It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Short Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hi.

I'm not sure whether or not I'm posting this in the correct forum, if this thread doesn't belong here, mods please move it.

I need your help. I've entered a short story competition. It's supposed to be 500-700 words. I enjoy reading books and writing, I'm very talented when it comes to writing essays. However, when it comes to my imagination I totally suck at it.

I've come up with a few ideas but I honestly can't decide which one to pick. I came up with these ideas when listening to both the Indianna Jones theme song and the James Bond one.

Ideas:
1) An adventure short story. Something similar to Indianna Jones. In every Indianna Jones film, Indianna is searching for something, whether it's the Holy Grail or the Crystal skull. This idea will be set just after world war 2 so I'd like to include Nazi's in it.

2) Secret Agent adventure story. The Agency will probably be either the CIA or Mi6. I was thinking of setting this during the cold war, as there's a lot of write about. This story could be about a secret agent spying on the Soviet's during the Cuban Missile crisis or I might write the story from first person as a secret service agent on the day Kennedy was assassinated.

3) I'm in love with secret society, new world order etc. conspiracies. So I've been reading stuff about the new world order and was thinking of writing a story set maybe 10 years into the future and the New World Order is already in place. I will include a false flag attack, probably an assassination. I will also include global depopulation, micro-chipping etc.

Now this is where you come in. Which story do you think is more interesting? I like the third-idea a lot. But it's going to be difficult, not sure how to start it off. Also, I'm not good with names so can someone think of a story name associated to the idea?

If you pick the 2nd idea, tell me what the main characters are looking for, i.e a lost artifact, lost city, etc.

Thanks in advance!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'd like to see the 3rd idea... but do make sure it's something radically interesting, perhaps after a WWIII scenario or something. Secret societies are a great theme for stories, Dan Brown should be able to tell you more about that

It just came to my mind - perhaps involve the church in a conspiracy against the muslims, and that conflict generates WWIII... but that might be better suited for a book!

Looking forward to read your story mate

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
You can always go with a post world war two story of an Indiana Jones like character where the nazi's have won. Or a darker science fiction world in the future where secret agents are the only human beings left and everyone else is a robot and they only make sure the robots do the duties they are programmed to do ... for instances, terrorist have to act like terrorist or workers have to work, etc. Maybe in that world someone has hacked everyone to be a terrorist and the secret agents have to stop it.... just a few ideas.

join