It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Personal Crisis of Faith

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

...If you are the prime example of what Christianity looks for in people, I am horrified.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Does Christianity hold the monopoly on religion?

In ten years time Islam will be the dominant religion in the world, what does that mean to you? Do you think that will give Islam the monopoly in religion. Will Islam be the right religion simply because it has the most followers?

I never associate quantity with truth. Billions of people can believe a lie as religion proves.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I think that's a judgement you aren't even allowed.

I always thought stupid was an insult.

edit on 26-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Why can't I call the bible a book if fairytales. The bible says god created the world in 7 days. FALSE. The bible says Noah collected two of every creature in a massive boat even though he wasn't a carpenter. FALSE. The bible says Jonah lived in a whale. FALSE

These stories are fairy tales so why should I not class the bible as a fairytale?

It is an older book but it is no more factual than an Aesops fable. I won't give it any credence.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

I've explained why ! AI seems more bent about that toy being ridiculed than I am the Bible being ridiculed. Immature use of toys if you ask me.

The Bible is filled with true history. Speaks of places that have been found even. Sorry to break your lil toy.

LMAO. You people are so funny when you have to resort to insults.

AI almost hurt my feeling.

Let's get back on topic before we all get canned.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Please can you provide examples of things that were only known cos of the bible.

Any book can be set in London per say but that doesn't mean the book invented London.

In a thousand years if somebody reads a book that mentions London are we supposed to believe that book to be factual. You seem very gullible. Don't you even care about multitude of errors in the bible?
edit on 26-10-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I can but that isn't the topic is it.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Stop dodging.

Please can you provide examples of things that were only known cos of the bible.

This is related to faith because it substantiates a cause for faith. However, unsubstantiated faith leads to a crisis of faith, so how about you answer the question and give this faith some substance?

We're all waiting. Those of us with functional IQ's, that is.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So just like if god existed he could show himself and prove to us all there is a god. He doesn't though because he doesn't exist.

You can't provide evidence because it doesn't exist.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Alright Here you go.

Speaking of London.

Don't you just love when you get what you ask for ?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I don't think you're getting the point. I'm not asking you to provide proof that the bible mentions places. I'm asking you to provide proof that we didn't know about these places before the bible was written.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That doesn't prove your "God" is real, though.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Your just moving the goal posts now . Stop it.
That's ok. I don't expect you to ever say something like alright you've made your point. That would truly be unbelievable.
Thought you were finished AI ?

I don't need proof AI. You do.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Err okay you've made your point. The bible mentions places known to man. Hardly surprising seen as man wrote the bible.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by randyvs

That doesn't prove your "God" is real, though.

Functionally, I thought we were on about the Bible being fairy tales. Stay in context.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I thought that with my reply to you, a religion ignoramus, would have left this thread, but yet you still remain here. Why?

Are ignorances your forte, or do you seek for someone to enlighten you about religion so that it can fill the spiritual emptiness in your heart?

Biblical chronicles are 'fairytales' to you? Only goes to show either the extend of your ignorance in such subject or just plain trolling on this thread.

You claimed to swearing allegience to mankind's infantile knowledge of science, and yet you claimed the bible created our world in 7 days, simply by what you had skimmed through the bible without reading further, discussing, etc???

Sigh...it seems you lack understanding in basic science and no comprehension of the bible. Allow me to illuminate your limited mind. A rotation of our planet takes a full 24 hrs on its own axis, and a full rotation around our sun's axis takes 365 days.

What is 7 days to our Creator who created the universe? Is planet Earth the centre of our universe? Even a 6 year old child knows that it is not. Had you lied about your age?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I don't need proof AI. You do.

Yet more arguments from ignorance. When will you learn that taking lack of evidence as confirmation is the opposite of intelligence?

If you don't need evidence to make a claim, then you are not reliable and bear no credence. This means that you may as well stop pretending to be right, because it would be quite safe to assume that you stand as much chance of being wrong as being right.

I have explained quite clearly where my beliefs come from. I can list a dozen sources in fifteen minutes. Every one of them is verifiable. I don't establish my beliefs out of tradition, popularity, bias, or fear. My beliefs are grounded in what I can see, what has been tested, what has been recorded, and what has been observed. My beliefs are the beliefs of the future, a past resurrected to haunt us as a reminder of what we were too afraid to accept.

Yours is a path of judgment. Judgment, fear, and self-preservation. Christians only help others because they want to go to heaven. If it suddenly turned out they were going to hell for following Christ, how many would condemn themselves for what they believed to be right? How many would turn their backs on Christianity and find some other way to survive?

edit on 26-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Exactly a day is one rotation of our planet. So what exactly is a day to god?

Get out of this one too, when god says let there be light it is accepted that he created the sun yet we KNOW the sun was here long before the earth so why does the bible suggest he created the earth before the sun.

It's funny that you call yourself the seeker of truth yet you are ignorant of scientific fact. You're not looking very hard or you seek with closed eyes.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Very good point but you need to simplify it even more for him.

If I say the sky is blue and he says its green, just because I can't prove it is blue doesn't mean it is green.
edit on 26-10-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I added more to the post. Check it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join