learn more

My Personal Crisis of Faith

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

Oh yes damn my kind for wanting proof in something so I can judge for myself whether I should believe it. Damn my kind for thinking rationally and yearning to learn

I doubt you would believe even with that proof you so desperately aspire for. No one needs proof of that which is obvious.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Your quotes describes what we can observe it doesn't explain how they operate. I'm going to bed now to sin with my beautiful girlfriend. I hope your bible keeps you warm tonight.

It does warm the heart and I have very beautiful wife for the other things.

Sweet Dreams.
edit on 26-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I doubt you would believe even with that proof you so desperately aspire for. No one needs proof of that which is obvious.

The stupidity that went into this sentence is overwhelming. I will not mince words in this. Let's recap on first grade, shall we?

When something is obvious, that means every scrap of proof available points to it. Something that has no proof is NOT OBVIOUS.

Go back to school, Randy. And by school, I mean kindergarten. Either that, or stop ****ing trolling.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The stupidity that went into this sentence is overwhelming.

Certainly has held your attention hasn't it ?

Storming off in your stilettos again AI. Always with the insults. Tsk Tsk. Such a fine example of intel.
edit on 26-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Are you toying with me? Are you playing cat and mouse with me? I find it hard to believe that it's so difficult to understand the concepts I'm trying to impart to you. I'm being very crystal clear here, and it seems you are being deliberately obtuse, the exact reason I find talking to Christians very challenging. And I keep doing it, hoping just once, I can drive home the point. I can prove what I'm saying and teach a Christian to open up to new ways of thinking.

But instead, I find myself bashing my head against a brick wall to no avail. And I KNOW it isn't me, it's not me that's irrational. I can find two dozen people who get what I'm saying. But for some reason, you don't. Why is that?
edit on 26-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

"The man of science is a poor philosopher."

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."

"All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree."

- Einstein

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TitanBCE

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."

This is what I see most Christians on here doing. They claim to know everything, and everyone who doesn't agree with them is lost. In the end, I join the gods in their laughter because it is I who shipwrecks the poor fools in our debates.

Figuratively speaking, of course.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

This is what I see most Christians on here doing. They claim to know everything, and everyone who doesn't agree with them is lost. In the end, I join the gods in their laughter because it is I who shipwrecks the poor fools in our debates.

Hook, line and sinker. You fell dead for it.

I can ignore opinions for freedom of speech is one's right, even if egoistically and retardly put across, such as presuming yourself the sole judge of Truth and Knowledge.

Thing is, don't you find it strange - literally or figuratively - that you, one who do not believe in God - our common Creator, but instead had mocked Him in many posts, would 'join the 'gods' in their laughter'???

Spare us the pathetic lame excuses such as 'figuratively', 'taken out of context', 'misunderstood', 'typo' or whatever. A slip by you, written by your own hands, revealing whomever you truly are or controlled by?

Out with it. What is the name of demon or demons controlling you, so that true christians can drive them out in the name of our Messiah, to set you free, to be yourself.

But still, even if you are under controlled by the demons within, you as a fellow human still have free will.

What you reply or dont reply next will reveal the extent of control by the demons within you.

I will still pray that you may be set free....

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

You can't even comprehend that there may be no god can you?

Your mind is truly poisoned with dogmatic nonsense and is past educating. No matter what science discovers, even if in the coming years we learn exactly how the universe started and know there is no god involved you will still have your eyes closed and fingers in your ears stuck in your medieval belief system.

Let me just remind you that of all the billions of Christians and their Muslim brothers and sisters not one if them can provide a shred of evidence of their gods existence. How unfortunate, maybe I am jumping to conclusions saying there is no god or more likely I'm perfectly correct.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

How unfortunate, maybe I am jumping to conclusions saying there is no god or more likely I'm perfectly correct.

I would say you're equally arrogant to just up and say, "According to my comparatively brief time on earth, and my limited experience thereof, without any geology or astrology or historical or medical or archeological or theological or physics or mathematical degrees to my name, I can most definitively state as a fact that there is not a scrap of proof that anything that could be labeled as a 'higher power' or a 'god' exists, or has ever existed, in this universe."

Well, when you put it that way...

On the other hand, Christians are also arrogant to continually spout their beliefs dictated by an anthropomorphic god, because even as you cannot prove that divinity does not exist, they cannot prove that even if divinity does exist, it takes the exact form and mentality that they claim it does.

So in short, both of you are arrogant for saying anything other than, "I couldn't tell you as a fact, but with all due respect to your own beliefs, my personal view is _____."
edit on 27-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

So would it be fair to say you're sitting on the fence?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

But alot also don't the Bible is mostly allegory and influenced by ancient Hebrew literature. To really understand the Bible, you must uncover the symbology within. Also, the Bible is a book inspired by the Word of God. As such, scripture must be read prayerfully and spirtually in order for truth to be revealed. Doing so will lead to a correct interpretation. Many Christians and atheist don't understand this and don't even attempt to comprehend the symbology and Hebrew literature written in the Bible.

In the end, the believer and the nonbeliever need to be tolerant of the beliefs of others and accept the fact people have differing beliefs. We must remember every single person, regardless of beliefs, is important to the journey of humankind and the earth we inhabit and crucial to the development of the unified consciousness.

1 Corinthians 12:12-26
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
For the body is not one member, but many.
If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased them.
And if they were all one member, where were the body?
But now are they many members, yet but one body.
And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
edit on 27-10-2012 by TitanBCE because: Spelling error

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

Something in my spirit told me to tell you this.....

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom" Proverbs 10:9

You have that, so don't worry about the rest. You're safe in him. Just trust and he will show you more and help you to understand his plan and make you feel confident in it.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I will never trust anyone I fear. Fear is the opposite of trust.

fear /fi(ə)r/

Noun: An unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.

Verb: Be afraid of (someone or something) as likely to be dangerous, painful, or threatening: "farmers fear that they will lose business".

trust/trəst/
Noun:
Firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.

You fear fire. You trust your friend. See the difference?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

reply to post by r2d246

This level of opposition and rebellion means you are fighting your way through some level of acknowledgement. There is a work inside you taking place even if you don't like it and resist it at all costs. Often it is those who oppose The Father in Heaven and the truth the most that become HIS most fervent servants.

Once you recognize the sacrifice made by our Redeemer because of His love for you, it will break the strong holds of all your rebellion. Fear is the beginning of wisdom because there exists a second death for those that resist the gift of salvation..............worthy to be truly feared. This fear is fully to protect you because of the fallen state of this world that is predominantly ruled by the dark principalities as a result of our disconnection for free will. The fear is to keep you from falling further into sin and oblivion but rather to keep you closer to HIM. A mother fears for her child if she sees destructive behaviour that will hurt him/her. She will instill a fear into her child to protect him from harming himself.

This is a constructive and necessary part of life here as humans. To fear the Lord is to understand that there are consequences to rebellion that can destroy you in the end. This is why fearing The Lord means that it is to protect you and keep you from harm's way. It is to keep you safe and protected in HIM because whether you like it or not the reality of it is that there is a huge war here and it's over your soul.

The rulers of this world are the dragon and his fallen legion. The enemy of your immortal soul is doing everything to rob you of eternal life so that they may rob you of your truth and essence. If you were afraid in the way our FATHER intended for us in the benefit of protecting your true life.....................the enemy will not have a chance at stealing your soul. You would know and understand the battle and what is at stake and you would fear intelligently understanding how wonderfully you are protected in that fear. That is a divine trust for the protection of your eternal soul.

Otherwise you will be lost. Look around you........................see the consequences of our free will in this dying world where everything is decay and understand that this is a result of cutting ourselves off from our Creator.

Then try and understand why it was necessary for the gift of salvation to be manifested for us in order to return to our Loving Creator and how fear is designed to keep you from the darkness and their hold upon you, towards the aim of totally destroying your everlasting soul.

Every decision made in the darkness of the mind disconnected from the Source...........can only lead one into the road of destruction. Such ignorance is perilous in ways that you cannot see.

Deception has many faces. It loves the intellectual mind the most.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Every time someone says something to help grayeagle, the one who originally started this thread, you have to say something. I'm starting to wonder why.

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgement: because as he is, so are we in this world.
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love."

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Why don't we have some quotes from scripture about killing non believers or treating women like possessions.

It's okay cherry picking the bible but if there was a god and that was his word you would have to believe it all to go to heaven.

I'll stick to rational thinking as a secular humanist atheist.
edit on 28-10-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Rational thought that in the end makes no sense. Finds absolutely nothing and therefore isn't even logical.

I'll stick to rational thinking as a secular humanist atheist.

I'll alert the MSM of your decision at once.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Rational thought and common sense only go against the ludicrous idea of a god. I guess that's why you've embraced blind faith instead.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

reply to post by r2d246

fear /fi(ə)r/

Noun: An unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.

Verb: Be afraid of (someone or something) as likely to be dangerous, painful, or threatening: "farmers fear that they will lose business".

trust/trəst/
Noun:
Firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.

You fear fire. You trust your friend. See the difference?

It's quite obvious they use that word but with meaning of "respect" or reverence. But I think anyone who met God would be extremely affraid. They'd fall on there face as if dead in shock and awhh. The bibles has many verses like that. Trying to help people to understand the magnatude of power that you're dealing with.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join