It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Just All Vote For Four More.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If Romney wins it is going to set off a powder keg of division in this country. There is nothing he can do to change the minds of those who voted for and support Obama. It is likely Obama will win anyway, I almost hope that he does so that these informed individuals can see that they gulped down his lies and propaganda without chewing first.. I want to see them clambering for some rolaids in four years. I want to see them standing there with a bloody nose and a glazed over look wondering what happened to them. Then after eight years of simply picking up where Bush left off, maybe people will want someone in office who isn't "cool" or "black".
edit on 23-10-2012 by Mailman because: remove quotations from subject title

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

Sorry I must refuse to vote at all and make like I'm blind and ignorant.
These aren't the shades of a blind man.
edit on 23-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

Someone more famous then me once said when the people figure out they can vote to receive things for themselves this country is doomed. Well that time has come. No jobs hey no problem, no house hey no problem, no money hey no problem but to the people who have all these things hey wheres our money because we need to pay for the people who voted for receiving your hard earned money.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think as people get more informed and more educated the Republican party will become irrelevant in American politics. Right now it's backbone is middle aged white males.

So I think in the future we will see the death of the Republican party and the rise of another one

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
There was just no freaking way that John McCain was going to win that election. After the mess Bush left, people wanted a BIG breath of fresh air so can you really blame them for voting for a young Democrat promising change?

Every politician promises big things, so please don't try to paint Obama as the only one who makes promises.

So it was an old hawkish republican vs a young intelligent democrat

just who did you think people where going to vote for?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
If Romney wins it is going to set off a powder keg of division in this country. There is nothing he can do to change the minds of those who voted for and support Obama.
You can't be effin serious. bammy has done more to divide this country then anybody since dubya.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

That's part of the issue, most people think if your not for Obama you must be Republican (or this, or that) and voted for McCain.

Obama wasn't the only "history in the making" option in 2008. The Liberal Election Machine had two candidates propped up that both had the same historical appeal. One had a more powerful blade to turn than the other, slavery. Not saying the candidates used this, just that emotions were massaged by media and hollywood.
: The other candidate was Clinton, too much detail to get into really. It may sound wrong but, what if they spun her as the face of every cheated on wife in the country?

edit on 23-10-2012 by Mailman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Romney winning will -indirectly- cause more of a divide, unfortunately. Maybe not.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Right now it's backbone is middle aged white males.

And it's the backbone of 'those white males' that rose up and created the idea of America so that you could become who you are. They fought and died, to establish a free country, independent from British control, so that we could worship how we want, say what we want, work and make money how we want, oh yeah and set slaves free was finally accomplished as well. They are quite proud of that.
Now everybody wants to throw them under the bus?

So I think in the future we will see the death of the Republican party and the rise of another one

Death of the 'republican white males?'....and rise of what? Bring it.

I believe this whole us/them dem/rep is what has this country divided more than I can ever remember.
** On topic--- who wants another four years of this?

Ps, I've already voted absentee, so I could avoid all this racial vermin spewed at me while in lines at the polls.
And I didn't vote for more Romnesia, nor your anointed one.
edit on 23-10-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
With all the money Obama has spent and wasted, the country should have seen some type of improvement by now.
Not just a little freakin blip on a graph that appears to be slightly good news.
There should one hell of a surge, but there's none.
Just goes to show, you can't fix things just by throwing many at it.

TWO MORE WEEKS
TWO MORE WEEKS

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
America is headed towards being fragmented and internally divided enough to fight each other.

THAT

or

America is headed towards unity, although under a scientific totalitarian dictatorship.

either way, America is in trouble in the future and that is the stuff science fiction novels could only dream of..

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hmmm another vote for the lesser of two evils thread... When are people going to learn that this mentality is what got us into this situation in the first place?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Mormons are nice people, too nice to lead a country of non Mormons. Not even the rich could relate to Romney once he takes hold of the heathens we are.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
reply to post by muse7

That's part of the issue, most people think if your not for Obama you must be Republican (or this, or that) and voted for McCain.

Obama wasn't the only "history in the making" option in 2008. The Liberal Election Machine had two candidates propped up that both had the same historical appeal. One had a more powerful blade to turn than the other, slavery. Not saying the candidates used this, just that emotions were massaged by media and hollywood.
: The other candidate was Clinton, too much detail to get into really. It may sound wrong but, what if they spun her as the face of every cheated on wife in the country?

Hillary was a a viable candidate this is true. But Obama being black had nothing to do with her losing. The Clinton name had more to do with her loss at that time than anything else. We were coming out of Bush 2.0 and the truth of it is while many look (mistakenly) at the Clinton years fondly voters weren't so sure they wanted a Clinton 2.0. Most average people will accept a legacy candidate, but they also tend to be very careful in supporting one. Like it or not the "Liberal" machine got it right run Obama and then let Clinton run. Her resume is now complete, she has experience in the executive process, she has experience in the Senate and in 2016 will be the most qualified in foreign policy.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

The idea of two families having that power for two decades seemed heavy in my mind as well. You can't go and say though you have this knowledge that McCain wasn't the better choice because he was old etc. What we do know is Obama fell short on many of the things he ran on.

Well I do feel an excitement from the idea that Romney has strong business knowledge and has been through raising a large family. He's already been grounded by that, Obama doesn't seem genuinely grounded by his family.

top topics

join