My Personal Crisis of Faith

page: 6
30
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle
 

"The greatest challenge presented by Christianity is how to accept a FREE gift of incaculable value for which there is absolutely nothing we can do to either earn or deserve."
~ C.S. Lewis

Unravel this little riddle and there you go, your faith restored, in gratitude.

For more on Jesus, see the thread linked in my signature.

God Bless,

NAM

I sure hope your OP isn't a troll thread..

edit on 24-10-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)




posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan
 


I think he has every reason to question his religious faith. Belief without evidence is an irrational and ridiculous notion.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by grayeagle
 


I hope you don't ever forget the questions you raise in your op. Too many people want so badly to believe in the biblical god that they totally dismiss all of His evil misdeeds.

That aside, has anyone ever wondered why a god might have created us? I'm sure someone will spew that He loves us, but he couldn't have loved us before creating us - before even knowing us. So, what was His motive? To relieve loneliness? To create an army to fight evil?

Just the fact that he created us proves He had a need. This alone proves the premise that He is perfect to be false. One can't be perfect and in desperate need at the same time.


By your logic, if one put his finger to a flame and gets burnt, he is a fool, imperfect, and thus should ban all flames??? Your logic and premise is totally flawed.

Fire serves many better purposes than to burn your finger, which was a once and only experience to know about the created fire's properties. So too humanity to our common Creator, known by many names across cultures, time and space.

You, just like me, mere mortals of only 5000years recorded history, would dare define and limit who and what He is?

Evil misdeeds by Him, our Creator, that you blamed upon, and yet who do not exists in your heart? Have you lost your ability to rationalize reality from imaginations and fictions? Either you believe there is a god ruling over mankind, or that there is a devil instead. Which do you prefer?

Or do you believe none exists? If so, why bother even to be on this thread, and spout your illogical arguments over something that is only figment of your own imagination and not from proper study, research and comprehension of the subject matter?

Waking up, or to continue sleeping and wallow in ignorances, is still, sadly, your choice and free will, I would have to concede.

As to OP, through the many contributors sharing on this thread, I hope you may have a better perspective on the faith you claimed to possessed. as well as to others sharing similar predicaments such as yours.
edit on 24-10-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle
 


Spiritual dryness or extreme doubt are a part of the plan I think. I encourage you to read through the whole bible in its entirety and have more fellowship with people of your level of Christianity. Get into something berean like BSF and let others pray for you.
Some of the more liberal people in this thread are right, you are becoming honest and true to yourself. I am impressed with your compassion of the "lost."
How I handled hell: this is a difficult subject but I assure you that God really knows what would happen if someone saturated in sin will continue to destroy. Eternity is a long, long time my friend and that leaves plenty of room for error. You must be perfect to live that long or we all will suffer terribly at the hands of each other.
Suffering: our Father may not be Santa Claus, but he knows how far down the rabbit hole goes. And it goes down even farther, yes even farther! His perspective is different in that he sees the end results.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


5000 years of recorded history? You're not a believer in the young earth theory are you. We have human fossils far older than 5000.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981
 


Allow me to illuminate your incomprehension, inability to read, or just plain belligerant wilfullness, to my word used - ' recorded history'.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


Hey I was just checking. You believe in a god so you have already proved your delusion to me.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by NewAgeMan
 

I think he has every reason to question his religious faith. Belief without evidence is an irrational and ridiculous notion.

What do you believe in then? Just curious..



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981
 


And your pathetic attempt at baiting only proves your ignorances and trolling efforts on this thread to the insignicant nobody me.

Too bad this is ATS, a site dedicated to deny ignorances. May you have something better and meaningful to contribute to this thread.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle
 


I would suggest you check out the Urantia Book. It is a book about God and the Universe we live in. Many people who have been shunned or just didn't get Christianity have found happiness with the Urantia Book. It describes a created universe with a purpose and each individual has a place in this friendly universe.

Check it out: www.urantia.org...



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by grayeagle
 


Congratulations your doubts are leading you to the true path of knowledge and not blind faith. I wish you good luck in your journey to atheism and I assure you that not having to worry about if there is a god or not will be a great weight off your mind.

Also remember humans have inner morals that has no bearing in religion. You won't turn into a psycho because you no longer believe in god. You're an adult and know the difference between right and wrong without reading an old fairy tale to teach you.

Just know that there is no god and you only live once. Make the most of the life you have as it is the only one you will ever have. Good luck with the future.




I may be reading something into this... but I do not see the OP embracing either Atheism or agnosticism however you also mention True Knowledge as if God is separate from that?

No longer believing in God is very different from frustration over the desire for intimate communion with God, and sure knowledge of the lack thereof.

But you are correct in that you/we are merely figments of our own imagination, and thus, can only live once. So make every moment count because it's likely that life is your only reward.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan
 


I'm an atheist. It makes the most sense. The bible is riddled with errors, the theory if creation has been disproved and there is no evidence of a god.

I can't believe in something which is clearly a lie.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


Then I will simply apologise. I am certainly not trolling, I was unhappy with the tone if your rebuttal and responded over aggressively.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Other books? Written and dictated by mere mortals?

Not ignore them, but best touch them with a pinch salt. Any mortal can write anything, but divine teachers sent throughout the course of our human civilisation only taught what our common Creator truly intended for us, and not the flawed misinterpretations by mortals.

The old testaments can be cross referenced with other prophets' books and archeological findings. In the new testaments, our Messiah selected 12 disciples to write his words so that latter generations can cross reference for veracities. And the Koran can be cross referenced from them all, along with the prophet Muhammad's account of his life to bring our God's word to the pagan barbaric arabs in his lifetime .

Can any flawed mere mortal's words be equally cross referenced? Only misinterpretations abound.

We are physically manifested beings, with the ability ot react to each other and our environments through the use of our 5 senses and gift of knowledge along with love, and most certainly we humans are NOT figments of imagination.

edit on 24-10-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Long long ago there was God.
then mad used the name of God to get what he wants.

just look at the history of the pop and italy.
itis just a power tool.
fear my god fear me!

in the old testament.
god says there will be No other.
I am the beginning and the end.

so why are people worshiping some one celled jesus?
it was supost to be emanuel !
they could not even get that right.

and you wounder why your faith is challenged.
you need to have a look at more religions
and find one that worships just God...



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by grayeagle
 

"The greatest challenge presented by Christianity is how to accept a FREE gift of incaculable value for which there is absolutely nothing we can do to either earn or deserve."
~ C.S. Lewis

Unravel this little riddle and there you go, your faith restored, in gratitude.

For more on Jesus, see the thread linked in my signature.

God Bless,

NAM

I sure hope your OP isn't a troll thread..

edit on 24-10-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)





Funny... when I learned that quote years ago it was:

"the greatest challenge of "LIFE" is to accept a free gift gift of incaculable value for which there is absolutely nothing we can do to either earn or deserve."

I wasn't aware that Jesus or Christianity had anything to do with it. Go figure.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


Now when you use the phrase common creator to me that creator is evolution and not a god. Whether Jehovah, Zeus or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

My belief carries evidence as evolution is an observable fact. I would like to know how you still can believe that we were created by god when evidence points to evolution.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
Long long ago there was God.
then mad used the name of God to get what he wants.

just look at the history of the pop and italy.
itis just a power tool.
fear my god fear me!

in the old testament.
god says there will be No other.
I am the beginning and the end.

so why are people worshiping some one celled jesus?
it was supost to be emanuel !
they could not even get that right.

and you wounder why your faith is challenged.
you need to have a look at more religions
and find one that worships just God...




Long ago, God had chosen a tribe
whom will follow his moral and ethical path
for mankind to progress and evolve.

Our ancestors were barbaric pagans,
whom knew not civilisation,
let alone morality.

By His compassion and love for us all,
Divine Teachers were sent,
and by equal compassion and love,
more than the chosen were saved

We worship the One True God,
and thank, honor our divine Teachers sent
It is to God we pray
and divine teachers teachings the path to Him.

Without their teachings,
our barbaric ancestors would have been wiped out
Let us not lose sight of what truly matters
and that's the teachings of our ever compassionate and loving Creator.

Progress and evolution awaits,
from such teachings,
which even atheists cannot deny
for they did not wake up all knowing.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

By your logic, if one put his finger to a flame and gets burnt, he is a fool, imperfect, and thus should ban all flames??? Your logic and premise is totally flawed.

Fire serves many better purposes than to burn your finger, which was a once and only experience to know about the created fire's properties. So too humanity to our common Creator, known by many names across cultures, time and space.

You, just like me, mere mortals of only 5000years recorded history, would dare define and limit who and what He is?

Evil misdeeds by Him, our Creator, that you blamed upon, and yet who do not exists in your heart? Have you lost your ability to rationalize reality from imaginations and fictions? Either you believe there is a god ruling over mankind, or that there is a devil instead. Which do you prefer?

Or do you believe none exists? If so, why bother even to be on this thread, and spout your illogical arguments over something that is only figment of your own imagination and not from proper study, research and comprehension of the subject matter?

Waking up, or to continue sleeping and wallow in ignorances, is still, sadly, your choice and free will, I would have to concede.

As to OP, through the many contributors sharing on this thread, I hope you may have a better perspective on the faith you claimed to possessed. as well as to others sharing similar predicaments such as yours.
edit on 24-10-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)


Everything you wrote here is totally irrational.




By your logic, if one put his finger to a flame and gets burnt, he is a fool, imperfect, and thus should ban all flames??? Your logic and premise is totally flawed.


My logic? That is all yours and it makes no sense, and no connection to the idea of an imperfect god. Are you on meds and missed a couple?

To the OP: Do you see how religion can totally destroy a mind????



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by cantyousee
 


Where is your post in all that? I think you made a mistake with the quoting process.

***************************************
I may have done something wrong with the reply. My answer to grey eagle is there though.
Soon even the atheists will have to acknowledge God. When the latter rain comes to witness and gather the harvest, the power unveiled will be undeniable. I suppose the atheists will still be able to dis God but they will do it with deliberation and forethought.
The mayans said that their god, (I call him "quackamoley") will come back soon after 12.21.2012 when the Earth is aligned with the galactic plane and the milkyway. They said he is bringing nine of his cohorts with him. If this is true then it is recorded in revelations as the time when satan is cast out of heaven. God said he would raise up a standard against him. That standard is the outpouring of the latter rain(Holy Spirit)(Coming of Shiloh)(sealing of 144,000) It's all the same thing. Buckle up boys and girls. The game changers are coming.lol





new topics
top topics
 
30
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join