It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. OUIJA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I started using a vintage 1972 Parker Brothers Ouija board in February of 2010. I was alone every time i've used it. The first few weeks I had it I waited and waited and waited patiently for the board to work. It didn't. I was disappointed, but still hopeful.

I stopped using it for a few months because I didn't want to take a chance on wasting my time again, but around summer of the same year I thought "why not? I've got the time". I was in my bedroom with 3 fingers from both hands on the planchette. after about 10 minutes I relax my eyelids (not closed, but not completely open) and I start to move the planchette in big circles on the board very fast (this is me doing this in a attempt to "warm" the board up) until small circles and very slow. Eventually the planchette is at rest and I calmly and quietly ask if there is a spirit who would like to speak to me. No answer at first.

As I sat there (about 15 minutes in) calm and patient I suddenly started to feel a very chilly/tingly sensation that I must say i've never felt before in my life. It started from my fingertips all the way to my toes. My hands felt like blocks of ice. I felt exhausted and slightly dizzy. I could feel my heart pounding and sweat started to drip from my underarms. I wasn't scared or nervous in any way before this happened. As I was feeling this, the planchette started to move.

At this point i'm getting freaked out and I can't even focus on the fact that the planchette is finally moving. All I can think about is what is going on with my body. I literally felt like the energy in my body was being drained from me. I immediately moved the planchette with my fingers to the word "goodbye" and put the board away. The sweating stopped and I felt normal again, but a little confused and shocked.

A few weeks later I decided to use the board again, and ever since I get the same sensation, just not as harsh ( usually have to stuff tissue under my arms during sessions, it gets that bad, and i don't know why). I can never get past the word "yes" or the sun. Maybe I need more people with me. I don't know, but I haven't used it in several months. I guess just my energy alone isn't enough. Or maybe there's a logical explanation of what happened to me. i can tell you one thing, it definitely wasn't because i was getting scared. If anything, I was skeptical.

Nothing strange ever happened around my house before or after that. Nothing ever felt evil.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I also have a story of something that happened to a family friend a long long time ago. She was an old lady and became obsessed with the ouija board. I have to talk to my mother and grandmother tonight to get the story straight, but it was pretty wild.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia
reply to post by resoe26

I played with one quite a few times when I was pregnant...which was 8 years ago. I kept wanting to play with it with my friends.

At first we would just a ask a few questions and it would move on it's own. It was a strange feeling.

I promised my husband and our room mates that we wouldn't play with it inside.

So one day my husband was at work and the room mates were gone and me and my friend decided that we would ask one question and be done. My friend did not believe it would work and she thought all the other times I had played with it that I was moving it.

So we both put four fingers on it and I said if there is anything in here we would like to ask you a question....then I asked are you here to harm us?

It shot to yes so fast that me and my friends hands flew off of it because it frightened us on how fast it moved.

So that night I wake up and my husband is on the floor crying. I asked him what was wrong,did you have a nightmare? He said it sure didn't seem like a nightmare.

He told me that a black figure was standing in the corner speaking backwards and then started moving towards him. He said the feeling it was giving him was the most terrifying feeling he had ever felt.

I then told him what I had done.

So we just threw the game away.

I don't think you should play with them. Everything I've read about them is not good.

A perfect example of what many warn about.And as Rabbit stated is like Russian roulette.Just say no.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibborium
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree with you Wrabbit2000. I wince when I hear of others "playing" with a ouija board. How ever, I do have a bit different view point. It is not just the ouija board, but any medium used to make contact with the "other side". My mother, as a teen, used to gather with her friends to play what they thought was a harmless parlor trick called Table Walking.

In this "game" everyone stood around a regular kitchen type table and placed both hands, palms down on the top surface. Then, they would all "focus on the table" and think dance. The table would literally jump up and down and move around the room, actually leaving the ground. Mom played this game many times when her friends would come over until one evening, when her grandmother was visiting. When mom's grandmother discovered what they were doing, she went into a bedroom, closed the door and prayed that God's spirit would prevail and that satan would be overcome. Mom and the other girls did not know what her grandmother was doing, however, they did witness the table drop to the ground and would no longer move. Game over.

Any time we open ourselves to the "other side" we open our selves to the unknown.

So this game is "demonic" then in a way? I think I'm going to try it tomorrow on my birthday (26th) for fun... unless well, it is demonic.... I just don't understand how these things can be harmful yet available for the average person to do. I know it says in the Bible something like, "never contact spirits", but playing this game isn't contacting spirits... Seems like focusing on the "8th" chakra?

Ever heard of diamagnetic human levitation??

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

reply to post by kryton

kryton you are correct. My sister and I used the ouija when we were kids. I found it fascinating but tired of it quickly, but my sister was hooked. When she couldn't get me to participate any longer, she would sit for hours with the board and planchit asking questions. After a period of several months I noticed she was no longer using the ouija and I asked her why. She told me that after awhile the spirit told her she would no longer need the board to communicate, that he would come in person and speak with her, all she needed to do was will it to happen.

All the time my sister was living at home, she would tell me about the entities visits and about the things they would talk about. My sister has told me many times, she will wake up and the entity is standing over her while she is sleeping. He is a black whisp from the armpits up. He has never physically harmed her, but he does like to scare and torment her. My sister is in her 60's now and the last time I spoke with her about it, he was still there.

Be careful what you open, it can be almost impossible to shut.

Has she ever stated what this spirit would say to her even to this day?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by resoe26

To tell you the truth I don't know if I believe in spirits. I'm leaning more towards the parallel dimensions and different planes of existence due to different vibrational frequencies. But I never really experienced one or the other with out a shadow of a doubt so I can't really say. But to me one is as interesting as the other. The scientific approach has more appeal to me though.

Why can't both spirits and transdimensional beings exist? Most cultures have always accepted it.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

I never knocked on the spirit Idea. It just seems less plausible to me. But I'll say it again, I never experienced one or the other. I don't know what is out there. I've always kept an open mind and keep exploring the possibilities.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

I'm never ever going to use an ouija board. I've heard so many bad stories about them. Wether it's real or not, I'm not going to try it. I just don't want 'something' in my house

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

I never knocked on the spirit Idea. It just seems less plausible to me. But I'll say it again, I never experienced one or the other. I don't know what is out there. I've always kept an open mind and keep exploring the possibilities.

I hope you never do. Keep it that way.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Ok, I will sir

edit on 25-10-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
My neighbor told me of a ouija board experience she once had. She was about 13 years old and was at a friends slumber party. (This would have been like 40 years ago!) There were 7 girls there. The girl who was hosting the party suggested they get her older sister's ouija board out of the closet and have a go at it. They were asking "the spirits" silly things like
"Does Mark like me?" "Will I marry a cute guy?" Teenage girl stuff.

My neighbor swears the pointer-thingy began moving with none of them guiding it. One of the girls began crying and ran home. A couple girls kept their fingers on the pointer as it spelled random words and names that meant nothing to them.

Then it rapidly began repeating a string of letters, five times...six times...seven times. They asked it to slow down, so it slowed way down and very deliberately spelled the sentence "God is just" . Then it stopped completely.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree with you Wrabbit2000. I wince when I hear of others "playing" with a ouija board. How ever, I do have a bit different view point. It is not just the ouija board, but any medium used to make contact with the "other side". My mother, as a teen, used to gather with her friends to play what they thought was a harmless parlor trick called Table Walking.

In this "game" everyone stood around a regular kitchen type table and placed both hands, palms down on the top surface. Then, they would all "focus on the table" and think dance. The table would literally jump up and down and move around the room, actually leaving the ground. Mom played this game many times when her friends would come over until one evening, when her grandmother was visiting. When mom's grandmother discovered what they were doing, she went into a bedroom, closed the door and prayed that God's spirit would prevail and that satan would be overcome. Mom and the other girls did not know what her grandmother was doing, however, they did witness the table drop to the ground and would no longer move. Game over.

Any time we open ourselves to the "other side" we open our selves to the unknown.

So this game is "demonic" then in a way? I think I'm going to try it tomorrow on my birthday (26th) for fun... unless well, it is demonic.... I just don't understand how these things can be harmful yet available for the average person to do. I know it says in the Bible something like, "never contact spirits", but playing this game isn't contacting spirits... Seems like focusing on the "8th" chakra?

Ever heard of diamagnetic human levitation??

Is fatty food available to the average person? Is alcohol available to the average person? We get to readily use both of these things and they can do significant harm to a person. That doesn't mean you should do them. I've been on both sides of this argument before and I'm going to stick by my usual answer of just leaving it alone. Don't play it, the risk is not worth the gain that you THINK you will be acquiring in your mind. Look at it this way, you do it and sure maybe nothing will happen. Was it worth trying? No. You do it and a full blown demon begins terrorizing you. Was it worth doing? Once again, no. Just leave it alone.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
My hubby has posed same question as others here have, do you really expect me to believe that parker brothers has perfected a way to communicate with ghosts!? And as others here answered, I tell him it has nothing to do with who designed the tools, I've seen it done with whatevers handy, like the glass table and post its idea someone mentioned.

I did play around with them as a teenager, always with that little back of my mind suspicion the other person was moving it. Thinking this let me have fun without too much fear. I didn't have access to information about risk like we have these days thanks to the Internet!

My "safety net" of doubt disappeared one night when my friend got giggling like teen girls do and just kept laughing harder every time board demanded she stop. I was becoming more uncomfortable by the second watching her throw head back in laughter and wondering how the heck is she spelling words without even looking! So im begging her to stop, she keeps laughing harder and the planchet is moving faster and faster until it's so fast her fingers slip off and I realize the force and speed is still increasing without her. I lose my grip on it and watch it fly across board change direction and fly back to finish spelling word with nobody touching it. I was terrified, my friend was still laughing thinking it was joke and it'd been me moving it. She'd been too busy laughing to see it move on it's own.
That was the last time I used it although I had one last experience before I got rid of it that I won't bother you with unless you want to hear about it.

My opinion is that using one at all is unwise at best and possibly downright dangerous.

For those who discussed using it alone, think long and hard. Think about every haunted house story you've heard about something negative working to isolate and weaken a target. Think about the ratio of stories reporting contact with something negative through the ouija compared to positive accounts... If it seems more likely to contact something negative, why let it start with the upper hand of you being alone straight off?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join