It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Deployed Nuclear Warheads In Turkey.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The United States of America deploys around 70 B61 nuclear bombs in Turkey to use them in case of necessary. According to a Turkish news agency citing well informed sources, all of the bombs are deployed in the Turkish Incirlik air base in Adana, south of the country.

english.ruvr.ru...

www.almanar.com.lb...

english.farsnews.com...

All appear to be coming from the same source, but this is quiet the slip isn't it? (Although it was predicted in the Bible that Damascus would be levelled, and Turkey borders Syria) Although, I doubt these are intended for Syria because even if Chemical Weapons are used on their own people, it would be a conventional military intervention.

What do you guys think>?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

If they were deployed that long ago, it's probably the last remnants of the cold war. I doubt they would be used for anything at all... this slip of tongue almost seems planned. A little wink wink towards, innocent until proven guilty, Iran.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Oh man, though i have some credibility issues with the source, a little light reading has revealed that the scenario is more then plausible.

As of 2005, they are deployed in Europe under the NATO nuclear sharing arrangement.[4] NATO has agreed to vastly improve the capabilities of this force with the increased accuracy of the B61 Mod.12 upgrade and the stealthy delivery of the F-35.[5]

Nuclear sharing is a concept in NATO's policy of nuclear deterrence, which involves member countries without nuclear weapons of their own in the planning for the use of nuclear weapons by NATO, and in particular provides for the armed forces of these countries to be involved in delivering these weapons in the event of their use.

As part of nuclear sharing, the participating countries carry out consultations and take common decisions on nuclear weapons policy, maintain technical equipment required for the use of nuclear weapons (including warplanes capable of delivering them), and store nuclear weapons on their territory.

Of the three nuclear powers in NATO (France, the United Kingdom and the United States), only the United States has provided weapons for nuclear sharing. As of November 2009, Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Turkey are still hosting U.S

Source

JOIN NATO, free decoder rings and nuclear weapons at your door step in 2-3 weeks.

They could have already been there for a long time too ofcourse

edit on 23-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I would suggest that they have nukes in all NATO countries where they have airbases, just in case!!

They have been there for sometime, so I don't think they will be using them anyday soon, well hopefully not!!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I don't think this is a new threat to the region. Chances are, we have hundreds of nuclear warheads in the Middle East already. Not to mention nuclear submarines off the shores of Iran.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
There have been NATO nuclear weapons on Turkish soil since the 1950's.

As one member said, they are a remnant of the cold war, what is the surprise?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
There have been NATO nuclear weapons on Turkish soil since the 1950's.

As one member said, they are a remnant of the cold war, what is the surprise?

Who is surprised? From what i have seen, no one has clearly doubted the claim from what i can see.

Right now the most important thing to clarify if the weapons have been moved or deployed from their original state just being in storage from the cold war.

Where they always at this base?
Have planes been armed with them?

But a few unanswered questions.

It WOULD suprise me if these weapons were currently sitting on the wings of a readied jet.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is fantastic news... Now lets just make sure they know how to use them

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

JOIN NATO, free decoder rings and nuclear weapons at your door step in 2-3 weeks.

We store American Nukes in Eastern Canada.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't much about nukes but 70 seems like a good bit... Unfortunately we do not know the full intentions but like a previous member said, I bet all NATO countries have them. Perhaps it is a means of intimidation and they wanted the news leak to happen?? Excellent find regardless!!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You'd think for safety and environmental reasons the Canadiens would not like that? But then again, what are they going to say to the American military? They are both in NATO too so I could see that as an excuse.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
All appear to be coming from the same source, but this is quiet the slip isn't it? (Although it was predicted in the Bible....
What do you guys think>?

Sounds to me like the US purposely let this slip considering all that is going on in the region. I say it's simply for show.

For now......

I'm sure the world's other two "BIG DOGS" Russia and China took notice.

link   

Do we? I was not entirely sure.

I was looking at this map a bit.

Yellow means:

Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, commonly known as the Non-Proliferation Treaty or NPT, is a landmark international treaty whose objective is to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons and weapons technology, to promote cooperation in the peaceful uses of nuclear energy and to further the goal of achieving nuclear disarmament and general and complete disarmament.[1]

Orange means a sharing nation and red are nations with Nuclear weapons.

Thus another reason i was to visit the east coast. To track down those pesky weapons

EDIT: I see a tiny red dot on the coast of Newfoundland! That explains a lot about the locals. Haha just kidding

link   
double posty

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Do we? I was not entirely sure.

Yellow means:

Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, commonly known as the Non-Proliferation Treaty or NPT, is a landmark international treaty whose objective is to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons and weapons technology, to promote cooperation in the peaceful uses of nuclear energy and to further the goal of achieving nuclear disarmament and general and complete disarmament.[1]

Orange means a sharing nation and red are nations with Nuclear weapons.

Thus another reason i was to visit the east coast. To track down those pesky weapons

We/ATS had a discussion about this last year, and after some old links and source, it appears we do have some stored. and it would only make sense.

Anyways.... I also heard US has Nukes in Tractor Trailers that drive around the country, to have some mobile, impossible to detect in case they are needed. (This is probably false, because i remember a plane accicently flew over the US with Nukes loaded and it caused an International sh|t-storm.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Putin won't be happy, assuming he hasn't already known about it.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Why is Iran Yellow?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Iran is yellow because they probably paid someone off.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Lol yea sure there's no nukes in Australia protecting American interests in the southern hemisphere

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
hope they count them every week,incase ones missing . so much for world peace..its more like solid propaganda

top topics

<<   2 >>

join