It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soup Kitchen In Paul Ryan Photo-Op Faces Donor Backlash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Nice people those Republicans (which is presumption on my part that it is Rep's persisted off at the embarrasment?? )

Rather than berating the candidate for basic dishonesty let's shoot the poor and needy in the foot for something they didn't do!!

In the wake of Rep. Paul Ryan's embarrassing soup kitchen photo-op last week, the organization that runs the facility tells The Huffington Post that donors have begun pulling their money out of the Youngstown, Ohio charity.

Ryan may have suffered a few late-night jokes, but the fallout for the soup kitchen appears to be far more bruising. Brian J. Antal, president of the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society, confirmed that donors have begun an exodus in protest over Ryan's embarrassment. The monetary losses have been big. "It appears to be a substantial amount," Antal said. "You can rest assured there has been a substantial backlash."

Opps - a link would be useful too!
edit on 23-10-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Yeah, it's pretty cool how when Ryan does something like this...It's just terrible, dishonest and cheap political stunts. Attacking the soup kitchen itself is just the lowest of the low. After all.....

When the OTHER guy does PRECISELY the same thing...it's supposed to be honorable, sincere and compassionate...right?

Ahh.. the smell of partisan politics in the morning. Whew... Smells like.......the city water treatment plant.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

so you see nothing different between Obama going to a soup kitchen and actually being there among the clients and serving a couple of real meals, with Ryan going to a kitchen AFTER HOURS (so he didn't actually have to met any poor people??) and pretending to wash CLEAN DISHES??

Really??

Here's a couple of hints:

1/ one was in the actual election campaign and was dishonest - Ryan washed CLEAN DISHES ffs!!
2/ one was not in an election campaign, and the President did actually serve a couple of meals and actually met the clients to the kitchen

Of course they were both photo ops - that's a "no shirt batman" thought - but one of these things is not quite as honest as the other - can you figure it out yet??

And then when Ryan's "error" is pointed out, theose nice kind donors punish the soup kitchen by withdrawing their donations??

well thanks for your reply - that really improves my understanding of US politics!!

edit on 23-10-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

You need to watch this before you start comparing Ryan to Obama.

www.youtube.com...

Ryan is clearly more pathetic.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

from your source:

Antal said doesn't understand why donors would take out their frustration over the incident on those who can't afford to pay for their own meals. "I'm a volunteer,' he said. "I receive zero compensation. Withholding donations is only going to hurt the over 100,000 we serve annually."

well now, just get those 100,000 registered
and vote for anyone other than paul the psycho

i mean seriously, this POS just shows up without being asked or with any kind of authorization, uses these people to give an phony impression of being charitable, now these idiots want to bury that charity for not playing along.

the disgusting mentality
behind all this is that the charity "owes" them in exchange for their donations.
sorta like the idiots here always complaining how "their" tax dollars/money is spent.

once you give your money away, whether to a charity or to the government, or anybody

IT IS NO LONGER "YOUR F%^&$# MONEY, A**-HOLES!!!

then these idiots have the F%^&$# nerve to call people 'entitled"

hopefully these 100,000 potential voters will help elect someone, who if unable to give them a job will at least help the local charities out.

without any sticky with scum strings attached.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkey

You need to watch this before you start comparing Ryan to Obama.

www.youtube.com...

Ryan is clearly more pathetic.

So silent in the room .. like nobody is there lol thats why they didnt film behind
he look so fake .. working in the kitchen when there is no one to serve .. WTH
he even looks confuse on how to washe the dishes

i think he is scare of the people .. made sure everyone already eaten before he came

and Obama video look so warm
thank you for sharing Wrabbit
i really liked to see how nice Obama was giving a nice handshake to all the homeless people
heart touching video

can anybody find me a video of Ryan serving food to homeless people
and greating them at the entrance .. i would be curious to see that
edit on 10/23/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

from your source:

Antal said doesn't understand why donors would take out their frustration over the incident on those who can't afford to pay for their own meals. "I'm a volunteer,' he said. "I receive zero compensation. Withholding donations is only going to hurt the over 100,000 we serve annually."

well now, just get those 100,000 registered
and vote for anyone other than paul the psycho

i mean seriously, this POS just shows up without being asked or with any kind of authorization, uses these people to give an phony impression of being charitable, now these idiots want to bury that charity for not playing along.

Mark this moment - we agree!!

hopefully these 100,000 potential voters will help elect someone, who if unable to give them a job will at least help the local charities out.

without any sticky with scum strings attached.

Ever the optimist huh??

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Guys.. C';mon... Next we'll have threads condemning Romney or Ryan for kissing babies and handing out Lollipops.

It's like being mad at politicians for being politicians. Whats the point and why is it news? We can get cute and really make a show of this by pulling back up where every President in recent history has, at once point or another (and most more than once) stooped to play the "regular Joe" at the local homeless shelter or soup kitchen.

It's pathetic when EITHER does it because the homeless aren't props or political play toys. They get nothing out of this stunt when any of them do it..but likely MISSING their meal that day. Far too many of the homeless would, for good reasons, NOT be allowed in the same physical building with either man or any of their predecessors.

So..... I don't see any real difference between pathetic stunts on either of them playing Soup Kitchen Hero. I just don't see why it matters...since they all do it and of today's problems, this is picking on tiny sideline issues to an extreme. We're facing multiple wars with more to start.. 16 trillion dollars of doom with true liabilities more like 163 Trillion and THIS is what matters? Ryan did what they all do and played Soup Kitchen man? Oh brother.

We're doomed.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Yes PRESIDENT Obama worked at a soup kitchen in Jan. 2010...and the soup kitchen was grateful to have the PRESIDENT of The United States set an example...not a campaiugn stunt...jan 2010.

Paul Ryan's campaign....FORCED thier way in against the protests of local workers so he could get a photo-op during for the campaign...

The fallacy is called "False Equivelance"...two radically different events. One being the President of the United States setting an example via invitation 2 years ago, another a campaign forcing themselves into a soup kitchen after hours to snap picks to mislead voters during a campaign.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Guys.. C';mon... Next we'll have threads condemning Romney or Ryan for kissing babies and handing out Lollipops.

If Romney or Ryan pulled a baby out of the arms of the mother despite her protests and then had a good looking female campaign aide stand next to him to appear like the mom while Ryan kissed the baby...then you might have an analaogy.

This is up there with the coal workers who had to appear at the Romeny event or lose thier jobs.

It speaks to a campaign that cares nothing for the very people they use to look as if they DO care.

The charity that the Ryan campaign bullied for the sake of a photo-op made to look like Ryan cared about the charity?...actually cost the charity...and Ryan could not give a crap.

It is more gross than ironic.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
lol wth is going on? ok im new to American politics, but whenever i see a problem being stated by a democrat or something about the opposing side, all of a sudden the 2nd post is about attacking Obama but not addressing the issue at hand.

The propaganda on Obama is like 15x more than a democrat starting a thread about republicans.

i thought both party are crap, now i'm leaning toward one side more, at least on ATS.

top topics

join