Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Junk Food, Obesity and Fat Profits

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Every since 1980´s amount of fast food companies have increased in America also in Europe and Asia. What they offer is high carb food and lot of fat. In 2050 its estimated that every third American has diabetes type 2, at the moment 2 out of 3 American is overweighted and 1 out of 3 is obesity so it looks like this scene of 2050 outbreak is coming sooner than predicted. How much people have gained weight in last 30 years in general is not even close to that prediction of 2050 its gonna be worse.
This makes rich people richer and poor people poorer when they do not afford medication or decent food. Its seems like a vicious circle which is not an easy task to break. This will make insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies profits higher and higher each year.

This is 20 mins video you propably would like to see

What really bothers is change should be done now there is no excuses to not to start better lifestyle, what you teach to your children is crucial, stop this circle now when you still have the money to choose differently and say no to junk food companies. If you have money to luxury products like parfyms, tobacco, coffee and booze why can´t you find the money for vegetables.
edit on 23-10-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I gave up drinking pop about 3 years ago and I lost about 3 to 4 pounds in the span of a couple of weeks. I cook, so I don't have much need for fast food. It's nice once every blue moon. My kryptonite is potato chips. Why do they have to have so many delicious flavors, gggrrr.
edit on 23-10-2012 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

I eat fast food rarely, maybe once a year just to taste the flavour, its addictive. We have always had healthy diet but after celiac disease hubby and son had diagnosed, we eat even more raw food than ever. So as im not the celiac in our family i have this hamburger graving once a year and i sneak out then on my own

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I noticed its cheaper to buy gatorade than it is to buy water. What does that say? Would they rather have us drinking artificial beverages?

Water = free

Gatorade = water + additives = not free

Yet water is more expensive in the stores?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

Its the image they are selling us, we think its better than tab water even its not.

over 90% of the money go to bottling, shipping, packaging, marketing, and of course, profits ! But hey, things can get even better; not only do you pay almost two thousand times more for water, you don’t even know for sure what you get. Numerous water producers show a lack of transparency when it comes to water quality, and about 18 percent of water producers in the US don’t state where they get their water from, and more than a third say nothing about the treatment and purity of water.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Almost every person that i work with buys their lunch out of the vending machine. A simple sandwich has a list of ingredients that is a paragraph long. When I tell people its bad for them they don't believe me. I am at 10% body fat which is a healthy amount and people tell me I am to skinny and that i look sick. Most of them are over weight.
Its funny that i eat more often then most of these obese people. I eat home cooked healthy meats, veggies and fruits and exercise every day, and these people say i am unhealthy.
edit on 23-10-2012 by justin366 because: To add more

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Oh how I wish and hope this thread gets hundreds of flags and stars. This is SO important to every person. I watched the vid from start to finish and wow. I remember when NY wanted to stop selling ultra large drinks. Remember how people were furious and claimed they'd just buy two medium drinks or keep refilling them anyway? Right there is a huge issue in itself. Sure we can't force folk to eat healthy, nor to eat in moderation, but come on. Wouldn't you think knowing the USA is the fattest most unhealthy country in the world, and ones life is at risk by continuing to eat horrific foods/drinks, people would want to eat more healthy?

Sure, crud food is cheap. And that's the saddest fact I heard in that entire vid. It makes sense though. I mean, how else to TPTB et al get money? From the ill. A cure stops that revenue while keeping them on diabetes meds, heart meds etc makes tons of money monthly.

Greed is so putrid and foul and we're dying because of it. Living miserably because of it. I think even if people can't afford 100% healthy food, th

They should at least balance it out somewhat so they're not relying on Big Mac's and Pepsi to feed them. Toss a salad in there with low fat dressing. Nibble on some veggies. I'd say fruit but even that is loaded with sugars. :/ I love the idea they're doing in the grade school with the salad bar and mini cooking classes. We NEED that throughout the USA, desperately. And we need to go back to 1970's sized dinner plates. You know. The plates we refer to as dessert/salad plates today.

I can't see anyone claiming they love fast food constantly and honestly meaning it. And thinking it's good for them. Sadly, affordability is what drives most.
I suppose some don't care about their health - but I guarantee 100% will upon having a heart attack, clogged arteries, etc.

So so sad. And frustrating. Even Michelle Obama tried to get healthy food going and people dissed it.

That kinda nauseates me to be honest. Here, learn to eat well so you'll be free of dilemma and life threatening disease....... and people dissed it.

I'm getting into the raw food thing. At least for 50% of my food intake. Everything else I make myself from as home made as possible. Least i know what's going into my food. I try to stay away from processed as much as I can though enjoy the splurge now and then. Though I DO need to lower my soda intake and get more into green teas. :/ we all have our flaws after all.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

You are eating healty ! The funny thing is that not many even know what is healthy diet its totally opposite of the main stream what people eat, if hamburger has lettuce in it its just not even close enough.
Here is recommedation of our minitry of health in my country..

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
How much people have gained weight in last 30 years in general is not even close to that prediction of 2050 its gonna be worse.This makes rich people richer and poor people poorer when they do not afford medication or decent food.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I was addicted to take out food in 2010. I would order out like 4 times a week (disgusting I know) and it got to the point where I was like 60lbs overweight. I just craved it like nothing else.
In the end, I was so disgusted with myself every time I went to go order, that I just quit cold turkey last June on my birthday.
I've lost 24lbs since then, and with regular exercise, I'm on track to getting back to a normal weight.

But I will say this. There is no way people can say junk food isn't addictive. I don't have an addictive nature. I've never been addicted to anything before in my life. Not drugs, not cigarettes, not anything. But I would find all kinds of ways to get that crap down my throat.
I'd throw tantrums, I'd plead and beg to be able to buy it. I'd bargain for it. What a disgusting way to have lived.
It's a real dark area in my life, and I hate even talking about it, but if it helps add a little colour to the thread, I'm ok with that I guess.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by troody12
How much people have gained weight in last 30 years in general is not even close to that prediction of 2050 its gonna be worse.This makes rich people richer and poor people poorer when they do not afford medication or decent food.
Des Moines Mixed Martial Arts

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Very true Information. Actually we mostly give importance to our desire not health once we will learn control desire obesity will be solve.

[spam link removed]

edit on 1/15/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
By consuming vegetables daily can help us to maintain a good and healthy life. Eating lots of vegetables as part of a low-fat, high-fiber diet may help reduce blood pressure, manage weight, and reduce risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and cancer. And they taste great.

Food is that which nurtures us, body and soul; which makes us more alive.
So being a vegan is good for health.so do avoid junk foods and make your self-habituated to vegetables.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Really a nice discussion indeed. Obesity is a growing problem in teenagers.My teen age daughter's friends have gained too much of weight to their age. They have already facing obesity related problems like PCOs, irregular menstrual cycles etc. Their parents fail to stop them eating junk foods, soft drinks,chocolates and chips. I feel, explaining them about obesity related health problems may help these teens to practice healthy eating habits. Instead of outdoor games watching TV shows, video games have become their favorite pass time.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
By avoiding junk foods we can lead a healthy life.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

I'm not a person who eats healthy but I don't eat mcdonalds or KFC everyday either, I'm really tall so even if i eat alot when i grow i lose it.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
reply to post by sarra1833

You are eating healty ! The funny thing is that not many even know what is healthy diet its totally opposite of the main stream what people eat, if hamburger has lettuce in it its just not even close enough.
Here is recommedation of our minitry of health in my country..

There is really nice post. I am totally agree with you. It is really most informatibe post. I would like thanks to you that you share this article here with us. According to me this diet plan is perfect.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Healthy living is very important for human beings. It's also important to watch what you eat. Good food can help us to live healthier. Healthy food contains Fruits , green vegetables, eggs, dairy product and we shoud avoid junk food because they causes different health related problems.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Healthy living is very important for human beings. It's also important to watch what you eat. Good food can help us to live healthier. Healthy food contains Fruits , green vegetables, eggs, dairy product and we shoud avoid junk food because they causes different health related problems.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Obesity and overweight pose a major risk for serious diet-related chronic diseases, including type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension and stroke, and certain forms of cancer. The health consequences range from increased risk of premature death, to serious chronic conditions that reduce the overall quality of life.
For the USA:
of 22 industrialized countries, the U.S. has the highest obesity statistics
2/3 of Americans over age 20 are overweight
nearly 1/3 of Americans over age 20 are obese
Overweight and obesity lead to adverse metabolic effects on blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides and insulin resistance.
One of the best hospital in Bangalore, India . Read patients and their loved ones stories of completing their journeys towards health and happiness with Fortis life changing surgeries. You don't have to take our word for it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join