It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Soo, Im gonna download this movie because I have actually read pretty good reviews about it here at IMDB
Has anyone here seen it? If so tell me what you thought about it.
Ill give you my brief review after ive finished watching it

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

What a piece of trash.

I loved it.

Mind you my favorite films are B movies. This one actually didn't do too too bad. History aside, I give it a 6/10.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Soo, Im gonna download this movie because I have actually read pretty good reviews about it here at IMDB
Has anyone here seen it? If so tell me what you thought about it.
Ill give you my brief review after ive finished watching it

I have it but haven't watched it yet. I've also heard that it's good but can't wrap my head around the premise just yet...

I'll need some quiet time with a bottle of Jack...

Peace

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Well I haven't seen it, but, I worked a few days on it rigging stunts. Plenty of action. I can't tell you what the story is though. I hear it's supposed to be better than you may think.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Lol cool... oh btw, I put this in "Television" but its not a show. I didnt even bother to check to see if there's a Movie forum.
You can place it where you want Tenth, thanks.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I read the book first then watched the movie. I liked the book more, but the gore factor was good.
You will probably enjoy the movie.

The writers are already planning the next film.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I liked it. I thought it would be truly stupid but was actually entertaining. The acting wasnt horrible and the camera work was decent. I loved the story around his axe. It was pretty original. Kept me watching when I'll usually get bored.
edit on 23-10-2012 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Not bad is my vote.
I was entertained and it's not like I expected more. Like Tenth, B-movie fan here, but this one didn't feel B-movie, it was well shot and the main actor does a pretty good job.
It's better than what I thought.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i liked it

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
Not bad is my vote.
I was entertained and it's not like I expected more. Like Tenth, B-movie fan here, but this one didn't feel B-movie, it was well shot and the main actor does a pretty good job.
It's better than what I thought.

See, thats what Im hearing pretty much everywhere that I read about it. Most people shy away from it just from the title alone as I did for a while.
I decided to give a chance though, mostly because I gave this a chance.
Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies (Video 2012)

Source

And was very sorry that I did

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies (Video 2012)

I haven't seen that one
but I would guess vampire hunter is better.
I think it's from a comic, I'm not sure.
I enjoyed it, you will as well.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Believe it or not its pretty good. Not
good, but watchable good. I was really expecting some terrible B-Movie style of writing. I was pleasantly surprised otherwise.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Ok, I watched it and yea it wont win any awards but its a complete pos either, even the acting was decent.
Also, I wouldnt really call this a B movie, its a bit above that and it actually grossed over 100 million at the theaters.
Soo, anyway 6.5 outa 10

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

The scene on the train was pretty good I think.
I think the movie lacked a proper villain. The chief vampire just didn't cut it for me. Lincoln and the rest we're good.
The cinematography was quite good also, in my opinion.
The story wasn't bad either.
The movie has a psychological effect on you as it portrays a world of slaves who would be free, except they belong to a bunch of vampires who are confided to a specific location, blood sacrifices in exchange for peace, so to speak. Then, Lincoln decides to go to war costing the lives of thousands of men, and in turn releasing the wrath of the vampires, spreading them through the rest of the country.
Conclusion: keep the beast locked up and feed it innocent people, for the sake of other innocent people...or go to war with it and risk the entire way of life?

I donno, maybe I'm just talking right out of my backside....who knows?
lol

new topics

top topics

join