My Personal Crisis of Faith

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cantyousee

Okay do does that mean when nothing happens on the 21st December you will be an atheist on the 22nd or will you make your excuses and reappear before the next prophecy.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I'm an atheist. It makes the most sense. The bible is riddled with errors, the theory if creation has been disproved and there is no evidence of a god.

I can't believe in something which is clearly a lie.

I see a lot of ego, pride and knowledge that is based on assumptions. Be careful what you put in your brain.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Don't you worry I won't put anything bad in there. That's why I'm an atheist and not a Christian.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The old, people are suffering thing, therefore you question God?

Sounds to me like you are using the old, why do so many suffer question, when the real question is about yourself, why do you suffer.

The answer is a simple one, without suffering there can be no growth, without suffering there can be no experience worth experiencing, without suffering there can be no distinguishing from joy, suffering must exist, without it the entire purpose any of us is here becomes pointless, the more you suffer the more you experience, the more you experience the more you grow, the more you suffer the warmer the embrace of after worldly joy will be.

Such can't be seen by someone who only thinks about the now. I spend many of my days thinking about 1 million years from now, the now matters from time to time, but it's nice to know in the end the now is just a microscopic speck of existence that will fade and be insignificant, excepting of course the past choices and chances not wasted of focusing on the positive or the negative.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I'm an atheist. It makes the most sense. The bible is riddled with errors, the theory if creation has been disproved and there is no evidence of a god.

I can't believe in something which is clearly a lie.

That's funny, wherever I look I see evidence of a creator God, both without and within, and to me atheism is an absurd proposition since the very nature of our existence is in relation to the center and source of creation. Still further, a careful and close examination of the earth/moon/sun relationship has all the hallmarks of intelligent design written all over it.

I feel sorry for people who are separated from the source and who reside within the domain of what can only be described as isolate consciousness because they consider the alternative "a lie". That's just crazy.

edit on 24-10-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

reply to post by cantyousee

Okay do does that mean when nothing happens on the 21st December you will be an atheist on the 22nd or will you make your excuses and reappear before the next prophecy.

NO, here is what I meant. I believe I said "If". The information prophecied by the mayans came from the second heaven due to their sacrificing to this fallen angel Quakamoley(that isn't his name but it is close.lol Information from this source is sometimes dubious. But sometimes it is spot on. If the prophecy comes to pass and this Quakamoly(satan) comes to earth, then what I said will happen without fail. It all depends on when Satan is cast out of heaven as written in Revelation.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This book considers the possibilty of a connection between government mind control experiments at Marian apparition sites. There also seems to be a number of UFO sightings at these locations as well, UFOs and Miracles on Amazon

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cantyousee
The information prophecied by the mayans came from the second heaven due to their sacrificing to this fallen angel Quakamoley (that isn't his name but it is close.lol)

That's hilarious! I think it's really Quetzalcoatl the feathered snake God-man of the Aztecs. It sure did get bloody. Then the whole region went into severe drought and they were wiped right off the map, which has a certain pathetic irony to it. I think the problem with all these so-called star-Gods resides in so much knowledge and technology, and not enough emotive compassionate awareness and understanding, so their whole infrastructure is totally whacked and out of alignment with Godly principals of truth and justice and love and light.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What my body, soul and spirit are crying out for is a renewed vision for myself and this world. I deeply believe that I need to be part of community, I feel an intense desire for it. I hunger for it. I am praying for an epiphany, a sign, a burning bush, a still quiet voice. My being pants for it like a deer pants for water. The world has lost its appeal to me. No amount of wealth or power seems to draw me. I am disinterested in politics because no matter the outcome it doesn't offer me solace or hope. I long to mourn with those who mourn and rejoice with those who rejoice. Let my heart beat with yours. I want to break bread with the community of man. Join me at my fire. I feel and sense the angst of the world. The fear of being open and vulnerable. The fear of rejection is palpable. The world seems to be so divided and each division totally committed to maintaining its boundaries of us and them! We have objectified so many things and people that we label them as not us. We perceive what is not us as the enemy and a threat to our well being. In my crying out please be sure to understand. I have not given up, I will pursue wisdom and knowledge. The things of my past what I have encountered, endured and escaped are not calling me back but pushing me forward. I am learning a new life language and how it describes me. Again thanks to all of you for taking the time to respond. Please be assured I'm not trolling. I don't know the answers!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

Re-read the sermon on the mount. You WILL be satisfied, it's built right into the very nature of things by God that such a thirst and hunger as yours will be met at last with satisfaction. Never give up. It's people of passion like you that God wants, not the dry one's who don't give a crap about anything or anyone anymore. Ask, and be specific and you will recieve. Don't fret, expect.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Re-read the sermon on the mount. You WILL be satisfied, it's built right into the very nature of things by God that such a thirst and hunger as yours will be met at last with satisfaction. Never give up. It's people of passion like you that God wants, not the dry one's who don't give a crap about anything or anyone anymore. Ask, and be specific and you will recieve. Don't fret, expect.

Very well said NewAgeMan. One thing I have found is if you really want to know and if it is a hearts desire, you can bring your petition to the heavenly Father in the name of his son Jesus and he will give you a sign, an answer, hope. he will not let you down under those circumstances. He has never let me down.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If you are waiting on someone else to do it then I hate to say you fall into the goat side of things. Christ said that if you saw and did not do then He know's you not. That is the difference between the goats and the sheep. As Keith Green once said don't write that check instead go and do stand up and say send me God. As far as OT and the killing of entire people groups I would have to say that there must of been some seed of the snake the fallen angles blood in them. That was the reason for the flood and the sin of what they were doing. It says that in the day of the return of Christ it shall be as in the days of Noha, so it aint going to get any better but is going to get much worse as the day draws near.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I found my answer after reading about Gnosticism and the Arcons,Gary Mckinnon and Archons.
This is what is going on to the letter.
THE CODE TO THE MATRIX by James Evans Bomær III.
This tells you why the black pope and your faith is in SERIOUS TROUBLE.
Yaldabaoth IS YOUR FALSE god.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayeagle
What my body, soul and spirit are crying out for is a renewed vision for myself and this world. I deeply believe that I need to be part of community, I feel an intense desire for it. I hunger for it. I am praying for an epiphany, a sign, a burning bush, a still quiet voice. My being pants for it like a deer pants for water. The world has lost its appeal to me. No amount of wealth or power seems to draw me. I am disinterested in politics because no matter the outcome it doesn't offer me solace or hope. I long to mourn with those who mourn and rejoice with those who rejoice. Let my heart beat with yours. I want to break bread with the community of man. Join me at my fire. I feel and sense the angst of the world. The fear of being open and vulnerable. The fear of rejection is palpable. The world seems to be so divided and each division totally committed to maintaining its boundaries of us and them! We have objectified so many things and people that we label them as not us. We perceive what is not us as the enemy and a threat to our well being. In my crying out please be sure to understand. I have not given up, I will pursue wisdom and knowledge. The things of my past what I have encountered, endured and escaped are not calling me back but pushing me forward. I am learning a new life language and how it describes me. Again thanks to all of you for taking the time to respond. Please be assured I'm not trolling. I don't know the answers!

Your lamentation is shared by many, throughout all generations. This is not weakness, sir. It is a sign of wisdom, and moreover, a sign that the spirit of Christ dwells within you. He longs for the same.

I've refrained from contributing to this thread thus far for many reasons. First amongst them is that I have shared in your doubts and pain many times in my short life, and do not have the answers. Least amongst them is that your thread has been plagued by the usual anti-theistic haters that so often pop up in such discussions here at ATS.

All I can contribute is something my mother once said to me when I confessed to her my anger, frustration, and doubt:

"It's ok to be angry with God or to ask questions. He's big enough to handle it."

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I don't understand why people cry out to God other than in a last attempt of desperation. God isn't responsible for our crises, nor should he pick up our mess. The crises we face are ALL man-made, and thus humanity would learn nothing and make the same mistakes if we were just rescued from our proverbial sh-thole. I am not saying that people aren't trying all the time to reverse the state of the world. They are, and I understand that it seems like the only answer at this point is for divine intervention to get rid of the scum of the Earth so the rest of us can rise up the way we should have been. My best answer is stop turning to God, make your own best effort to reverse the imbalance in this world, as God is waiting patiently for humanity to reach a critical point where enough of us can tip the scales against our man-made regimens and create ones that actually benefit humanity. Educate, support, love others. Loving others is most important.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by artisticnstuff
I don't understand why people cry out to God other than in a last attempt of desperation. God isn't responsible for our crises, nor should he pick up our mess. The crises we face are ALL man-made, and thus humanity would learn nothing and make the same mistakes if we were just rescued from our proverbial sh-thole. I am not saying that people aren't trying all the time to reverse the state of the world. They are, and I understand that it seems like the only answer at this point is for divine intervention to get rid of the scum of the Earth so the rest of us can rise up the way we should have been. My best answer is stop turning to God, make your own best effort to reverse the imbalance in this world, as God is waiting patiently for humanity to reach a critical point where enough of us can tip the scales against our man-made regimens and create ones that actually benefit humanity. Educate, support, love others. Loving others is most important.

Beautiful!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
So much great and a little scarry stuff in the thread. Tons of details and analytic debate. I hope you will let me bullet point (for brevity) a few thoughts that I felt I needed to get to you.
• Later when you look back on this time in your life, I see in your words someone who will be sincerely grateful for the conflict and uncertainty
• If the bible was full of only the people who had 100% faith and belief they were on the right mission and/or God would deliver them it would be a very, very short pamphlet, not a book
• You have sat on the opposite side of the desk of others who have expressed their own doubt overtly or not
• You cannot convince them all
• They cannot deceive them all
• You have very eloquently expressed what every believer should be willing to confess to during most of their lives if they are able to be honest, at least with themselves
• This is exactly why it is called “faith”. You have heard that you don’t need to see the wind to know it is there, therefore a morning breeze is sometimes used as the best way to see God Himself
• Your calling may be one of the greatest. Once you find the peace you remember to be there, the amount of good and the number of people you will be able to help is innumerable
• Finally, I encourage you to consider this battle as your personal opportunity and not an insurmountable obstacle
It is still free will, and you can always tell Him “no thanks”. Again judging from your words, I suspect you still retain enough respect for Him and the implications for you if you were to choose the incorrect path (you certainly know which way that is) after given this tremendous ministry.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by artisticnstuff

Don't you find it strange though that in the Old Testament god was everywhere, it seems you couldn't turn a corner without bumping into god. He was controlling mankind constantly and his actions were present everywhere but where is he now? There is no evidence now that god exists, nothing happens in this world that can be attributed to god.

Which leads me to the conclusion that the Old Testament is a fictional book and there is no god.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

What earth, sun, moon relationship? We need the sun to survive and yes the moon influences the tides but god didn't do that, look at the amount of planets there is, billions and billions, we are merely the result off long odds. There will be many planets containing life, but there will be far more that don't.

Can you please please provide proof that god is responsible for the earth's creation as mankind knows how the earth was created and the bible was way off.

It's getting ridiculous how we keep getting these circular arguments, why is it that religion tries to be above providing evidence but science provides loads.

I am an atheist because common sense and the vast amount of evidence dictates that there is no god. There is nothing coming back from the other side as a source of evidence, only go read the bulls**t sermon and you will find the truth. What a joke religion is.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Logic is a crisis of faith.

Logically,you can't have faith in something unprovable.

Logically,you can't really have faith in anything without a teeny tad of ignorance thrown in there.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join