My Personal Crisis of Faith

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

So if god is the father, is the son and is the holy spirit what the heck is the holy trinity?

Well... if the tower has the mother board, the RAM, the hard drive, the graphics card, the sound card, the CPU, and the fan, then what the heck is the computer?!

Same concept. There are quite a few problems with Christianity, but your lack of comprehension is leading you to poke in the wrong directions.

There is no god, long live free thought.

You don't know everything, so that's just an ignorant statement. And your refusal to admit your lack of certainty makes you a fool. End of story.

I would explain my views to you, and see what you think, but that requires you to listen, and it's clear you've already decided there's no way you could be wrong and everyone else is just an idiot. You don't even know me...it's very reassuring to know that people still judge based on a few words on a computer screen. And it's even better to know that people are so certain of their opinions based on so little data.

I believe we call that, "Jumping to conclusions." Too bad it's thin ice.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
"To believe in the things you can see and touch is no belief at all - but to believe in the unseen is a triumph and a blessing."
Abraham Lincoln
1809-1865, Sixteenth President of the United States

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Yet another elaborate quote but still no proof.

I used to believe in Santa as a kid but it wasn't true.

The same applies to a god.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I do believe in a personal spirituality but I call that character and personality. No god involved.

Look at Bruce Lee, he was considered a very spiritual man but he was actually an atheist.

You call me ignorant as I claim there is no god even though I have proof on my side, can I not call you ignorant for saying there is a god without proof on your side.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I do believe in a personal spirituality but I call that character and personality. No god involved.

I don't call it a god either, because of the stigma attached to the word. It's more of a law than a god. But the word "law" is so simple compared to what I see, and there's a certain intelligence to how the motion of the universe leads chaos to build into a greater order than the previous one. You would think it would randomly fall into any kind of order, but it actually grows STRONGER. Like there's a design. You can see it throughout history, and you can see it in the universe. I don't call that god, but I do call it divine.

One of the synonymous for the word "divine" is supernal.

su·per·nal/səˈpərnl/
Adjective:

Of or relating to the sky or the heavens; celestial.
Of exceptional quality or extent.

Exceptional quality or extent...I think that's a pretty good way to say it.

You call me ignorant as I claim there is no god even though I have proof on my side, can I not call you ignorant for saying there is a god without proof on your side.

I didn't say there was no proof. I never said anything about proof. But if it's proof you want, I'm afraid I can't offer anything that I can rub your nose in like a dog being potty trained. And quite honestly, I'd prefer not to do that. Unfortunately, that's probably exactly what I'll have to do to get you to look at it objectively instead of with your protesting heart.

And when I say 'protesting heart', I mean you will resist because the evidence I offer will not match the parameters you want a divine power to meet. Regardless, you have not proven the lack of divinity in the universe. In fact, if divinity could be irrefutably proven nonexistent, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

I do not call you ignorant. I call you reluctant.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Re: Santa, God and Jesus Christ - please review the thread lined in my signature, thanks.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I think it would be naive of me to believe in anything that after thousands of years still doesn't offer any proof.

I know you do not class yourself as Christian but I do believe that just like all Christians you consider your proof to be within you but that isn't proof it is simply hope and desire.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

What do they all have in common?

They don't exist!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I don't call it a god either, because of the stigma attached to the word. It's more of a law than a god.

According to many leading edge scientists like Bernard Haisch, Irvin Laszlo, and Amit Goswami, the quantum holpgraphic universe and zero point field which sustains it and continually re-creates it, is SELF-AWARE, and fully informed in etenity, so a BEING aka God would be a more appropriate description than "it" or "law".

Edit: If you don't like the word God, then Godhead might be a better term.

edit on 31-10-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The Universe is not God and is actually AI, not self aware, its a technology. Akin to entering a processor or a DVD even.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

According to you, but I doubt very much you're as smart as the people I just referenced in the post above.

It's one HECK of an assumption, don't ya think?

"There is a principal which serves as a bar against all information and proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principal is - contempt, prior to investigation."
~ Herbert Spencer, Scientist

link   

Can you prove that?

link   
reply to post by Unity_99

So says you.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Well what about Stephen Hawkins? He claims there is no god, just like most scientists do, are they smart enough for ya?

link   

Only to my own satisfaction, which is the knowlege of experience, one that sadly, you'll never have because it requires a certain degree of open-mindedness and willingness and a high degree of curiosity and imagination (and not because it's imaginary).

You have to learn how to take life lightly and God seriously, then you'll know or come to know.

link   

Very surprised to see you having thrown in with the atheist crowd.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

There's open minded and there's gullible.

It may surprise you to know that being an atheist makes me feel as good as your inner belief in a god makes you feel. It makes me feel free to live my life without the burden of dogma weighing me down. I don't have to worry about how I live my life, obviously as long as I live by the laws of society.

The only difference between your belief and mine is mine our based on known facts and a solid foundation. You can try incorporate quantum physics into your beliefs as that is a very new frontier but even then it still shows the bible to be wrong as the bible talks of god in our realm, not the quantum realm.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I think it would be naive of me to believe in anything that after thousands of years still doesn't offer any proof.

If you keep looking in a stream for proof of a campfire, how likely is it you will find that proof?

I know you do not class yourself as Christian but I do believe that just like all Christians you consider your proof to be within you but that isn't proof it is simply hope and desire.

That is assumption. The proof is not JUST within me. It is everywhere - and no, not in the Christian sense. Please, do not compare my ideas with Christianity. I'm loathe to even consider the possibility.

If I were to show you proof, would you be willing to accept it - or the possibility, at least? I do not bother showing the proof to people who must have their nose rubbed in concrete before they are willing to concede the possibility.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Calling the universe 'technology' is like telling Christians that Jesus was just a man. There is so much more to the Law than technologic analogies.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

There's your mistake. You can believe in a higher power and not have to believe in the Christian god. Christianity does not own the monopoly on spirituality or divinity.

So many people make this mistake. That's part of why I despise Christianity so much. Everyone thinks that if you're spiritual, or believe in a god, you HAVE to be Christian because that's the only religion that has such beliefs.

This is completely incorrect.

new topics
top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join