It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Personal Crisis of Faith

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
to be broken..

BEFORE the lord....and not just broken over what you see/experience is what keeps you close to hear Him..in the good times and in the bad.. and stop shaking your fist at God.....it's NOT his fault we got this way ..

ridicule me all you want.. but, I have a list of items that says.. through it all .. I'm still here.. because of God

what is required of you.. oh man.. ?

Be thankful, for this IS the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning YOU... God is listening, but, what he wants is availablity and he'll answer when he needs to...

start with this phrase.."here I am LORD.. break me to hear your voice, that I may know you save your annointed"

PS:20

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Well said. Pride and ego also get in the way. That's part of the hypnosis we're raised into though. We're taught starting in grade school that you need to be cool in life, we're taught to try and impress others, the keeping up with the jones effect. By the time someone is an adult there brainwashed into craving materials things, titles, career positions, looks, money, and impressing others by externals. It's actually quit crazy just how brainwashed, and what a deep psychosis people get into. Usually it take some massive life wake up call to snap them out of it. It's just the strangest thing. It's like as people we're born with ambition built in, but all these things in society amplify that craving in us and also pervert it.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I'd be more worried about meeting the Easter bunny, that'd be one big rabbit.

Lucky for us that god and the Easter bunny don't exist.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

'"God doesn't exist".

Do you realize that when you say that as if you know it is true, as you did in your post ? That you are claiming that you know everything about the universe? You can't know God does not exist unless you possess full knowledge of the universe. If you have full knowledge of the universe ? That would make you God denying his own existence in this thread.

Stop saying that as if it's true. Because you don't know that it is.
edit on 28-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I know that the universe can exist without a god.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by randyvs

I know that the universe can exist without a god.

Uni-verse the very word describes how our Heavenly Father created it !

One word.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Is that what constitutes evidence amongst Christians? I've heard of clutching at straws but my dog you're taking it to the limit.
edit on 28-10-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

He has a point, actually. Vibrations are proven to determine the structure of physical matter. That is to say, a word can influence physical reality. Cymatics is the study of this interaction between vibration and atomic structure.
edit on 28-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Is that what set off the Big Bang then? Somebody's invisible friend said the word god and the universe was created. I think not.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Is that what set off the Big Bang then? Somebody's invisible friend said the word god and the universe was created. I think not.

Please don't take a hostile stance. It says that you are closing your mind to what I am suggesting, and I don't appreciate such treatment when I have given you ample consideration.

You are making fun of something you don't understand. Vibration influences matter. Sound is vibration. That's all there is to it. If you can't accept that, then that's your own personal issue. But sooner or later, you have to face the evidence. I'm not saying the word "god" formed this universe. I'm saying the laws of physics give the general idea credence, as is evidence by cymatics.

There will come a point where you must decide if you will stymy your education for the sake of familiarity.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by r2d246

I'd be more worried about meeting the Easter bunny, that'd be one big rabbit.

Lucky for us that god and the Easter bunny don't exist.

So then where did the universe come from?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Anyone who possesses any ability to reason at all can see that religion is BS from the get go.

Faith is always in crisis when you introduce logic.

I don't have faith in anything other than faith in knowing people will do the wrong thing.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
After all these pages of replies I am left with an uncomfortable realization of how much anger, condemnation, and arrogance there has been in the comments. I am not playing a mental video game to see who wins or who has the best argument. I am flesh and blood just like you. I have things I am pretty confident of and other things that I question myself about. It seems like there is a lot of passion to convince others of the truth of their life or their understanding of existence. Can any of us truly and completely explain the universe. I guess what I am feeling is that like Pascal I would rather live my life hoping and praying that God is who he says he is. And like Pascal I would rather try to live a life of kindness, generosity, forgiveness and love toward my fellow man then to live a life of selfishness. Thank you to those who have been kind. Thank you to those who have been honest. But thank you to all the fellow men and women who have taken the time to respond. It has reinforced my conviction that we are all asking important questions.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

Your suffering from a lack of faith in yourself, self-pity and the decrepid world around you. The world of man ruled by the dark principalities.

Time is running short. Here is a wake up call for those that are able to see and hear, sent to me from one who walks in the Light of our Father and Lord. The proof is all around you and that which has been written in The Word is literally manifesting as we speak.

www.youtube.com...

that we are all asking important questions.

As one whom was a pastor you are long past the point of asking such questions. Why do I say this? Because you already know the answers to these questions. This sounds more like you are confusing your own short comings and that of man made religion with that of the truth. Something that can happen easily because our world is so filled with darkness and in that darkness one can be easily overcome by a sense of hopelessness.

Faith requires no proof yet even so, the proof is all around you. To begin with just look at the prophecies that are unfolding.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

If you were in my shoes would you be comforted or encouraged by your response? Jesus himself sweat blood and cried out to his father, My God, My God why hast thou forsaken me? Am I not worthy to be afforded kindness because I have dared to share my questions? I have not renounced Jesus as my savior! You have judged me awfully fast without even knowing me!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayeagle
reply to post by Egyptia

If you were in my shoes would you be comforted or encouraged by your response? Jesus himself sweat blood and cried out to his father, My God, My God why hast thou forsaken me? Am I not worthy to be afforded kindness because I have dared to share my questions? I have not renounced Jesus as my savior! You have judged me awfully fast without even knowing me!

We all fall short and we all go through periods of loosing faith but moreso in ourselves. Sometimes someone just needs to speak plainly, not in judgement but perhaps it is resonating with conviction. Why? Because sometimes we get lost, moreso within ourselves than we do in HIM. Only we can't always see that at the time. HE never lets us go.......................even when we do.

I'm not saying that this is what is happening in your case but it sure seems like it according to what I've read from what you have written.

Perhaps your being shaken for a purpose only you can't see what that is yet either. There are no accidents or mistakes in the world. Sometimes we need to walk through darkness to get to the light.

I do not wish this on anyone and have empathy for your plight. However, I cannot help but see that this has more to do with the state of the world and your questions surrounding that. In which case explanations abound here to shed light on the true state of this world. Perhaps it will just take time until the dots connect.

In the mean time I'm sure that there is more than one of us here praying for you and all those that are in similar turmoil. My apologies Grayeagle for coming across as judgemental. That wasn't what my intention.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Your first response to me appeared to be judgmental. I believe we need to be careful in passing judgement on another believer even if he is struggling. I may not be a comely part right now but am still a part of the body. Judge not lest you be judged is still in the Bible.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Your first response to me appeared to be judgmental. I believe we need to be careful in passing judgement on another believer even if he is struggling.

On another believer? How about refraining from judging in general? You seem very unfair and biased in this post. I would recommend you look into that, for your own sake and the sake of others who may interact with you.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Hang onto your faith,

The LORD is with you, now and forever and unto everlasting,

YHWH had to exercise righteous Judgement in the Old Testament to establish His authority with His children,

Think about this: when you have children, you punish them when they do bad things, and they look at you as evil and hateful because they don't understand why they must follow rules or be punished. When they grow up, they see you for the loving Father that you are.

Such is God with us, His children.

The Law was in effect from Moses to John the Baptist, from John the Baptist to Jesus death on the cross the Gospel of Repentance was preached, and from the resurrection on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and grace through faith have been preached,

Do not elevate yourself to the position of Judge, especially in Judgement against your maker whom you've come to know is true.... do not listen to liars who despise there Maker and tell you there is no God or Jesus is not God, remember the scriptures that I could be quoting to backup all I'm writing, but I figure since you're aged and have much experience with the Lord you should be able to call to mind the Truth in what I am telling you,

God bless you sir and stay strong in the faith, your faith is not in vain, your destiny is eternal, your kingdom and inheritance awaits you,

Do not become weak-hearted like the children of Israel when they saw the Canaanites and the literal "giants" they had to overcome,

The world is big,

Our God is bigger,

Blessings unto you and your family,

In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,

Amen

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

So if god is the father, is the son and is the holy spirit what the heck is the holy trinity?

The muslims are just as wrong as you christians but at least they know the holy trinity is an absolute joke.

You can write as much deep meaningful nonsense as you like but that will never constitute proof.

There is no god, long live free thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join