It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing's flying blackout

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Weapons for the near future war? Possibly as the purpose of the system is to be launched from a very far distance before any air power is deployed to the theatre.

The Counter-electronics High-powered Microwave Advanced Missile Project (CHAMP) is an effort to build a missile that flies over -- not into -- a target, be it an entire military base, neighborhood, or a even a lone tank and shuts down all the electronics inside without harming a soul. (Think of it almost as a mini-EMP in a rocket.) On Oct. 16, a CHAMP missile flew an hour-long preprogrammed route low over the Utah desert, "degrading and defeating" the electronics inside seven different targets. In a building along the route packed with computers, the screens all went dark as CHAMP sailed by, emitting a blast of high-power microwaves, according to CHAMP-maker Boeing's Oct. 22 press release announcing the test flight. (The weapon even took out the remotely controlled TV cameras that were monitoring the tests, claimed Boeing.)

LINK

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I want one.

I imagine they will use these to defeat remote controlled IEDs too, or anything electrically initiated. Not a lot of them being used in Afghanistan, but if we find our selves in another Iraq type situation that thing will be very usefull.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

There were reports of electricity and cell service blackouts in Abbottabad, Pakistan during the Bin Laden raid.

Very possibly the application of similiar technology to what is described in your post.

Thanks for the confirmation that it is possible.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Around a week ago, I was sitting in a truck stop on the Arizona/California border. We were asleep in the truck when what I THINK might have been a QF-4 came screaming extremely low, very fast over the truck stop. I say think, because by the time I got out of the truck, he was several miles past the truck stop. The weird part is that he stayed near a small town doing some pretty hard maneuvering before I lost sight of him. I'm wondering now if they didn't stay in Utah with this test. If he was acting as chase that would explain what he was doing. There was definitely only one plane involved.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
All they have to do is turn it up and the top of your head melts. Energy weapons are being used. It is a death ray turned on low.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This is most definitely a "first strike" weapon.

I wonder what the Russians and Chinese think about this.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
So if this bad boy can do that why couldn't they put that technology in the x-37b for a nifty space weapon to eliminate satellites? Oops did I say that out loud? Just tin foiling.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

Something called the inverse square rule perhaps.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Come on Phage, just leave science out this once.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The concept is nothing new, but the platform is.
This is the EA-6B Prowler.

The story is that if your in the path (being over 500 yards away) of one of these when their hot, it will give you "FLK's."
Funny Looking Kids.
Rumor has it that one of these trailed Flight 93, and wiped out the on board electronics,
and local cell phone towers along the way.

edit on 24-10-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
This is most definitely a "first strike" weapon.
I wonder what the Russians and Chinese think about this.
I'm sure they probably have similar weapons system in their arsenal. Generally the defense community shares much of their studies (atleast the poindexters) upto certain extent to receive unpaid feedback (positive/negative) from other poindexters
Academia is one of the weak/attack points for hackers to obtain R&D information. Do not forget many universities and colleges are funded by DOD/DARPA programs for their requirements/capabilities.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
reply to post by hp1229

There were reports of electricity and cell service blackouts in Abbottabad, Pakistan during the Bin Laden raid.
Thanks for the confirmation that it is possible.
I wouldn't be surprised if many of the weapons systems are/were used/tested already in the ME region during the last 10 years

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Very plausible being a test of such systems as thats what the QF4s are intended for

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
So if this bad boy can do that why couldn't they put that technology in the x-37b for a nifty space weapon to eliminate satellites? Oops did I say that out loud? Just tin foiling.
Never know. However you can scream all you want on ATS
The public (not the suits) will ignore you being a Tin Foil Junkie
Thats a good thing.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I agree. Not a new technology but definitely new platform not to mention (cost effective and dispensable).
edit on 24-10-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Those claims that "it won't harm a soul" ain't what they're cracked up to be.

If America wasn't killing herself testing all these things over the years Obama wouldn't have been fast tracking 8 million foreigners to new US citizenship the last couple years to replace the dead.

Hope Obama's cover up gets those newbies to melt into the melting pot.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I started wondering last night if they put a telemetry package or simulated warhead, and were flying the QF-4 manned, to see if it would be able to target a moving aircraft. If it's a directed beam that could be useful.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Now I do belive I was the guy with the story which may or may not be still in the aliens section about getting my truck blasted with an emp mounted on a stealthed ship over southern nevada.

Well hell I knew they were doing this as a result.

Dont know why they would bother with my poor ignorant ass though I was getting rather drunk and posting some harsh stuff there for awhile on a website full of nasa engineers.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by hp1229

I started wondering last night if they put a telemetry package or simulated warhead, and were flying the QF-4 manned, to see if it would be able to target a moving aircraft. If it's a directed beam that could be useful.
Very likely but you mentioned that it made crazy moves? Did the moves indicated that it could be manuevered by a pilot? Just curious.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Oh yeah, it wasn't anything a pilot couldn't handle, it was just a lot of high g maneuvering, which was really out of the ordinary with him being near a town, or what looked like a town. I was far enough away that it could have been empty buildings and it would have fooled me.
edit on 10/26/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join