It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally heard the voices in my head.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
First off, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I am sure the mods will help a brother out here if it is.

I have heard the stories and read the threads about it. I have marveled at what it must be like to actually audibly hear something that was only in your head. I have heard my own voice before in my head as we all do when we are thinking about something. But it really isn't "audible". It is more like just a thought of what our voice sounds like.

Last night I woke up from a terrible dream which I rarely, if ever, have.
I was lying there awake when I decided to check to see what time it was.
I went to bed extra early. As many of you know, I stay up pretty late debating with you all. Normally until about 2 or sometimes 3 am. Last night I went to bed extra early, at Midnight. When I checked the clock on my phone it was 3:00 am. I got up to pee and laid back down.

I only mention all of these boring details because I know someone is going to say "maybe you were sleeping and only thought you were awake". NO, I even woke my wife up when I flushed the toilet. I was awake.

When I lay back down, I was laying there for maybe a minute or two thinking to myself "wow, I really need to fall asleep, I have a big day ahead of me tomorrow" (Wife getting induced, baby on the way, it's ok she is asleep now, I am not neglecting her,lol)

The Meat of the story

In my head there was a distinctand sharp buzzing sound, which I am familiar with from having astral projected many times in my life, but instead of leaving my body, I saw a bright white flash of light and then heard some dude talking in what sounded to me like Russian. It was frustrating to be sure because I couldn't make out a damn thing he was saying but when I tell you I heard him, I mean I HEARD him. Loud and clear as if he were sitting right next to me.

The very FIRST thing I thought was "Ok, are you sure you're not dreaming"? All I can say is that I was AS sure THEN as I am now. No more, no less.

There is no real end to the story, no real cliff hanger.
This was it.

I post this, not to see if anyone can offer me an explination cuz I'm pretty sure there isn't one.
At least not one that I am going to be able wrap my mind around.

I want to know how many other people have had this or sometihng similar happen to them.
I read a thread recently which discussed something similar and plan on adding to that thread as well.
All I can say is that this is Friggin bizzare and I kinda hope it doesn't happen again because I don't know what to do with it. I definately feel crazy and wouldn't dare mention this to a therapist,

edit on 23-10-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have heard my own voice quite clearly too. Although inside my head, it was of a manner that it really should have come from outside, only I wasn't talking!

But I have also had one occasion when I heard the word "Shoshone" just as clear as day just moments after I had turned out the lights to go to sleep. It wasn't longer than just moments after that light went out either so there is zero chance I had miraculously fallen to sleep in the interim. I was still quite wide awake. But the voice was so very clear that I had to sit up and look around.

Just the other day I heard a woman with a slight British accent say my name several times. It sounded like it was right next to me but was at the same time very quiet. Full volume but barely audible. Nothing but my name was said.

I have heard a lot of other strange things too lately, but not voices and certainly not things that could be heard given their location and volume. Fortunately, I have been with other people in the room at the time (most times but not every time) so it's not just me hearing this stuff. It is real -- or as real as anything is.

Something is going on and I suspect it has to do with a lot of things all converging on us at a very significant juncture in Earth's history. Things are getting really to be a good deal of fun here finally!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

It will be interesting to see if you hear him again.
I hear voices once and a while, but now it is like when I pick up a piece of trash and I hear a name of who it belongs to.

Off and on throughout my life I have heard a voice that says my name, or answers a question out of thin air. Perhaps this will happen to you, or it could just be one of those things and nothing may come of it. It is kind of like the person who was projecting themselves onto my couch the other week. I have no idea who it was, but they sat there and then would disappear when I looked at them. No voices with that one, so I dunno who it was, just suspect someone was projecting themselves. Perhaps someone is projecting themselves to you?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have to apologise If my post insults anyone but I'm not all to clued up with metaphysics and whatever is trending at the moment regarding it. . .

... but I have to ask. . .

Why the hell would you wanna hear voices? Why all the excitement?

Personally I'd be stressed and very concerned if I start hearing foreign voices in my head.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
one time i heard a womans voice..i am a man.

I went to the kitchen to get some water and out of the blue a woman said "Do you want a egg sandwich" i joke you not!!
I said susususure...and stood there baffled lol

it never happen again just the one time
edit on 23-10-2012 by KentuckyMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KentuckyMan

That happened to my x wife. She thought I was standing behind her one day and asked me if I wanted a hot dog and a voice said no thank you. She turned around and no one was there. I had left to the store about 10 minutes earlier..lol

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Ive heard people speak to me several times before. Ive also heard random conversations that I was essentially eves dropping on, all right as I might be falling asleep. Once, someone just shouted, rather loudly, "HEY!!" right at me, and I 'woke up' with a start.

I usually get excited that something out of the ordinary is actually happening to me for a change, get a little rush of adrenaline, and of course its all over at that point and Im sunk back into this mundane, base world.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

That happened to my x wife. She thought I was standing behind her one day and asked me if I wanted a hot dog and a voice said no thank you. She turned around and no one was there. I had left to the store about 10 minutes earlier..lol

Lol see i aitn crazy lol
I have a hella theory on it but its to long to go into lol

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Well spill the beans man, cause I dunno why or what it was.

Maybe give us the super condensed version

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DariusHames
I have to apologise If my post insults anyone but I'm not all to clued up with metaphysics and whatever is trending at the moment regarding it. . .

... but I have to ask. . .

Why the hell would you wanna hear voices? Why all the excitement?

Personally I'd be stressed and very concerned if I start hearing foreign voices in my head.

I don't think I said anywhere that I "wanted" to hear voices in my head. I only stated that it finally happened to "ME". I also said that I marvled at the idea of it as I have had a hard time understanding, comprehending, or sometimes believing it.

"It finally happened to me" means that I no longer have a hard time believing it or wondering what it would be like to have such a thing happen. I also stated at the end of the OP that I'm not sure that I want this to happen again as it is really disconcerting.

I neglected to mention that it seemed to me at the time to be some sort of radio announcer/DJ. It had the feel of a broadcast and kinda had that radio broadcaster sound to his voice. But, as I said, I all appeared to be in Russian so I couldn't understand a word of it. THe cadence of his tone wasn't urgent or forboding. As another poster pointed out, it seemed as though I was eves dropping. IF I had a short wave radio nearby I would have sworn that it somehow got turned on. But, there wasn't.

edit on 23-10-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Why would you say "Finally" heard the voices in my head?

Sounds like you were waiting to hear them, the mind is a complicated thing, if hearing voices is something you have been waiting for, then in your relaxed state maybe you simply vividly imagined hearing something you have been waiting to hear.

Just to add....I have heard vivid voices before when I am super relaxed or tired, usually the voice of someone I know, but not all the time, sometimes it's a random voice that can really startle me....but in my opinion it is nothing more than a mixture of tiredness and an over active imagination.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
it's called hypnogogia, it happen's to alot of people including me.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by Screwed

Why would you say "Finally" heard the voices in my head?

Sounds like you were waiting to hear them, the mind is a complicated thing, if hearing voices is something you have been waiting for, then in your relaxed state maybe you simply vividly imagined hearing something you have been waiting to hear.

If you need to believe that I was waiting to hear voices in my head in order for you to be able to make sense of this then I am not going to stand in your way.

I can't remember ever wanting to hear some Russian dude talking about God knows what but maybe deep deep down inside I have always sectretly longed for it.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Don't misinterpret my words. I'm not trying to insult you, just curious.

From your title is seemed as if you wanted this to happen or you've been expecting to happen.

Infact, from you thread is seems as if you have extensive knowledge about the phenomena. So I'm merely curious as to what the theory behind it is?

Maybe next time if this happens again you'll be more prepared and write down the words that are being spoken or even remember them in order for you do to research and find some kind of translation for it.

Though, you have to understand, from my perspective - and its only cause I don't know a whole lot about the subject - I instantly assume mental disease when I see "I'm hearing voices".

Don't get me wrong. I'm not shooting this down as you having some psychological illness of any sort.

But I would like to know why your interest in it?
edit on 23-10-2012 by DariusHames because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

Cool, I have never heard that word in my life.
Time to do some reading on it.
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I had a friend of mine who was diagnosed with Schizophrenia. While he was on medicine, he explained the "voices" he heard off of his medicine were very different from the voices he heard while on his medicine.

While off of his medicine, the voices would say things to him like "Chew your food." and it would be in different voices. Some would say things to make him paranoid and some would give him ideas on what to say.

While he was on his medicine, the voices would only be of himself talking or saying things to himself without influence.

I don't necessarily think that is what is happening in these cases, just thought I would throw that out there.

This phenomenon and many like it, fascinate me.

I often hear myself talk in my head. I am usually "rehearsing" something I am fixing to say.

Those voices are very different from the Hypnagogia Sounds I hear before falling asleep. Those tend to be short blurbs of sentences, or simple sounds, I hear as I am trying to fall asleep. Those always freak me out.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hi

You say you astral project quite a lot, so you'll know what I mean here, this is my experience, quite similar to yours:

I was willingly projecting one night, i'd got to the point where I was just about to split from my body (my body had gone through all the usual tingling etc) and I heard the zapping buzzing noises you said you had, then I heard a man, right next to my ear (I was 16 at the time, no man in my bed!) with a really deep low voice laughing maliciously. He said something unsupportive about me astral projecting but I can't remember what he said now. i then heard an awful screeching cat sort of noise.
Needless to say I was scared SO by that that I willed myself back to my body and didn't sleep the rest of the night. haha

Anyway, I'm just thinking that as you'd heard the buzz, that's often the noise we hear when we split from our physical bodies, isn't it... so I guess it was just one of the wonderful (please note sarcasm) beings that try and scare you back into your body when you're projecting - so annoying!

It's quite a fascinating experience though, isn't it - hearing voices. wow I sound insane, haha. I had a lovely experience a few years ago, in waking state, not even astral projecting. I'd watched a movie and it was over, I was just alone and I was just about to turn off the tv and go to bed when I had a stream of non-stop words coming into my head. Sentence after sentence of positive information about how we are all connected, like a spiders web. It was wonderful and I would never had thought of it myself, I could feel it being put into my head by a female energy.

It's sort of like you've got headphones on inside your brain, haha - so you're hearing something but it's bypassing your ears.

I've also head a good explanation on you tube from a guy who a voice telepathically, he said it's like when you read a sentence, you can hear what you're reading but it's not from an external source, it's internal - sometimes it's in your own voice, sometimes it's not.

I think it's one of those things that unless you've experienced it yourself, you can't fully understand.

edit on 23-10-2012 by I3utterfly because: removed a little bit

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I have picked up many voices over the years some i hear outside my mind as if an invisible person is in the room and others from inside my mind. some of the voices are a one off and i haven't heard them again others keep coming and i think the ones that are familiar are my guides (spirits) and or the visitors (aliens).

I have had one sounding similar to what you heard (like a radio signal)

male: Spy Operative.
me: who?
male: group leader.
me: what's his name?
male: Johnson.
me: what's the groups name?

then i felt a sharp pain behind my left ear on the side of my skull.

When i told my husband about this incident, he suggested i may have picked up someone training out in the field, and the reason my ear hurt was because i caused his hearing piece to overload, and that's what the pain was that i felt behind my ear. this is just his theory, i have no idea if this is in fact the what happened.

I wonder if you picked up something similar? and can you sound out any of the words you heard so as to attempt to look them up and get a gist of what the conversation was about.

Love and harmony
Whateva

edit on 23/10/12 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Its pretty creepy when you're just laying there, trying to sleep and all of sudden you hear a strange voice. It happened to me a couple of times and it scared the crap out of me the first time. I couldn't go back to sleep after that, and I had to go to work the next day very, very tired. I could never make out what exactly what was being said, but it was clear enough that I knew it wasn't the voice you normally hear in your head, and it was so loud and distinct. So weird.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DariusHames

There are many people that know of "voices in the head" but haven't yet experienced it. Op is saying, that he has finally experienced it after reading about it for so long.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join