It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you *really* here?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I've come to realize most of the reasons I remain "here" are against the T&C of ATS.

This has created an interesting challenge regarding the method of expression and interaction I take with members and concepts encountered here.

I've "evolved' from various "forums" of discussion through the years. A part of me would even include the "Roman Forum" as one of the "forums" I've participated in through the experience of "experience". I could never prove this to you nor should any proof matter to anyone as that was then, this is now.

So... I'm here for reasons and pearls I can't express easily to the "swine" (emphasis on the quotes, not the word), but yet still find the insatiable drive to find a method to express within the limitations of expression we find in a material world, a fearful culture, and an ATS attempting to serve two masters.

So I ask again: Throw away all convention. Throw away all pride. Throw away all assumptions.

Why are you REALLY here?

I'm here to learn... and I only learn by doing. *shrug*.

I am a game designer at heart and "professionally". I know I had a part in designing the "game" we're now all a part of, but I don't remember how... yet. Some of the best game designs I've come up with are multi-player games that touch the single player heart, yet they require the efforts of thousands to even hint at the quality we all call "real life". I continue to yearn and search for the innate connection within the game design that transcends visuals and reaches the heart of the observer/player.

That is why I am here.

Namaste,
Some occasionally creative dude.
edit on 23-10-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

I'm confused. Is this your belated introduction thread.....

Help Mr. Wizard........

Des

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I've attempted a couple of introduction threads, but they keep getting deleted due to T&C of ATS.

That's the best I can offer at this moment, though Mr. Wizard is one of my inspiration vantages of "life".

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
what an egotistical load of crap.

this swine thinks you should stick those pearls somewhere tight and uncomfortable

like the back seat of a volkswagon...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

If you see ego, I am sorry you find yourself immersed in such an experience.

That is not the intent, though I can understand the reaction.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Swine?

Why would you call others on ATS swine?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kryton

I've adapted the initial post to perhaps better reflect the intent. Hopefully you can see through the cultural veil to the truth beneath. If you think I see ATS members in general as "swine" you are misunderstanding the reference I am pulling from, and indirectly making "fun" of.

Best to you, as I see nobody as "swine" despite the efforts of some to convince us otherwise.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion
reply to post by Destinyone

I've attempted a couple of introduction threads, but they keep getting deleted due to T&C of ATS.

That's the best I can offer at this moment, though Mr. Wizard is one of my inspiration vantages of "life".

Why didn't just post this thread in general chit chat forum. Why the intro forum, if they keep getting deleted.

Still confused....

Des

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

What were you referencing?

I'd like to know.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Resistance is futile...
We are Rigel4

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well this little piggy is here to spread cosmic truths… and laugh at all of the other little piggy’s rolling around in their excrement that has spewed from their dysfunctional and indoctrinated minds down through their finger tips and onto my screen.

I hope I haven’t offended…

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by de1111codEiT
Well this little piggy is here to spread cosmic truths… and laugh at all of the other little piggy’s rolling around in their excrement that has spewed from their dysfunctional and indoctrinated minds down through their finger tips and onto my screen.

I hope I haven’t offended…

You are probably quite aware that no offense was possible in my direction.

Working through the other posts as I can, if "I" can.

/salute

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
why i am i here?.....cause i came here hoping that someone could show me something amazing which maybe affect all humanity......from something spotted in the sky to stuff going on out in space that maybe we would never hear about.......i,m waiting for that story that amazes us all but since i,ve been here i,m becoming more sceptical about everything i hear now......from things round the sun to thinks spotted coming in from outer solar reaches of space......only thing i know in last few months is there has been alot more asteroids getting closer and usually only spotted like a week before.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kryton
What were you referencing?

I'd like to know.
The most simple explanation is the nature of the "positive" metaphysical energy as it encounters the "negative" metaphysical energy.

Originally posted by Destinyone
Why didn't just post this thread in general chit chat forum. Why the intro forum, if they keep getting deleted.

Still confused....

Because the content is the reason for deletion. And though I can understand the reason given current sociological circumstances, it requires finding an indirect method of communication to express the "original" ideas.

Those ideas will find their place in their "time", so it's better to be patient and work with the "material" you have in front of you. One baby step at a time.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I am here because I though Bob Lazar and John Lear still were actively posting

I am here because I hope somebody here can tell me things I will not find elsewhere, but I am not big on the rules of this place

Having run a very large board myself for 10 years I would do things differently

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

I completely understand your "feel"ing.

Deeply.

/salute

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Because you are here

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Because you are here

Cheater...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

I feel you and hear you. Thank you for your honest response.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I am here because this ATS is great. Its just great and thats all there is to it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join