It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas for a new economic model.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Its been obvious over these past 4 years that the world economy is based on fraud. Much like an idiot who runs up huge amounts debt on a credit card and gets a mortgage for a house they cant afford. It is very clear that most of the western world ..but most blatantly the United States...has used this so called economic model...of borrowing to the hilt, with no plan to pay back....ever.

What always surprised me growing up in the 1980's was the massive growth of credit cards...They were basically pushed onto the public, as a great idea, by the mainstream media...I was a kid at the time and even then wondered, why would people be stupid enough to want to be stuck in a cycle of paying interest, just to spend money they couldn't afford in the first place. It never made any logical sense to me...but much of what the masses are suckered into, often amazes me...the most recent brilliant idea everyone must get hooked into was Facebook....where a decade or two ago, people actually valued their privacy fiercely and were terrified of a 1984 scenario...seriously... that's how shockingly easily manipulated the masses are...and the same population ask "How did Hitler brainwash the whole of Germany?" How indeed.

So there is no question that the population is at least 70 percent mentally incapable of making rational choices...i guess the rulers of the world figured this out some time ago...Otherwise this ongoing mess would never have been allowed to escalate in the first place...people would have stopped spending what they didn't have and demanded the governments to the same thing...but nobody did anything...incredibly...especially considering the same thing happened in history repeatedly...most notably with the great Depression.

Borrowing money, at interest, is never a good idea...but whats also astounding is that the country that loaned most of this money is China...Yet if The USA defaults on its trillion dollars of debt...and basically declares itself bankrupt...the only thing that would happen is that China would be forced to stop loaning the states money. And this would then cause Americans to quit buying cheap Chinese imports...So China would suffer then. This large scale borrowing from peter to Pay Paul..pyramid scheme...is the most bizarre and ridiculous thing I ever heard of. It means the world economy is nothing more than absoultue nonsense...printing money for the sake of printing it...There is clearly no actual mathematical sense to it. yet supposedly well educated economists argue over the whole bu775hi7 merry go round...as if its a real thing...that you need to be very well educated to comprehend...or more like fooled by jargon that the average person is supposed to be baffled by.

then when people say we should go back to currency backed by something that actually holds value permanently...like gold...the highly educated economists balk at the idea. I am amazed that China and the states have agreed on this insanity...because clearly both countries knew in advance the eventual outcome of playing with monopoly money...You have to wonder why has this all be set into motion? Some people clearly have gotten a hell of alot of wealth out of this con game...but it has done little or nothing to advance civilization, ive not seen any huge technological advances...people still get sick and die...and the third world is still as poor as ever...

Playing boom and bust games like this, usually leads to world wars...as everybody knows...so it that the idea? Has this ridiculous game just been a way to rob the world..Is that the only game in town? Because I seen no evidence of any real economic system.

edit on 23-10-2012 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

I was a kid at the time and even then wondered, why would people be stupid enough to want to be stuck in a cycle of paying interest, just to spend money they couldn't afford in the first place. It never made any logical sense to me...but much of what the masses are suckered into, often amazes me...the most recent brilliant idea everyone must get hooked into was Facebook....where a decade or two ago, people actually valued their privacy fiercely and were terrified of a 1984 scenario...seriously... that's how shockingly easily manipulated the masses are...and the same population ask "How did Hitler brainwash the whole of Germany?" How indeed.

That needed to be repeated. You were/are one smart kid!!!

But how to convince the suckered masses that they need a new economic model ... good luck with that.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Thank you for the compliment.

As for how do you convince a 70 percent of the population that they need to change...well you can do it the way every other major change gets implemented...and gain control of the mainstream media..continually promoting your agendas through TV shows...as that's where most of social conditioning is done..

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I watched this a couple of days ago, I like the concept and I'd like to live in a world like that. Sounds a bit like communism but in the true sense of working together as a community. However, it would take years to deprogramme everyone from wanting stuff they don't need and would require massive amounts of cooperation from everyone, which is not something a lot people are prepared to do. It's a big ask to give up the shiniest and newest for the greater good
. And I just don't see the PTB/elite/psychopaths making it easy to transition to something like that.

A quote I read today:
“All government, indeed every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue, and every prudent act, is founded on compromise and barter.” ~ Edmund Burke

Seemed apt ...

ETA: I realise he is probably preaching to the converted in the first half of the video, he gets to the point about the new system around the 18.20 mark.
edit on 23-10-2012 by HighMaintenance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HighMaintenance
compromise and barter.” ~ Edmund Burke

That should be the economic model right there.

Apparently though what the world needs are leaders who will instigate that because the common person just doesn't seem to be able to do anything without someone in charge telling them what to do.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepImpactX

OP, I made a post about a new model that would also work better than the one we have now, basing wages of employment on the profits of the employer, so as to guarantee that workers would not be left out of the loop like they are now.

So as to keep the employee, thus the customer in the loop instead of out of it, like our current model. Most just didn't even read it, or they would have at least had a question, or negative comment.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Abolish money, ie Star Trek Federation :-)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Get rid of money.
A system that encourages togetherness rather than every man for themselves, the world faces incredibly difficult challenges which can only be solved by settling our differences and working together.
I like Jacque Fresco's model of a resource based economy.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Great OP, if I may continue these ideas,

With U.S. debt growing so large it is now far better for Americans to keep borrowing and paying interest rather than beginning the process paying it off. This is because the U.S. imports much more than it exports and this has become the inherently structural basis of the U.S. economy.

This structure is being maintained with increasing debt, this increasing debt is being maintained with dollar printing, the need for dollar printing is being maintained by declining money velocity, declining money velocity is being maintained by fear of spending, fear of spending is being maintained by the global body politic.

Emotions and politics can turn on a dime, especially the global body politic.

Fear of spending will change to fear of not enough to buy/rising prices, fear of not enough to buy/rising prices will lead to increasing money velocity, increasing money velocity will lead to *even more dollar printing* which leads to more debt which leads to more dollar printing which leads to more debt which leads to . . . . . is called hyperinflation.

* this is the structural imperative of the U.S. economy that MSM economists don't see yet *

Hyperinflation is not the end of the world, it happens around the world every few years, it won't lead to a Mad Max future, it's just a period of supply shortages and currency re-denomination. Survival supplies are always good especially for natural disasters and a good way to store something of value, those who already have enough survival supplies for at least six months put excess savings in physical gold.

Once the debt/money printing cycle is complete and a re-denominated currency circulates the wealthy that put say $2000 into gold before the big currency change will have much more than $2000 in purchasing power because the debts are now gone and the continuing purchasing power of the big net-producers in this world like China remains.

China is busy stimulating domestic growth in consumption, the stuff they produce with stay in China making them domestically wealthy with more real stuff rather than exporting that wealth in exchange for printed dollars that hyperinflate. They are going to have more newly produced stuff and the U.S. will have less newly produced stuff.

There is not going to be a gold standard because trusting Governments to keep their currency to gold ratio stable has simply not worked in the past 100 years, instead the price for physical gold will reflect the global value of the currency itself and money printing in the future will be exposed straight away through this daily mechanism.

Money, in both currency and physical gold form, when freely interchangeable in the global financial system, will together form a complete honest money system that cannot be manipulated like a gold standard or a purely fiat system.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It's all based on Trade,as in having something to trade,as in something one actually owns.

Nobody really owns anything,all one needs to do is read the contracts one must sign to buy a house,drive a car,get married,walk down the sidewalk even,just to be allowed to exist..

Your birth certificate amounts to a warehouse receipt,ever met anyone who didn't have one?.

The banks,insurance companies,governments and corporations hold interest in you,they own you,you are chattel.

There are many reasons for things to be the way they are,one of which is to make it so many cannot afford to educate themselves,their progeny,etcetera.

Pure genius is getting 60,000 dollars in debt,and being forced to work at McDonalds to pay back your student loans,I understand there is risk in anything one may do,but the odds are not good enough to risk such humiliation.

Most people have nothing to trade but themselves,stupidly fumbling around thinking they own anything.

There is a reason they call what used to be the employment office,"Human Resources" now.

Resources are to be exploited,or that's the capitalist way..Anyway,exploited for profit...

I am not a resource to be exploited for profit,are you?.

I guess we all fell asleep at the wheel.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Get rid of money.
A system that encourages togetherness rather than every man for themselves, the world faces incredibly difficult challenges which can only be solved by settling our differences and working together.

Impossible and I'll tell you why.
Prostitution!
You will never get rid of it. And they ain't gonna give it away.

top topics

join