It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conrad Black lets BBC interviewer have it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I dunno, something about Conrad Black I like. Perhaps it has something to do with his stellar wit, quick tongue and his vast knowledge and command of the English language. A trait anyone here at ATS would love to have to smack down any would be thread saboteurs .

I'm assuming this interview is pretty recent and was done as soon as 'Lord Black' went back to the UK. Man does he give this guy a verbal schooling once he starts prodding him about his prison time ,calling him a criminal and references to his beautiful wife.

Worth a watch.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Very cool interview. I had not heard of Conrad Black, very eloquent person, agree with most of what he states, would like to him to unrap that question in regards to a pedophile (how would he make the distinction, I would base in that that type of crime has at its core a mental condition/deviation without assured cure), in anycase in the interview I think the BBC interviewer was also being a bit of an ass.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Dont know the specifics of the case but do agree with him about the American "justice" system.

The basic setup of the system is stacked in favor of the State.

The State basically has unlimited staff, resources and tax payer money at its disposal. The defendant however is provided with a public defendant (who is often disinterested) or has to pay for his own defense.

Horrible inequity.

edit on 24-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

All you need to know about the american prison system is Geo Group inc. Formally known as Whackenhut. They started in the 40's (sometime rather) as a food catering company for prisons and are now trading publicly on the stock market as privatized prisons. Not bad of an upgrade. Conrad is basically calling a spade a spade.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

He certainly has a way with words. Check this out.

“In the egalitarian levelling that has made glamour repulsive and social fraternization at any more intellectual a level than the bowling alley into an orgy of toadyism or vulgar exhibitionism, going out to a sit-down dinner is a sign of Ludovican self-importance.”

No wonder he owned news papers.

new topics

top topics

join