It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Parents Make Me Want To Scream!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Your an awesome teacher/person for at least trying to help and aid these young kids.

Hopefully a few of them remember this and make something of themselves and pass on this practice.

It is sad that parents expect the teachers to do everything. I'd say it is about 30-50% of the teachers job (smaller % when the more classes/teachers involved) to help/teach those who are in their care. The rest is up to the parents.

At least your trying which puts you somewhere in the 20-40% of teachers out there, probably a much smaller %. I just hope this continuance does not cause you to lose hope or care for these young ones.

Keep on trucking! Your trying and I'm sure your making a big difference even if it cannot be seen. Think positive, be positive, create positive and positive things will happen!
edit on 25-10-2012 by Lostmymarbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I work my ass off, drove 3500 miles last week. I make 50k a year.

I feel likethe welfare people got it better than me. I tried to get it one time, the bitchass case worker acted like i was crazy cause i dont have kids. I was homeless on the street cause i dont want kids.

In the long run, i really do have it better. I have a nice car that has nothing wrong with it at all. These fools have junkers covered in chrome. Theyre slaves to the "govment". Infact its a conspiracy. And what the government gives, they can take. And then what?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by cultureboxes

You know why you hate those people? Because you have a job, an education, a mortgage, a car payment, and these people have worked the system and beat you. You don’t hate these people because they have children who can’t read. You hate them because you have to work and they don’t. They figured it out, you didn’t.

You don’t change the way the machine runs by sweeping up the shavings.

I don't hate these people.

There's a real satisfaction in earning your wages. It's fulfilling, and a wonderful thing to experience. It gives you pride in self, self confidence, and the knowledge that whatever life throws at you, you can overcome.

I wouldn't trade places for an instant.

I simply want better for the children. I want them to break the cycle, which is incredibly difficult to do.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeBears

That's a lot of anger in your post.

I'm sorry for what you experienced. It sounds hellish, no doubt. It also sounds like you truly needed the system to get on your feet.

That is what it is intended for, and I applaud you for making it through such a terrible situation.

You are not playing the system, which is the problem I'm addressing. If my OP didn't make that clear, then I apologize.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeBears

You've definitely been through a lot. The original post was about the people who play the system. You clearly weren't one of the people who play it. In fact, it appears you hated every moment of it and got out of it as quickly as you could. It's the people in the position you were in who need the assistance the most and that's why it exists. ...it does seem like they didn't help you like they should have and unfortunately, that's often the case

I agree that the men are often more to blame than the women are, which is why I mentioned mandatory castration in some cases (I know we can't, but it sure would be nice for some of the extreme deadbeats and abusers wouldn't it?)...some cases mind you, there are good men in the world.

At the same time that many take advantage of women, there are others who the women "want nothing to do with" because they may not have the image of the "bad boy" or the "hunk". Instead of going after what's pleasing to the eye, women who want an equal partnership need to go after what's pleasing to the heart and to the mind. Not all men treat women like property, many cherish them, treat them as equals and want relationships with someone they can grow old with.

If you're a relatively attractive man, women are often "all over you" and they use sex as an incentive. They try to be as sexy as they possibly can and insinuate, flirt and outright throw themselves at you. Yes, society has made us what we are and it's pretty difficult to resist those temptations. Some of us are dedicated to our significant other and do resist that, others don't. It's coming from both sides, not just one. As for your other points, yes, women are paid less and that needs to change. Yes women are "lorded over" and that needs to change. But at the same time, they need to change as well. Men need to stop doing it, women need to stop allowing it. It's going to take both to make it change.

Just as you don't want people to paint you with a common brush, you shouldn't paint others with a common brush either. While you are angry about men who have not stood up in their manhood and taken responsibility, there are women who don't stand up to their responsibilities either. It's not a male/female situation, it's a human situation. Regardless of your gender, when you come together and create a human life and have a baby, it's the responsibility of BOTH parents to ensure the child has the best chance possible. Granted, the men are often the first to flee since the baby is carried by the mother.

YOU worked your way out of the system and that's to be applauded. It's your attitude and your nature that saved you. The "system" is corrupt, it is abused by those who want it to provide them with a means of living. They take it away from the people who need it and would benefit from it and would use it to get on their feet then move forward. The people who abuse the system kept you from getting the help you need and those are the people who were being talked about in the original post.

Thank you for the other viewpoint that shows what many of the "men" in society do. I admit I often focus on the mothers because they are the ones who are actually in the lives of the children and the men should definitely be held accountable first. Doing so would prevent many of the problems that come about. Thank you for having pride in yourself and determination to move beyond what you were being dragged into. There needs to be many changes in the system to prevent people like you from not getting the assistance you need to move above and beyond the place you were in at that time.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepImpactX

Really? So are they just gonna snack on forms while waiting for someone else to feed them? People tend to get a bit cranky after a few days without food... Or drugs, or whatever else they're spending their hand out on...

Putting money into education is an excellent idea but education takes a long time to foster and grow... What do we do in the mean time?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I have recently had a personal experience that i want to share with you.

My son who is almost 19. Just left his girlfriend of 19. They had a 8 month old baby.

She came from a welfare family, and my son felt like he was saving her and helping her. And he thought that was love.

In less than the last month, she has showed her true colors, she has not called to check on her baby in 19 days and counting now,, or called or emailed NOTHING!!!!!!!

They have been seeing each other on and off for about 5 years now. And living together since Jan1 2012.
Committed to each other for almost 2 years.

Her mother has been abusing the system forever, in fact her daughter my sons ex, used to sign a form each month with a fake name so her mother could receive nursing money for her son, who is approx 13.
She has no nurse and receives over 1200 per month for him. Just by getting ANYONE to sign a form, no registered nurse number nothing. I know this for a fact cause she 0nce asked me to fill it out for her. I refused...I saw the form.

Her mother was on welfare for years and years, or at least was till recently. As she got reported..
By her Daughter, my sons EX.

The mother of my sons ex has 4 kids 3 by the same man who lives with them in housing and he has his own small business.

They have been investigated over and over for years and he just moves out for a few days then moves back.

onto the story of my son. He has a really decent job for a 18 year old he works in construction and makes 17 dollars an hour, year round. Hes not rolling in money but has enough to meet the needs of him, his GF and the baby. He pays all the bills and rent. She does not work.

She keeps calling the welfare and food bank and other services to get free stuff, then she turns around and sells it.. My Son started to get pissed, he told her i make enough you don't need to do that, plus we don't eat the food from the food bank you just sell the baby formula to make cash, cause our baby is not on that kind.. He told her our cupboards are full of stuff like lentils and beans that we don't eat..

He got really fed up 22 days ago and took the baby and called me to come and get them. She was drunk and well that's another story all together... for another time.

She called the cops said he stole the baby.. cops came everything was fine for us, but not for her, the apartment was a mess when the cops arrived so they called child services to investigate her....

In the last 22 days that girl..... that gave birth to my grandson, has not done anything to even ask about her baby. she has a new boyfriend and has gotten 3 tattoos all paid for with the baby's money from the government. I gave her 22.00 for the bus plus my son gave her 10.00 to get bus tokens.. he did not know i gave her the 22.00. She also got my sons 800.00 in rent back from the landlords with a sob story..
And she has not saw her baby in 19 days and counting. My son and his son live with us, he left her the apt and everything in it. She told him not to take any of the babys stuff.

Oh yeah and she has a new BF since 5 days after he left...... a man of APPROX 40 years of age, we know cause he called the guys house and asked for her, and she came to the phone.....Plus she so dumb she left my sons phone signed into her FB and email... Sorry but i just have to laugh out loud for that!!!!!

A old friend who is a lawyer told me that "she was learning to do this without even knowing she was being taught it, its in the family in her blood"!!!

I should of put this in the RANT instead of filling your thread.. Sorry..

My son is going for full custody court in in December.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lightmere

Wow. Sounds like your son is better off without his girlfriend. Honestly, that is a heartbreaking story and I'm sorry you and your son are going through something so awful.

I also feel terrible for your grandchild....when mom's priorities are so skewed, that's really going to hurt later on.

If you ever need to talk, send me a message. I don't know much I can say, but I'm always willing to listen.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Thanks smleegrl,Ii just may take you up on that offer one of these days. When I have more than a few mins to myself, after chasing a almost 9 month around (who is ready to walk any day now)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of overpaid administrators who had positions created for them with no real job responsibilities. They have to create things for these people to do and that usually ends up meaning more paperwork for teachers to do in order to justify the administrators job!

I have kids to take care of and teach, I don't have time for these stupid games

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It must be very demoralising to have such a vocation and have to deal with stuff that hinders you in carrying it out.
My solution is harsh. One pregnancy outside marriage (and I do mean marriage) would be accepted, but the Mother would have to live with her parents, or, if there was any kind of threat to the child, mother would have to live in an institution with other single mothers. If she then had another child outside marriage, the child would be taken off her and placed for adoption.
I would introduce this in 9 months time - no excuses!
That is the only way to stop this breeding for the sake of state benefits and other handouts - stop the money source. We have the best contraceptive services in history, but the highest number of single mothers.
What these women don't seem to realise is that they are condemning their children to disease and early death because the money that they are taking out of the system is money needed for healthcare. The parents of these mothers will suffer the same fate, they will go into hospital for a straightforward operation, and never come out. This sort of Euthanasia is upon us now, and the thought that someone I love will be 'put to sleep' because some slapper wants an easy life makes my blood boil.
Yes, I know the banksters etc need to be dealt with, but until the 99% get our act together, the 1% will have the excuse they need to treat us like pondlife, because so many of us behave like scum.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join