It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally heard the voices in my head.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Ok druscilla how do you explain this my dad and i both heard a voice today?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo

In your case, according to the threads you've authored you;

can control UFOs with your mind
aliens talk to you inside your head
you're being gang stalked, by children that get picked up in black vans, and they caused you to lose your job as a pizza delivery, erm, professional
plus many many other sundry self confessional things ...

If you're father also experiences similar such, then, I'd suggest looking into the connection between mental health and heredity.

Signs, symptoms and causes of Schizophrenia

Due your excessive delusions with paranoia, among many of the other symptoms you present in your threads and posts, I'd suggest you get yourself checked out for paranoid delusional schizophrenia.

This isn't a diagnosis or attack on you. It is, however, a strong suggestion that you should speak with a physician in person, telling them all the same things you've spilled out here on ATS, where then you'll have a certified diagnosis.

You asked.

edit on 25-10-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
so your saying my dad and I both hearing the SAME THING at the SAME TIME means it's heredity? Sorry, but that sounds so quackery to me it's not funny. That means the ghost hunters who hear and record voices are having some kind of schizoid mental connection not even being related. Sorry druscilla, you've been taught lies. And the fact you espouse them so dominantly makes me question your true integrity and intent here.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

so your saying my dad and I both hearing the SAME THING at the SAME TIME means it's heredity? Sorry, but that sounds so quackery to me it's not funny. That means the ghost hunters who hear and record voices are having some kind of schizoid mental connection not even being related. Sorry druscilla, you've been taught lies. And the fact you espouse them so dominantly makes me question your true integrity and intent here.

If you're hearing the same thing at the same time at the same location, that's usually what is classified as HEARING.
It involves something called ears.

Your own single exceptional propensity for hearing voices, claiming that they're aliens or alien computers you're telepathically communicating with, as well as your testimony that you can control UFOs with your mind, further compounded by this delusion that you're being gang stalked, as well as other sundry behaviors you present and volunteer exhibiting grandiose fantasy and magical thing far removed from standard convention tells us another story.

imaginary voices
paranoia
grandiosity
magical thinking
hallucinations
delusional thinking

You seem to meet Criterion A for Schizophrenia where:

Criterion A of Schizophrenia requires two (or more) of the following, each present for a significant portion of time during a 1-month period (or less if successfully treated):
1. delusions
2, hallucinations
3. disorganized speech (e.g., frequent derailment or incoherence)
4. grossly disorganized or catatonic behavior
5. negative symptoms, i.e., affective flattening, alogia, or avolition

Note: Criteria A of Schizophrenia requires only one symptom if delusions are bizarre or hallucinations consist of a voice keeping up a running commentary on the person's behavior or thoughts, or two or more voices conversing with each other.

You may NOT, however, be schizophrenic.
Delusional Disorder could be at play where:

1. Nonbizarre delusions (i.e., involving situations that occur in real life, such as being followed, poisoned, infected, loved at a distance, or deceived by spouse or lover, or having a disease) of at least 1 month's duration.
2. Criterion A for Schizophrenia has never been met. Note: Tactile and olfactory hallucinations may be present in Delusional Disorder if they are related to the delusional theme.

In your post history regarding threads you've started, the nature of said threads, content and personal confessions.stories, however, you do, in fact, seem to meet selection for Criterion A on Schizophrenia.

Think what you will.
Protest if you like.
I'm simply pointing out criterion that you happen to meet.

Once again, this is not a diagnosis, but, I suggest you see your physician, get referral for psychiatric evaluation starting with a clinical interview where then you detail all the things you've confessed here on ATS.

If you see a physician and aren't honest about what you're freely broadcasting to everyone on the internet here on ATS, then, don't expect to get an honest diagnosis, or proper treatment, if that is you desire treatment.

As stated before, many who are ignorant of their conditions will attribute the expression of their symptoms commonly to religion, space aliens, metaphysical happenings, supernatural activity, as well as others.
Rarely do these take responsibility for their conditions, and will typically, when confronted deflect causation from themselves through any means of rationalization that casts blame for causation elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Originally posted by dayve
Alotta schizo's posting on here...... Interesting...

Not everyone who hears things are schitzo

2nd

There are several classifications of schizotypes.
Schizotypy for instance.

Note; Schizotypy isn't necessarily a 'bad' thing.
There is such a state as "Healthy" Schizotypy:

Although aiming to reflect some of the features present in diagnosable mental illness, schizotypy does not necessarily imply that someone who is more schizotypal than someone else is more ill. For example, certain aspects of schizotypy may be beneficial. Both the Unusual experiences and Cognitive disorganisation aspects have been linked to Creativity and academic achievement. Jackson proposed the concept of ‘benign schizotypy’ in relation to certain classes of religious experience, which he suggested might be regarded as a form of problem-solving and therefore of adaptive value. The link between positive schizotypy and certain facets of creativity is consistent with the notion of a "healthy schizotypy", which may account for the persistence of schizophrenia-related genes in the population despite their many dysfunctional aspects.

I encourage those unfamiliar with, or biased against Psychological classifications to educate yourselves.
"Crazy" is not a clinical designation, but a societal perception.

Schizotypy in some ways, considering the creative aspects associated with healthy subjects, could be like having Synesthesia which is actually quite a wonderful and fascinating condition.

Thus, it's very possible a schizotype like Schizotypal Personality Disorder, and even Schizophenia may be involved. There are orders of magnitudes to these with high functioning subjects, and as described above 'healthy' Schizotypy.

The magical thinking pursued and admitted by OP regarding OBE and such would point to common Schizotypy, but, this isn't a diagnosis, just an informed observation.

If OP or anyone is curious, there are free clinics that offer clinical interviews that may give a more focused diagnosis. This can also be done with any physician one feels comfortable with, usually referred by your GP.
There are some genetic markers that do indeed present for Schizophrenia if one wants to go that route as far as testing goes.

Most people, unless conditions interfere with their lives, are happy to stay blissfully ignorant, many even attaching religious, or some sort of metaphysical attribution to their conditions.
To each their own.

That was very informative, thank you

I went through the mental health system, and they really do care most of the time.
At least they do if you do.
The thing that makes me wonder about the OP's post is that it was in Russian, which makes me think he somehow picked up some sort of signal somehow. Maybe a filling picked up an AM radio station.
Could of been through a filling, or a brain fart of some kind.
I see your point on the facts of OBEs, however, those things are not necessarily schizo either.
As my own experience showed me going through the system, at this point they are very open to spiritual and "psychic" experiences IF you are open with them and can somehow show them that there is something to it.
I was surprised at their openness with myself.
The brain is a wonderful and very strange creation.
It really does do some weird & wild stuff.

Labels tend to make people defensive though. Especially if they sometimes worry about it themselves, but who wouldn't if they were hearing voices.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: typonese kicking in

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

In answer to your question there is zero chance of the witness humoring me because they called ME to say they saw me materialize in my old room at their house and then went on to describe precisely the actions and demeanor I remember presenting during my little "trip". And no they weren't suggesting the events to me because I recalled them before the phone call took place.

I certainly do not disrespect the mental health field, and I do believe in brain glitches and mental illness. I am extremely understanding of their efforts to combat dysfunction caused by brain chemistry imbalances.

I just am very surprised and dismayed at how very narrow the parameters of mental health are defined. I'm just a layman and wiki may not be the most accurate source, so forgive me if I formed an inaccurate perception, but based on what I read, I get the impression mental health professionals would take issue with some theories the quantum physicists are tossing around these days. Nevermind how they must view advanced Buddhist and Hindu beliefs and experiences. Their view is based on the assumption our scientists know everything there is to know about the structure of the universe, the structure and function of all dimensions and our movements therein, so that anything that does not conform to a very materialistic textbook dry view of existence is somehow a mental dysfunction or malfunction of some sort.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain

In answer to your question there is zero chance of the witness humoring me because they called ME to say they saw me materialize in my old room at their house and then went on to describe precisely the actions and demeanor I remember presenting during my little "trip". And no they weren't suggesting the events to me because I recalled them before the phone call took place.

I certainly do not disrespect the mental health field, and I do believe in brain glitches and mental illness. I am extremely understanding of their efforts to combat dysfunction caused by brain chemistry imbalances.

I just am very surprised and dismayed at how very narrow the parameters of mental health are defined. I'm just a layman and wiki may not be the most accurate source, so forgive me if I formed an inaccurate perception, but based on what I read, I get the impression mental health professionals would take issue with some theories the quantum physicists are tossing around these days. Nevermind how they must view advanced Buddhist and Hindu beliefs and experiences. Their view is based on the assumption our scientists know everything there is to know about the structure of the universe, the structure and function of all dimensions and our movements therein, so that anything that does not conform to a very materialistic textbook dry view of existence is somehow a mental dysfunction or malfunction of some sort.

That's all very well.
However, in all studies that have examined OBE, subjects were always incapable of describing anything in a closed room they were instructed to travel to.

Out of body Experiences - Your brain is to blame: NY Times

Out of Body mindset -Psychology today

Those are just two simple articles. Many more are available for those interested in conducting their own search strings.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Why is it that people find the concept of telepathy between humans "impossible" or "crazy talk"? Have they not had instances of reading each others mind topics after periods of long conversation, or after sitting in the same viscinity with others? How about the characteristic "finishing each others thoughts" with your s/o, another who is in tune or harmony with your mindset? Do those people have no sense of angels, demons, spirits, or any other paranormal phenomenon, or give credit to those who have had such experiences? There is research into cultures who thought this was perfectly normal (and not simply the lead cup poisoning problem), and of a "golden age" of man, where humans practiced an evolved sense of inner truth, and kept up a genuine loving state that allowed them to speak directly with their Creator. Christians speak in the Holy Spirit with others afar, and the same phenomenon is experienced by satanists with others via unholy spirits, or the"seething energies of Satan").

Here is the simple truth. To hear voices, even hold conversations in mind, is perfectly normal fo many of us. It does not determine any of us as insane, although it's easy to cenceive how association with evil sorts, or evil spirits, could easily lead to such for some. Psychiatry is full of quacks who, with extreme presumption, claim to be able to define what is "normal behaviour" for others of society. The problem is that the allopathic brain-washing they receive from universities, funded often by big pharmaceutical companies, indoctrinates them over the course of 5-10 years into forsworn mendicants who cover only a select set of industry-approved angles which relate back to proscribing medications. The other problem is that they only net in the genuinely insane, or those who have been driven that way by nieve association with evil sorts, or those who have been victimized by the same. For what is likely the majourity of us, our lives incorporate healthy associations, we have learned to reckon with the unhealthy associations, and we can use our gifts wisely enough never to fall into the hands of these professional vultures.

In the future there will an increase in mind control devices, beaming transmissions from satellites, inducing psychopathic states via drugs, etc. as technology continues to burgeon in it's exponential growth. From what I've read on Russian tech, and Nazi experimentation, it's fairly easy to manipulate minds from afar into believing things also, so whatever one hears (these days) ought to have a certain amount of questioning attached. It's unfortunate tech can mimic this, because such gifts and ability are real, and can be opened up, although I think it takes many years of experience before one really gets the gist.

Try for yourself if you don't believe it, just keep an open mind, and concentrate on beaming a thought or two back and forth with someone you a) care about, b) consider you know reasonably well, and c) someone you trust.
Even if it's one try out of ten, you might get to see your living proof that telepathy, even limited telepathy, exists.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Northwarden because: typos & more typos

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

My first experience with telepathy was in High School with a teacher of mine.
I KNOW it is a real and valid ability.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

hahahh schmuck

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Thank you for those links. I can only respond with my own "that's all very well" because I know my own experience and the veracity of it. But I do not expect anyone to take me at my word on it and I agree that would not be very scientific or wise. My anecdotes do not constitute unshakeable proof of anything, not even to myself. While I'm pretty sure my experience with the witnessed OBE means it did in fact take place, I would never be so divorced from common sense to bet the house on it! At most I can base a certain open-minded attitude toward strange phenomena and be confident my experiences support at least that much. Especially any experiences with reliable witnesses.

I straddle the fence because to me, it seems the reasonable thing to do. In all of my previous postings of my own dealings with the paranormal, I've stated time and time again that I've been very pragmatic, taking both a spiritual based course of action, and...to cover all my bases, consulted a medical doctor about my mental and physical health issues. Yes I absolutely and openly admit I had a schizophrenic parent. Of course I'm aware I could develop the illness. Trust me, I've got a personal checklist to make sure I don't go off the rails and a full game plan endorsed by my family to get me treated ASAP if I do. I've seen medical professionals work wonders with schizophrenia and I have responded really well to treatment for post partum issues. I do not have the typical ATS hostility to mental health care.

Where I take issue with the business of mental health as it currently stands is that it won't grant me even that much without assigning a label indicating an unhealthy mindset. It seems an all or nothing deal, either I accept a completely materialistic view of existence, making no allowances for the existence of what we currently consider the "paranormal", or I concede I've got some type of schizotypy . IF I've correctly understood all the jargon I waded through.

I guess in the final analysis I can't blame them. The medical field has to deal with known, quantifiable data. I do not long for a return to days where every illness was treated by a shaman type of authority. I just hope paranormal studies someday catches up to give us alternative explanations of why sounds and voices could suddenly appear out of nowhere when medical explanations won't cover all the bases.

And I don't believe it's all in somebody's head in every case...and again I have reason for staying open minded. I almost forgot, but again, I think I've talked about this before on ATS, when I was about 14 one summer I was recording Blondie's Heart of Glass from my radio to a Radio Shack recorder. In the middle of the song I got surrounded by all these weird moaning and groaning sounds behind me. My skin did break out in goosebumps and I was pretty shocked and scared to move until it all stopped. I know I didn't imagine it because I got the sounds on tape. Sounds that came literally out of nowhere with no logical explanation.

I do NOT have the tape anymore. The quality was dreadful to begin with and the sound degraded on that cheap Certron tape within a couple of years and I didn't get a dual deck until I was about 18 so I didn't make a copy even when it was fresh. I did play it once for my husband when I was in my 20's and it was mush. I've lost track of where the tape itself is.

Again, it is not sufficient proof for purposes of winning an argument on this thread...it is just sufficient evidence for me to keep an open mind about the things I read in this thread.

P.s....again...I also go back to the possibility some "paranormal" sounds we experience are just tests of technology not publicly disclosed yet. Nothing "woo woo" about that. It's not even paranoid thinking. I don't think the government is out to get anybody. They test technology of all kinds all the time. Sometimes inadvertently, some things are witnessed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join