anybody, everybody, i need your computer advice regarding laptops

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
(just wanted to get your attention) i need suggestions regarding laptops. which brands are good, which ones aren't. would you buy that brand again, ect. also, if you've had problems, how was the company's customer service dept? any advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks

signature:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ozmaoz47

www.notebookreview.com is a good place to start. Also www.anandtech.com

I've used Asus and Gateway most exclusively, with varying degrees of success. For me, the weak point is always the power connector. If only more of them were magnetic like Apple has.

I almost bought another laptop after my last Asus failed, but I instead went with a Nexus 7 tablet. I'm very happy I did, as it does 99% of everything I need it to do, in a much smaller, much cheaper, and more efficient package. Your mileage may vary!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
dell uses CRAP motherboards. I will never buy another dell

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The new Samsung notebooks are top of the line right now. Might be the new "apple" as they look pretty snazzy and the hardware is sound, a little overpriced but not as much as apple.

Don't even bother getting an apple notebook right now, they suck (I've used macs for so long, but I'm thorougly displeased with the new apples, and mac os). First its way overpriced, but if you overprice your goods you should have a good reason, this time apple does not. Nothing is upgradable in their notebooks, the memory is glued in, so you can't upgrade. The battery is also glued in so you can't change it either. Even Ifixit has called it the worst macbook ever created. Next the other issue is mountain lion, facebook, twitter are built into the OS. There is forced downloading/tracking in the os without you even knowing about it.

But anyway, i really like the new samsung's so i'm going to buy that next
good luck to you.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

interesting about the motherboards. i know i've heard they have alot of proprietary stuff and are a pain in the ass. never buy a computer that rhyms with hell LOL

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ozmaoz47

Don't have any help for ya on LapTops, but I would NOT keep Bombing the Boards with the Same Thread, diff title. Will prob get you barred, or Banished! Later, Syx.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Duplicate thread. Please continue here

top topics

join