,? do we all react the same way? really? "we see life as the love that it really is" How does that relate to evil people, sorry, i just dont understand you. Or that could just be the strongbow

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I've had those thoughts for a while now, too. Ahh the joys of middle age at least in my case.
One thing I've learned is you can't dwell on that too much. From my perspective time
is going by faster so enjoy it while you can.

Personally I'm envious of the masses that really believe a supernatural being of some
kind is waiting at the end of the tunnel of light to welcome them to Olympus.

But after everything I've learned on the subject, a relentless, cold, razor sharp logic
cuts through any effort to believe such things.

So, don't focus too much in it. Enjoy what you have and revel in your time.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
I don't know why you would get so worried about something that is only said to exist, the soul, an outdated concept used to explain conciousness before we started to understand how we work, yet still clung on to by old religions.

What happens, happens. Worrying won't change anything, therefore worrying is pointless, you might as well just have fun while it lasts.

Thankyou, as it goes, i am having lots of fun since i left my marriage, couldnt be better, loving life, but every so oten my brain drifts off to a place i cannot understand.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
here something i tell everybody that tells me they are worried.

you can't do anything about it, so don't worry be happy.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It's okay to be afraid of the unknown but really why fear something that you have no control over? Afraid or not it's going to happen to each and every one of us. This is the only thing that makes us truly equal.

Isn't some of life about facing your fears and in the end you face our biggest one...death? When I was younger I feared death but as I get older my fear has faded.

The only thing I really fear is not being able to take care of my family if I was to die.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
Maybe this helps?

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed just transformed into something else.
The human body is an electrochemical computer.....maybe reincarnation isn't that far off?

I think death is nothing more than a transference of your physical beings energy to another being or maybe another state all together.......maybe non corporeal? that may be fun......but interactions on a physical level may be tricky.

I just hope that i came back as some cool alter life form. maybe one that lives more than 80 years? lol

Im almost content with the thought o my energy becoming non corporteal, because i wont know anything about it, its just that i am truly scared of dying, and thats it, with no fancy words.
i have to say goodnight now, dead late, no pun intended.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph
What you think and feel now will not matter after you pass,

Because then, when you die, you will receive total Consciousness , ( total clarity and understanding that you don't have now).

-Bill Murray, Caddyshack-

Please rent it if you haven't seen it.

On a serious note, I find myself questioning the same fears, and share your beliefs...so this line of understanding I find comforting.
edit on 23-10-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

Thankyou for that, im glad im not the only jellybelly, seems i need to man up

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr

I've had those thoughts for a while now, too. Ahh the joys of middle age at least in my case.
One thing I've learned is you can't dwell on that too much. From my perspective time
is going by faster so enjoy it while you can.

Personally I'm envious of the masses that really believe a supernatural being of some
kind is waiting at the end of the tunnel of light to welcome them to Olympus.

But after everything I've learned on the subject, a relentless, cold, razor sharp logic
cuts through any effort to believe such things.

So, don't focus too much in it. Enjoy what you have and revel in your time.

AAh yes, all of a sudden my 44 year old body is starting to have new little aches and pains, especialy in my kness, Christ, ill be in tena lady before you know it.

And time is going faster, i made a thread about it a year ago.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I decided to post the lighter side of the afterlife, to ease your concerns....

Fret not my love. You will have your very own Rainbow Unicorn to ride wherever you want. You'll be able to see through everyone's clothing, and they won't even be able to hear you giggling....

All farts will smell like fresh baked honey buns, and there is no such thing as halitosis in the afterlife.

It will be glorious...I promise.....

Des

edit on 23-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I understand your comment about life going faster. I too am 44 and feel like each day is a fast blur... Between work children and sick parents....Plus I am back in school to further my career. I never have enough time for me...This site is my one trival indulgent.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Sorry if this sounds pathetic and childish, but recently ive been thinking deeply about my own mortality and whether my body survive when it dies and releases my soul.
I dont understand peoples "laissaz fair" atiitude, " what will be, will be. Oh and "we've all got to die sometime". I cant relate to any of the aboves atitudes. I mean how can anyone be ok with death being the final thing and thats the end of you.
I will admit that even thought i do beleive in a "God" creator, the whole topic of what comes next, and how long will it go on for? (eternity) scares. me.. I cannot entertain the idea that my soul is immortal. I cant see me, Mrs Ordinary sitting alongside God in heaven, because im "special" and apparantly we're all gods children, , and if so, why cant i even have an inckling of the concept that my soul was around before my birth.
Honestly, these death related worries are coming to me too often these days.(dont worry i wont do anything silly, im far too scared of dying). I m starting to feel my mortality, pains in knees and all that crap.

its just that when i get those dark moments, i d like to look back on this thread and read maybe some wisdom from my buddies on ATS, and hope that those witty/ intelligent comments will get me through my black period.
thanks in advance
Sian
ps, i refuse to wear wings in heaven, its so last season..
(notreallyadrswife

edit, i always come up with this sort o thing when ive had too my cider. Yet it does not make it any less pertinant to me,
edit on 23-10-2012 by thedoctorswife because: addition of beer goggles lol

Be happy that you are realizing your own mortality. Some realize it too late and regret life. I'm sorry I can't give you any inspirational prophetic writings in this. Your realization of mortality can mean something. I realized my own mortality at a pretty young age and have been flip flopping between atheism and agnosticism ever since. The one thing I did is talk myself into trying to leave a legacy behind that hopefully will be remembered for generations (I haven't done much of it yet).

Realizing ones own mortality can have devastating effects on the psyche and it twirled me around for a bit which is why I haven't done much with that legacy leaving idea yet. I've decided that one of two things can happen. 1. I can let mortality defeat me or 2. I can recognize it take it for what its worth and contribute something to our species (somehow). Even if I don't make a name for myself however my work and life inspires others or somehow adds to livelihoods of people that will continue to exist after I'm gone then I will die a happy man.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by earthdude

Yes, your right, my gran was 92 when she died in 95 and she seemed quite happy to go, she was always saying" its my time, "

But i dont get your "Love endures" statement, what does that mean,? do we all react the same way? really? "we see life as the love that it really is" How does that relate to evil people, sorry, i just dont understand you. Or that could just be the strongbow

I guess what I am trying to say is that the things we value here on earth are such trivial things compared to the afterlife experience. I died once, and the love I felt made my fear of death vanish. Call it God if you want. But I know there is an afterlife. I'm here for a mission, but I don't really know what it is. Evil and good have no meaning in timelessness.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

The problem with that is that depending on one's life, it is hard not to. Best I can tell, unless one is living or has lived a meaningful live, one of purpose and fulfillment, it is almost impossible not to worry about life after death. If your life is meaningless and you felt you have not had a purpose or fulfilled some meaningful role, it is easy to hope for an afterlife of happiness and without worry. If you lived a meaningful life, then what you leave behind is enough, what comes next, if anything, is just bonus.

I have contemplated the great beyond my whole life, but have only lived with regret for my existence and ongoing life since I was about 28. I don't worry about what comes next so much, but I fear that it may make my already insignificant life only that much more insignificant.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Your issue is that your mind is living in tomorrow while your body is here now. You're worring about a future and forgetting the moment you are living today.
You may be in a rut or have too much routine. Break it. Do things spontaneously.Challenge yourself in some way, define a new goal for yourself and start.
Life is now, not yesterday, not next year - not even next hour.
Blow some bubbles with the kid down the street, try some ethnic food you've never tried, work on learning some phrases in a foreign language that you might like knowing.
Most of all get physically active,
Do that and the rest will follow for you and you'll stop worrying so much about death.
Dying only sucks if we've never lived.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join